Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Random Dungeons.

Oh my lord, this has to be the funniest thing I've read in hours (and I'm pretty hammered!)

Where do I begin..

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaJogeta
    I'm a 5.3k gearscore tank
    O rly?

I feel directly violated.
    You should probably invest in a new chair.

random lowly geared people
    Random group is random.

Gearscore shows me that if they have 7k gearscore(impossible i think) then they are NOT bad players. It is so funny how only people with low gearscores badmouth gearscore.
    Since when did ICC HM show up on the LFG?

And my favourite...

I say 4.8k+ and i'll take them anywhere. (and if they fail still, i'll replace them)
    Good luck getting laughed out of /trade for that one.

Thank you for such an excellent piece of comedy, I salute you.

And on the slim chance this was a troll, I salute you x2.

Yours truly, a 5.2k gs healer.

PS. This illustrates a worrying trend where people identify themselves by their gearscore. Like I said, I'm hammered...

Burbakabarbie ( Uhm. In lack of better phrase, i'll say ''no u''. Or just tell you to post something of use instead of attacking me and coming with statements with absolutely no background)

Funny thing there, SonsofDisaster .

I will have to say that the chance of a 3k gearscore doing more dps than a 5.3k is very very very low.

I say 4.8k+ and i'll take them anywhere. (and if they fail still, i'll replace them)

But with a 3k gearscore, i won't even bother since i KNOW they can't push 5k dps. Higher gearscore, higher CHANCE of being a good player. You cannot use gearscore to automatically decide a player's skill, but it can give you a good estimate.

Lokholar: Time is the most important thing in the world, i aint going to waste my limited life on teaching people what to do because they didn't read up.
    4.8k is easily attainable facerolling heroics without any skill whatsoever.

You waste 15 minutes standing around so you can get a run that takes 5 minutes when if you did your job you would be done in the same time?

If the dps is low enough to cause a wipe (ICC5 mans on heroic have the potential where low dps is going to make it tough) then fair enough but if it is a general heroic that has been in the game since launch they are overgeared.

I was pulling 3k dps on my warlock on the day I dinged 80 and that was during 3.2 and without spending a copper on BoE epics. If that isn't enough to be in a heroic with you then I suggest you find an elitist guild that farms random heroics all day with their super high gear scores sending hundreds of queries to each other every minute increasing server load.

It's funny how much of a rush so many people are in this game. Who cares if a dungeon takes 25 minutes instead of 15 minutes. You lost 10 precious minutes browsing the ah/trolling trade/doing dailies/whatever, oh noes.

I kind of enjoy having shitty geared dps in heroics on my tank. Just equip deathbringers will and whisperin fanged skull and BAM 4k dps tank. The instance doesn't even take that much longer, and it's kind of cute when people roll need for heroic blues as upgrades :P

getting pissy about ungeared people in heroics is like going into an AA meeting and telling people they should get sober. They know they're undergeared, they're doing
    what they can to change that fact, get over it.

Would that still give me my frosts?
    As long as you queue up for a random, yes. You will just get a smaller gold reward for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Because you actually care about Gearscore, that's why.

Go in trade and spam "LFM heroic random, must have 5.3k GS or higher, pst" and see how many people call you a retard.

It's a heroic. Grow up, suck it up, and deal with it or don't go.
    Of course there's someone like you crying about it. If you cannot average 4k dps in a heroic, I don't want to take you and I will spend the extra 30 seconds it takes to find someone that will because it will save me more time in the long run. Capiche? I only take geared people to heroics because I want to steamroll through them in 10 minutes, not spend 20+ babysitting fresh 80s. I earned my gear the hard way and I am entitled to do what I want with it. Which is to never carry any random person anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn
    It's funny how much of a rush so many people are in this game. Who cares if a dungeon takes 25 minutes instead of 15 minutes. You lost 10 precious minutes browsing the ah/trolling trade/doing dailies/whatever, oh noes.

I kind of enjoy having shitty geared dps in heroics on my tank. Just equip deathbringers will and whisperin fanged skull and BAM 4k dps tank. The instance doesn't even take that much longer, and it's kind of cute when people roll need for heroic blues as upgrades :P

getting pissy about ungeared people in heroics is like going into an AA meeting and telling people they should get sober. They know they're undergeared, they're doing
    what they can to change that fact, get over it.
    I don't browse the AH. I don't troll trade. I NEVER do dailies. I run randoms on my 3 geared 80s and then I relax with some alts I'm leveling or I run raids with my guild or I run pug raids on my alts.

I don't waste time carrying idiots that can't even push 1k dps in a heroic. I just don't. If I am pressed for time and I get a bunch of low dps idiots? I drop group. I wouldn't carry them anywhere. If you have a problem with an attitude like this? Roll a tank and carry people. I won't. I refuse to.

so this is to the OP i dont have much time to play meaning i cant raid much but that doesnt make me a bad player just because i have other things to do other then world of warcraft.
    i dont mean to sound like an ass but thats just something i think you need to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by mintel
    so this is to the OP i dont have much time to play meaning i cant raid much but that doesnt make me a bad player just because i have other things to do other then world of warcraft.
    i dont mean to sound like an ass but thats just something i think you need to consider.
    Then find people willing to carry you. Me? I'll try to vote kick you and if I cannot, I will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    Then find people willing to carry you. Me? I'll try to vote kick you and if I cannot, I will leave.
    i dont want to be carried theres no fun in it and i dont do bad i do about 2k-3k avrage but mostly i heal on my shammy.
    one question i have for you ganows what do you think is under geared for a toon.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    My fav is 10 min runs where noone talks

Saves time and everyone is happy, backround TV is entertaining enough.
    I'm a pig in shit when I get this type of group. Especially late night

15+ Year Old Account

I feel directly violated.

You should probably invest in a new chair.
    Hah, that's probably the most amusing thing out of this whole thread.

I do random dungeons as a tank, I'm probably around 5-5.2k (don't have gs, tried it once couple months ago when my gs was 5k ish without any 264 pieces, so not sure about my numbers)

It depends on the time of the day, but usually I get people who are ICC geared and I have to actually work a bit to keep agro, other times I get dps where I can just swipe spam and nothing else, and we usually take 5 to 10 minutes longer to clear it, me being top damage (not dps) and it's still a cake, considering it's a damn wotlk heroic.

Only exceptions are people who do god knows what, with god knows what spec. I had a druid in rest spec queued as dps, doing 600 dps with hurricane, his buddy balance druid doing 1100 dps, another dps at 2-3k and a decent healer. I had the urge to leave at first, but since I'm sort of lazy, so I stuck around just to see where would that go, surprisingly we finished h.fos, 15 minutes too late, but still.

You want quick heroics for your two frosts? Get best dps from your server and queue to find a random healer, that way you'll get your 10 minute run and your badges. Otherwise, why bother complaining? Sorry to burst your bubble, but right now random heroics are an easy way to gear up, not get your frost emblems in a 10 minute run, for most people.

Err, the point is, if people are trying and doing what they're suppose to, it's okay to "carry" their 2k dps through an instance. If they're being retarded and not doing what they're suppose to do, kick or leave works just as fine.
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

OP: I'm willing to bet all the tea in China you were once a lowly geared 80.

Looking at your raid experience:

- Naxx 10 complete
    - Naxx 25 arachnid + plague complete
    - Uld 10 siege complete
    - Uld 25 nothing complete
    - ToC 10 complete
    - ToC25 nothing complete
    - ICC 10 storming complete
    - ICC 25 nothing complete

it's pretty safe to say you've geared from heroics to the point you are now.

Taking a closer look at your current gear we can see that's mostly still true:

- Head = badges
    - Neck = heroics
    - Shoulders = badges
    - Cloak = badges
    - Chest = ICC10 2nd boss
    - Bracers = ToC10 1st boss
    - Gloves = badges
    - Belt = badges
    - Legs = badges
    - Boots = heroics
    - Ring1 = rep
    - Ring2 = badges
    - Trink1 = holiday event
    - Trink2 = holiday event
    - Weapon = ICC10 1st boss
    - Shield = ToC10 last boss

So, despite your 3 kills of the last boss in ToC10 and 1-2 kills of the ICC10 first 4 your 'skill' as a raider is questionable. Meaning the vast majority of your experience lies in farming heroics. Now, I'm not trying to say you're a bad player. You might have any number of perfectly valid reasons for not raiding much, but to be honest I'm not interested in them.

The problem here is with you complaining about people who are in the exact same situation as you were a little while ago. Some poor sap probably had to drag your undergeared arse through umpteen heroics to help you get to the point you are now. And yes, they may well have bitched and moaned as much as your are. Does that make your complaint valid? No.

TLDR version:
    You have little to no raid experience.
    Your gear is almost all from badge vendors.
    Your attitude sucks.
    Fix up.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    Of course there's someone like you crying about it. If you cannot average 4k dps in a heroic, I don't want to take you and I will spend the extra 30 seconds it takes to find someone that will because it will save me more time in the long run. Capiche? I only take geared people to heroics because I want to steamroll through them in 10 minutes, not spend 20+ babysitting fresh 80s. I earned my gear the hard way and I am entitled to do what I want with it. Which is to never carry any random person anywhere.
    First of all, who exactly is "someone like me"? Considering you've never once seen what I'm rocking for gear, if you're trying to say I'm not ridiculously overqualified for heroics you'd have another thing coming. I probably outgear your "I worked hard for my e-peen" ass. And I earned every drop I have for both my specs on my toon just as much (if not probably moreso) than you did, and I'm not sitting around QQing about "OMG these nubs has blues like WTF /emorage".

Secondly, if you don't want to, don't queue. Problem solved. Sit there in Dal and think you look special pretending to be /afk. Nobody's going to care.

Make your own groups then. The rest of us, myself included, will not miss you. If anything, it saves me the trouble of votekicking your ass for being a total doucebag and sticking you on my ignore list.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

When i was a new lvl 80, i did things with other new lvl 80. I never expected to be boosted by people with much better gear.

I never once stated that my gear was ''teh 1337 lollollollol i r0x u'' - level.

But we can agree that 5300 is almost twice as much as 3k, yes? I don't care how good i am or how bad they are. I just want to be put with people around my level so things can go fairly. It is not fairly that someone can sit and waste a spot while the rest of us do our job.

UchihaJogeta:

These people aren't expecting to be boosted by you. They're joining a random heroic que. They aren't waiting in the shadows to join when you join, and no that bush is not following you. They are more than likely alts of people, people who took a break, or new 80s of people who joined the game during WotLK.

I find it hard to believe, impossible in fact, that you NEVER joined a random group (pre LFG system and possibly pre GS addon) with players who had better gear than yours, maybe even twice as good or more in some cases. If there was a B(ull)S(h*t) addon you'd be scoring well over 7k with that comment.

Comparing achievements again; you hit 80 pretty much 4 months after I did. You achieved Epic pretty much 4 months after me. In fact, I achieved Epic 1 month after you hit level 80. I was by no means the fastest to 80 on my server, or the fastest to get full epic gear.

If we had been on the same server and had joined a random trade pug would I have been boosting you? My gear would have been around 4 months better than yours and considering how fast it is to gear up recently (about 1 month to get a full t9 badge set) I think it's pretty safe to say I would have had better gear unless I sat with my thumb up my arse for 4 months. Maybe the gear difference wouldn't have been as large as "almost twice as much" maybe it would and we'll never truly know.

The fact of the matter is you are complaining about something you yourself have almost definitely put others through, which is just ridiculous.

The solution to your 'problem' and everyone else having to put up with your GS asshattery is to remove yourself from the LFG pool. Do what you supposedly did all the way up to your current gear level. Make groups with similarly geared people from your server, then que for a random as a group.

What is better?
    a) with your 500000 gearscore wait 30min to find others like you or
    b) go instantly with lower gearscore party a bit slower?

hmm the only ones complaining about GS is the ones with low GS?
    Mine isn't high, around 5.3k, and I think GS is a joke (only got it to check it out).
    Randoms are... yeah randoms, sometimes you get ppl with 5.8k and sometimes... yeah lowbies.
    Omg there are ppl that doesn't have full epic and so on..

Do the random, get angry or glad.
    In the end it's only a game.

15+ Year Old Account

When i was a new lvl 80, i did things with other new lvl 80. I never expected to be boosted by people with much better gear.

I never once stated that my gear was ''teh 1337 lollollollol i r0x u'' - level.

But we can agree that 5300 is almost twice as much as 3k, yes? I don't care how good i am or how bad they are. I just want to be put with people around my level so things can go fairly. It is not fairly that someone can sit and waste a spot while the rest of us do our job.
    Yeah because people in gear don't just stand around with their thumbs up their bums half the time going "DERP DERP DERP iz gotz shiniez iz DPS when iz feelz likez itz". Hell I do my one random a day half asleep while drinking my morning cup of coffee.

God, you're stupid. People that are fresh are "doing their job" just as much as anyone else. When I take an alt into a random queue, I still sit there and DPS appropriate targets, do what I can to save the healer from a stray mob should I need to, give everyone buffs, ect.

So their DPS might be a whole 2.5k or maybe 3k max. Oh noes, the world will end! I've seen people in your gear, or even higher, pull LOWER numbers than that in heroics. Because all they do is talk on their cell phones and alt/tab autofollow the entire run. Tell me, are they doing their jobs better than someone in lower gear actually paying attention?

You don't even deserve to have any gear. You should be demoted to full level 71 greens and then eat your words when everyone /votekicks you out of every heroic you ever go into.

Random = random. You don't want random, don't randomize. See how fast you group trying to find people in trade with "4.8 GS or higher". I already know what that's going to lead to, and I only wish I could be there to enjoy the festivities of your complete and utter embarrassment afterwards.

You're just another one of those people that thinks you got epics, so you're better than people who don't for some reason. When all your crap is welfare junk, too. If you were trying to show MMO-Champ how much of a useless tool you are, grats. You succeeded. You get the following achievement:

"The Useless"

-Contribute absolutely nothing to the community of World of Warcraft by thinking you are superior to others for buying badge gear.

Title : ,Gearscore User
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account

But with a 3k gearscore, i won't even bother since i KNOW they can't push 5k dps. Higher gearscore, higher CHANCE of being a good player. You cannot use gearscore to automatically decide a player's skill, but it can give you a good estimate.
    LOL are you really saying you need 4,8k GS for a random heroic? LOL again.

The moment I hit 80 on my rogue alt I did 2,5k DPS in heroics, which is more than enough.

Oh and do you see me complaining when I get a tank with less than 40k health when I queue up as a healer in my 5.5k GS healing equip? No you don't because not everyone is a selfish bastard like you.

Yeah if they fuck up and have no clue about their class or are assholes or whatever, kick/ignore them. But kicking them for having low GS? What. The. Fuck.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I have no issue doing instances with lesser geared people, even if they are at about 3k Gearscore. It depends on if they can play. I came across a Warlock, 5.6k Gearscore, he had 500 higher Gearscore than me yet he only did 2k dps, when I did 5k. I also ran Gundrak Heroic with a group of people with 3k Gearscore, I was the highest, yet that healer kept everyone alive, and I didn't pull aggro off the tank.

Gearscore does not equal skill. As long as everyone does everything right, and plays well, I'm happy. And if you managed to finish your instance, why complain? You still got your crappy Frost, you helped others, and you did your damned instance!