Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Stop repeating heroics! Edit the 5 man dungeons!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie
    Nowadays, thats what most players are doing..completing heroics, you get fine gear. And new patch comes.
    Then you can start all over with clearing SAME heroics to get better gear. Which is very wrong! Doesn't make sense.

So, Blizzard should give their time more into 5 man dungeons, and implement <blahblahblah>
    Five-mans are not progress content and probably will never be. Those are a stepping stone between leveling and raids. Raids are tiered content with tiered loot and progress. Tuning five-mans for any kind of challenge is totally impossible since those are always facerollable with suitable combo.

Have lots of hard-hitting mobs? No worries, avoidance/cooldown tanks, or 1.5 healers
    Have need for CC? No worries, pala tank and/or 3 cc will faceroll it
    See the problem? Tuning 5-man content is impossible, that's why blizz is not even trying it for real.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Stop repeating heroics, and bring new 5 man dungeons!

Quote Originally Posted by Worstcase
    It's nice when people take the paying customer into account.
    We pay their jobs so maybe it isn't asked too much if they work for the money not only on monday between breakfast and lunch?
    Wow. Really? You're being serious aren't you?

First thing I read was the '3 dungeons every patch' part. Even with a design team, making 3 new dungeons every patch is rediculous to ask. Make 3 polished dungeons that are fun and engaging, with fresh ideas, new loot tables fully coded and the art behind it all. While the team make these instances they must balance current content, work on raids, pvp and all manner of game aspects. You are asking a lot of them. I run heroics a lot, since I don't have time to raid and pvp has become boring for me.

I am happy with the current heroics, considering I am pretty much neglecting the raiding and pvp aspects of the game I am happy with what I get tbh.

I'd rather pay 15 bucks a month for the current wow than shell out 30-40 a month for dozens of new 5 mans and wacky attunement content.

We get a ton of content and a very polished game for what we're paying, some of you guys need to take some basic comp sci classes and see what goes into programming a boss encounter let alone an entire raid. And programmers don't get paid 10 bucks an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC7R0
    this is the perfect example of someone who has absolutely no clue about wow
    At least he's using his brain in a higher capacity than your input into this discussion suggests about you.

I like the idea. The 5-mans in ICCare a real addition to the game. But are still a seperate storyline to the old 5-mans. The concistency of the storyline in the WotlK 5-mans is somewhat lost once you start grinding them (for the emblems...which have nothing to do with any storyline...)

I suggest with your description of "Item Sets" it's aimed at a variable amount and type of items (not always Head - Chest - Hands - Shoulders - Legs ;-))

The BC way of things (wich is what OP more or less describes) was fine... and was part of a storyline. Felt like progress.

Dumbing down (emphasis on "Down" ;-)) the game (giving people more the Diablo way of playing and not the Baldurs Gate way ;-)) is what Blizzard is aiming for.

A stroll in the park is what the developers want for all players. So where is the chalange for the people that want to climb the Himalaya....

Anything else than what is it now, running HC halls of lightning for the 35236th time is really just not fun, but sadly it's the only way to gear up alts.

We've seen 4 new 5 mans in wotlk? it's really not enough, heck forge of souls is done in 10 minutes. and HoR is just not fun after the 2nd time you've done it, they should make hc's like they did in the start of tbc, hard and not just as they do with raids now with a Easy or Normal option.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin
    they should make hc's like they did in the start of tbc
    like they did in the start of tbc
    the start of tbc
    a) At the start of WotLK heroics weren't roflstomped like they are today when we totally outgear them.
    b) TBC heroics were only hard(er) because they required lots of CC that most classes didn't have so if you did not have a mage and rogue for dps, you had to take on much more mobs at the same time than was intended.
    c) TBC heroics were also roflstomped in the highest raid tier equip.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    (...)
    4. If you were a competent raider, then you got few or no upgrades. If not, shouldn't you just be happy you're getting the gear?
    Well, no. I for one am not. I would have preferred to progress more slowly through the few raids I'm able to do as a casual player. As I didn't get around to a lot of successful Ulduar raiding in 3.1, I was still mostly Naxx equipped when 3.2 came out, so I farmed ToC5 all over and other heroics for the new badges because that was simply required to get another shot at raiding. Soon no one was even doing Ulduar any more, so had to get 2T8 and the 226 gear from badges.

When I had that together, I did a little raiding but again not enough to be nearly fully ToC equipped as 3.3 hit. So it was the damn 5-man grind all over again for 4T9 and the 245 because nobody will take you along for a raid in 226 gear.

I kind of like the OP's idea though it's still an instance grind, but at least not the Nexus again.

The only reason heroics and instances in general seem easier now than before is because the mobs don't cast as many debuffs on the player. And even if they did we can handle it with the gear we've gathered.