10+ Year Old Account

Help Vs Warriors

Hey guys im not a very serious pvp'r but i like to play my BGs now and then.

At the moment im finding extremely difficult to beat warriors 1v1.

They seem to charge every 5 sec, bleed effects, spell reflects etc.

Im playing on 700 resi but still sometimes i get pounded for almost 10k in 1 charge.

Few questions.

Whats the cd and range on the charge and how long is the stun? does it have DR

Whats the cd on the whirlwind?

Should i iceblock soon has i get the MS charge, or trinket blink, or save blink etc.

Is it possible to kite safe from charge distance, maybe apply a lvl1 bolt if no time?

Do they need to change stances for spell reflect? whats the cd on the reflect?

Any help would be appriciated, and if theres any xp mages out there that dont find warriors troublesome pls share your strategys.

Pls be kind

“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Re: Help Vs Warriors

=/ for some reason i find it nice to get close to tanks like that... they depend on thier charges/ stuns/ etc but once u hug them they dont know wtf to do. keep your calm and dont let him stress you into using that blink to get range instantly for example. if he puts up spellreflect use aoe like CoC and arcane explotiono :P or why not sheep if the situation allows it.

Hello, i'm not the best PvPer but i think i can help yah out,

1. CD on chage is 15 seconds, and it stuns about hmm 1 second or something like that.

2. cd on whirlwind is 10

3. no, no and no always save IB for the horrible bs that will eat you.

4. Try to AVOID being over 10 meter's away from you, or he will charge you and stun u for 1 second this could be critical, try to always avoid this charges, i would recommend being CHARGED once thats when he attacks you, and btw do not blink it! important since then he will change stance intercept you, then ure stuck with no blink and ure probaly dead if u dont have ib, since there's a huge chance a bs will come up after that intercept that's for sure.

5. Yeah, they have to change stance to deffensive stance, and i belive the cd is 10 seconds btw a good tip which is kinda cool is to, sheep the warrior when he uses spell reflection, so that u will be sheeped so u can regain hp if u lost very much,but be carefull only do this when the warrior is stuck in frost nova, since then he can't harm you.
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1555110.jpg

I know your talking about arms here and my be obvious but just as further info, if they prot DO NOT hug them lol
    my friend pvps with me with his icc tank gear and he rocks basically any caster. Iv seen casters try standing close to avoid the charges and they just die never having moved.

i have to say the funniest iv seen was him pop spell reflect, which also protects me and the ally mage went to sheep me and ended up sheeping himself ;D
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikni
    Hey guys im not a very serious pvp'r but i like to play my BGs now and then.

At the moment im finding extremely difficult to beat warriors 1v1.

They seem to charge every 5 sec, bleed effects, spell reflects etc.

Im playing on 700 resi but still sometimes i get pounded for almost 10k in 1 charge.

Few questions.

Whats the cd and range on the charge and how long is the stun? does it have DR

Whats the cd on the whirlwind?

Should i iceblock soon has i get the MS charge, or trinket blink, or save blink etc.

Is it possible to kite safe from charge distance, maybe apply a lvl1 bolt if no time?

Do they need to change stances for spell reflect? whats the cd on the reflect?

Any help would be appriciated, and if theres any xp mages out there that dont find warriors troublesome pls share your strategys.

Pls be kind

CD on charge for a arms warrior is 20 sec cuz of Juggernaut talent (can be glyphed back to 15sec i think)

Whirlwind cd is 10 sec

Try to save the trinket really, just blink away

There is a little gap at about 5 years or so where the warrior cant charge nor attack, it`s a pain

Spell reflect can be used in battle stance

Keep in mind, warriors are the only class in game that need the best gear possible to get maximum rage, as rage is gear dependant, so a crap geared warrior should not be a problem at all :P

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix

There is a little gap at about 5 years or so where the warrior cant charge nor attack, it`s a pain
    Lol iv only done it twice, but bleed kiting a warrior is the Most satisfying thing for a rogue in 1 v 1 haha

O and cant resist lol 5 years thats one hell of gap.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

some warriors are really tough so don't be embarrassed since everyone still has a prehistoric depiction of mage vs warrior being cake. if you're fighting a protwarrior i don't think they are worth the effort, altho i haven't fought one since their last nerf. but the times i did it was just dumb between second wind, canceling out due to reflects, and it felt like having to beat any other class 3 times just to kill one of them. just way too much BS for the effort imo.

one of the biggest things you have to get used to is spell reflect. i don't use a mod personally(i keep meaning to add one for spell reflect but keep forgetting) so i go off of the icon. its such a pain in the ass to cancel your casts for a icelance but you have to do it, but at least you know he's not going to reflect again for a few more nukes once he uses it.

the other issue you have to worry about is warrior spinning so you can't burn some cd's until they burn that. hopefully you have iceblock up, or at least trinket. you need at the very least iceblock/blink up to counter it, and if you use blink with no iceblock up he's going to charge you after that, then hamstring, where you're more or less screwed(no iceblock/blink up now) unless you can reset the fight. so try and avoid just blinking on the spin. sometimes its all you can do tho. its really easy to make that mistake as a mage since iceblock is on a much longer CD, and its the counter of preference to wait out his spin imo but its just not there to use often so you'll have to do something like blink, then trinket the hamstring after his charge.

my general rule of thumb against warriors, pretty much anyone, is sheep them off the back if you can. i just don't like pretending that can always be done or assuming its a duel situation where thats always practical and he hasn't already taken some damage like in a real world situation where you're reluctant to do that, where you're more or less forced to play him starting on you or in the flow of a BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix
    CD on charge for a arms warrior is 20 sec cuz of Juggernaut talent (can be glyphed back to 15sec i think)

Whirlwind cd is 10 sec

Try to save the trinket really, just blink away

Spell reflect can be used in battle stance

Keep in mind, warriors are the only class in game that need the best gear possible to get maximum rage, as rage is gear dependant, so a crap geared warrior should not be a problem at all :P

yeah i think they call that 5-8 kiting but you need perfect latency and he needs to be lagging. i really don't ever see mages trying that, altho the ones that act pro pretend they can do it.

you just can't blink before the spin unless you still have iceblock up.