Thread: Dreamwalker

Dreamwalker

Trees seem to make exceptional portal healers. Anybody have suggestions? Current strat is use Nourish glyph and Regrowth, Rejuv, LBx3, Wildgrowth, Nourish x4, Swiftmend then go back in portal. Also how long should it take to complete the fight in 25 man, and what is the max number of healers that can take portals without interfering with getting orbs.

Re: Dreamwalker

You'll never survive past the 7 minute marker, 6 minutes is where the adds start getting nuts.

Paladins are still the best healers for Dreamwalker.

We only have 3 taking portals, if you have better a better strat for getting orbs you might be able to get 4. I'm not a healer so I can't tell you for sure.

i usually skip the WG and 2 applications of LB. saves me 3 GCDs that i can use casting nourish while still keeping 3 hots up on the dragon. If i do cast WG, i'll usually save it for the raid.

Hi teddabear,

I wrote a guide for healing Dreamwalker not long ago, it might help: http://treebarkjacket.com/2010/02/06...ng-dreamwalker

The TLDR version of the highest HPET rotation is:

Rejuv (glyphed Rapid)
    Regrowth
    Slow-stacked Lifebloom
    Nourish in between (glyphed)
    Swiftmend on cooldown (glyphed)

Make sure you refresh your Rejuv just before you go into the portal, and as soon as you get back out.

We take 3-4 healers down; 3 is usually best for making sure we don't steal each other's orbs.
    www.restodruid.info - Comprehensive Restoration Druid guide & resources
    www.treebarkjacket.com - Resto Druid blog

does anyone try to share orbs?

http://therestorationdruid.com/Websi...eamwalker.html

there is a link to my fight with dreamwalker, I did not do dragon main healing but I can see how druids would be very good for that. I agree that Paladins tend to excel beyond on this tho

Dreamweaver. DREAMWEAVER.

WHy does everyone call it Dreamwalker?

Quote Originally Posted by Dendron

um... http://www.wowwiki.com/Valithria_Dreamwalker ?

Deleted

People call her Valithria Dreamwalker because that is her name. Funny, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dziukas
    This.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Dreamwalker. DREAMWALKER.

Why does everyone call it Dreamweaver.... oh wait you're the only one.

On Topic: 3 healers seem to work best, druids/paladins/shaman are the best to put in portals. Holy priests are ideally raid healers, and Disc. priests Effective HPS is the worst of any healer(effective HPS, not overall healer :P).

Seems in 25man my guild can last 8-9mins before becoming overran with adds.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

How embarrassing... I'd probably remove my character from my sig if i was you... wouldn't want people in game to know of your ignorance :P
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

I'm actually not so sure that druids do make good portal healers. Our best HPSC (Nourish spam) requires all our HoTs to be up on the target which you basically have to refresh every time you come out. This means you spend ~8 secs refreshing HoTs, which only leaves 5-7s worth of good healing.

Compare to something like a pally or resto shammy and they can come out and instantly start hitting high HPS.

I've tried portal healing a few times, and it seems in the first 30s before the portals I can easily win the HPS (usually getting 10k+), but after 2-3 portal phases the other healers catch up. We haven't downed her on 25 man, but I'm sure if we were lasting long enough the others would well and truly overtake me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    I'm actually not so sure that druids do make good portal healers. Our best HPSC (Nourish spam) requires all our HoTs to be up on the target which you basically have to refresh every time you come out. This means you spend ~8 secs refreshing HoTs, which only leaves 5-7s worth of good healing.

Compare to something like a pally or resto shammy and they can come out and instantly start hitting high HPS.

I've tried portal healing a few times, and it seems in the first 30s before the portals I can easily win the HPS (usually getting 10k+), but after 2-3 portal phases the other healers catch up. We haven't downed her on 25 man, but I'm sure if we were lasting long enough the others would well and truly overtake me.
    I believe Druids can make grand portal healers however they can't quite live up to a pally healer on this fight, all you have to do is go in the portal pick up as many of the bubbles as you can and then come out refresh your hots and spam nourish or healing touch havn't really tested which does better but that isn't the thing that sets us apart. What sets us apart as most healers is that we will have our hots healing while we are actually in the portals gathering the buff... then you refresh it when you get out and go back in and your constantly healing... Now I know this won't hit near what a pally can do but if you can keep all your hots on her between going in the portals and never let any stacks drop off Druids can do very good good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen
    How embarrassing... I'd probably remove my character from my sig if i was you... wouldn't want people in game to know of your ignorance :P
    Apart from it being his forum name also :P thats gotta hurt getting self owned that badly

back on topic i agree they "can" be good portal healers but they lack what pallys and resto shamans do in my experiences so far...
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Druids are cursed with the problem of being too good cross healing, more valuable as support portal healer than pure single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen
    AHAHA I actually blushed when I saw I was the moron :P

... you guys have no idea how many people I called off on that ><