Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Lich King should be Hard Mode ONLY

Lich King is hardmode only...but what people don't realise is that Heroic is the step ABOVE hardmode....

If it was hardmode lich king only, about a hand full of guilds would be able to down him... So far on Feb 19, only .20% of all of the guilds have downed Reg Lich King 25... and .53% LK 10. Personally I did the difficult bosses in BC and they were tough as hell. But I don't think they could compare the H-LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337
    no
    Simple. Why ;? Because everyone who plays WoW atm want to kill that bastard, and i believe Blizz want to make every single player happy. You are hardcore ;? Get first kill hardmode .. You are casual -> Wait, gear from first bosses, which aint hard + totc and after some months go and kill the Lich King. On TBC i was in guild which failed on M'uru we never succeed to defeat him.I haved alot time, but now i don't and i have only 3-4 hours to play a day. And that means i shouldn't defeat the lich king you m*therf*cker ;? Yes your post make me extremly mad im tired of those pointless threats Casuals vs Hardcore, Or you will kill Teron Gorefiend, he will not.
    Also if you think you are a good player or something go on make first kill hardmode lich king.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Vorancy
    so i spend an entire expansion getting mocked by this guy, watching him run away and just wanting to end him, and i don't even get to fight him?

no. just no. they can add another boss, but don't take away my chance to take down the jerk of the expansion :l
    hahahhaahaahaha nice one!

Simple answer. Every single player that has experienced Northrend has been chasing Arthas since day 1. It would be extremely disappointing if every player did not get at least a fighting chance to fight him.

Now Sindragosa would have been cool to see as a hard mode only.
    My 80s
    Ret/Prot Paladin
    Afflic Warlock
    Mut Rogue
    Enhance Shaman
    Prot Warrior
    Unholy Death Knight

He is pretty hard on normal, probably harder than most of other ICC bosses on heroic.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Soooo, I have access to youtube, therefore, I've beat the game?
    Are you honestly that stupid?

Let's say you buy a DVD. You watch most of the film, and then it stops before the ending, because you bought a DVD and not a Blu-Ray. That's fair, right? If you wanted to see the ending, you can watch it on Youtube.

Anyway, he is not hard-mode only, and he is not going to be. It's not like they can suck the normal-mode kills back through the internet and release him as hard-mode only.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

All you need is NUMBERS. Worse casual opponent.

0.99% Guilds in the World have done The Lich King 25.
    3.12% Guilds in the World have done The Lich King 10.

So easy

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin
    Once again, the OP complains about something being too easy when he hasn't even done it yet.

/thread.
    But that means he definitely knows what he's on about.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Are you honestly that stupid?

Let's say you buy a DVD. You watch most of the film, and then it stops before the ending, because you bought a DVD and not a Blu-Ray. That's fair, right? If you wanted to see the ending, you can watch it on Youtube.

Anyway, he is not hard-mode only, and he is not going to be. It's not like they can suck the normal-mode kills back through the internet and release him as hard-mode only.
    You would have access to all the content if Arthas was HM only.

Let me put it a better way. You can't beat the water level on Mario, is that Nintendo's fault? No, it's yours for not being able to complete it.

Having access to the boss =/= the ability to beat it. You always had access to hardmodes, you just aren't capable of doing them. You payed for access, it's not others fault your fingers can't press the right buttons to get there.

Blizzard stated they wanted casuals to try and experience as much content as possible while still making it a challenge. If casuals do succeed and get to the lich king then good, if not oh well that wasn't blizzards intentions of casuals killing the lich king they just wanted casuals to experience end game content.

LK should be hard-mode only. I´ve done the fight in 25m normal. Its cool and stuff but it was too easy for the ultimate boss in WotLK, even for normal. Blizz should have taken the effort to balance it more properly. If everybody can kill LK in normal then whats the point being a raider. As a raider you should be better than casuals/nubz, because the difference of effort serious raiders are putting into endgame content should be rewarded somehow. I dont care about your "omg i pay 10£ a week, i shld get phree purples and shiny stuff aswell" because nobody fucking cares.
    IE: You buy a poker set - cards, chips and a table. You manage to suck at that game and start whining that you paid the same amount of money and you should be a lewt player aswell. It just doesn´t work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinator
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Christ sake..do you even read the replies above you? Suddenly 400 guilds is "everyone"?

Yeah..sure..there will be an aura applied soon..then possibly 1000..or eventually 5000 guilds will kill him (which is still only 3-10% of the subscriber base and hardly "everyone"). And guess what..if ppl go back at lv 90 they wil maybe 5 man him.

Get over it already.
    Lich king is only on what? The third reset so far? I'm sure tons more guilds will down him before the aura is up.

Easy fight is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    You would have access to all the content if Arthas was HM only.

Let me put it a better way. You can't beat the water level on Mario, is that Nintendo's fault? No, it's yours for not being able to complete it.

Having access to the boss =/= the ability to beat it. You always had access to hardmodes, you just aren't capable of doing them. You payed for access, it's not others fault your fingers can't press the right buttons to get there.
    As I said before, seeing the ending would be included in "seeing all of the content". You don't see the ending unless you kill him. You can watch the cutscene once someone on your server has, but you don't see everything. And Blizzard want players to be able to see everything. Why would they make it Hard Mode only? Who would benefit, exactly?

Comparing a single-player game doesn't really work. Killing the Lich King doesn't just require your own skill like a single player game does. It requires a commitment to be able to raid, obtain gear, get used to working together with another 9 or 24 people, and so on.
    Most single-player games have difficulty settings. So if you couldn't kill the boss on hard, play on normal. Hmmmmm. What else has normal and hard/heroic modes....

Also, once again, he is already released on Normal mode, he is not being changed to hard-mode only, and they can't magically suck all of the normal-mode kills back through the internet so complaining about it being possible for more than the very top guilds to defeat is completely pointless.

edited to reply to both posts.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

blizzard have explained their logic and its fair, why make a game for a minority when 75% of the comunity that isnt hardcore want to experience all content.

i still dont understand why people get so upset about 'casuals' clearing content, if its too easy then do the hardmodes, thats what they are there for

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei'Thos&n=Plebs

They want the fact that they killed a boss in a video game to be some sort of special achievement.
    As opposed to it being...well, killing a boss. In a video game. Which is as impressive in the real world as getting to the end of a book.

It's the same reason people want mounts removed once they get one, titles removed once they have gotten theirs.
    People are selfish and elitist.

Deleted

I think we should ask blizzard for a new world of warcraft where everything is hard and is for the hardcore it gives you the opportunity to fight him as a fuck hard boss. Then we can have the normal ok ez mode one.. Let's get all the egoists removed the the hardcore world of warcraft game please, with ONLY heroic mode since making 2 difficulity versions of him isn't enough.
    Seriously if blizzard would make him hardmode only then they would fuck up the game for around 80% of all the players, so all you egoist so called "Hardcore" players, learn to think about others also wanting a good gaming experience.

The thing that bothers me about all of the people for making it hard-mode only is that they all have the same excuse: "Baddies shouldn't be able to see the same content." Not everyone who is casual is a horrible player. I've raided with a few really good guilds (server first guilds, the most recent being in the top 10 in the world), but I can't commit the same amount of time to a raid group as I used to be able to. Does this make me a horrible player? No. Does this mean I shouldn't be able to, eventually, kill the LK on normal mode? No. People are forgetting that it's going to take people like me, the ones who can't put a lot of time into raiding due to extenuating circumstances, a long time to eventually down the LK and we may never be able to down it on hard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpXXShooter
    1. Learn to type/spell if you want anyone to take your posts seriously.
    A lot of posters on this forum are from Europe. Meaning English is not their primary language. So the people you are criticizing may speak 2-4 languages or more, to your ability to speak ONE
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger