Thread: 460 Gold Richer

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

460 Gold Richer

So I got some new pants today (Leggings of Woven Death) and I slapped 3 23SP gems in them because I was about to raid and didn't have time to track down proper gems. Anyways, so I go and get the proper gems, one blue, one yellow, one red. As I replace the gems, I notice that it's letting me replace the gems while giving me the gem that's currently in the leggings, so 2 of the gems I replace are not deleted, I put them on the AH right after and came out 460g richer.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Re: 460 Gold Richer

Not to me! i think your here to brag about it damn you!

Screen-shots would help to reveal the truth, otherwise most people wont possibly waste the gold to see if it really works.

How would I screenshot something that happened after the fact? I don't have screenshot by screenshot of me replacing gems, that's just dumb. Believe it or not I don't care, but it happened and I found it odd.
    i dont understamd ???

I once managed to get a tier 5 set piece by spam clicking it very fast. And then I woke up...

On the more serious note, it's a temporary bug probably. You should have tried it again and if it worked, then you could have gotten a lot richer than mere 460 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz
    I once managed to get a tier 5 set piece by spam clicking it very fast. And then I woke up...

On the more serious note, it's a temporary bug probably. You should have tried it again and if it worked, then you could have gotten a lot richer than mere 460 gold.
    Not really... What the bug did was allow him to keep the gems that were already socketed, without destroying them as he replaced them. Not much money to be made buying gems just to remove your old gems >_>

Anyhow, very easy to test. Buy 2 green quality gems. Put a gem into an item, then resocket with the other green gem. See if it destroys the first gem or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

How would it be a temporary bug if he'd actually slapped them on AH and sold them?

Edit: Wait a second, did you ever press 'socket gems' when you put the 23 spellpower gems in?

I put them on the AH almost immediately after this happening, thinking maybe they were going to poof when I log off the game, kinda reminds me of how D2 Dupes worked.

The only thing I can think that may have played a role is that they are crafted pants, made an hour earlier or so. I don't know, but it happened, or didn't, whatever you want to believe lol. And yes I did press SOCKET gems, I spent 2-3 weeks getting mats for these pants I spammed them in guild chat a few times before and after socketing them.
    i dont understamd ???

reet, then congratulations because it isn't something you're gonna get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz
    Did you wake up at the Tier 6 vendor as a Shaman and get it all for free ?

(If you don't get it, its about the bug with shaman t6 or druid or something where you could just get it without any tokens)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zarakazi
    Screen-shots would help to reveal the truth, otherwise most people wont possibly waste the gold to see if it really works.
    I would like to see a screenshot about how you actually want to make a screenshot about that. :
    Also, why would the OP lie about something like this? I mean, it's just 460g. No big deal, just a funny story.

So, at OP: Gratz with your 460g, enjoy this epic experience as long as you can, since it probably won't ever happen again. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Iacom
    Wait a second, did you ever press 'socket gems' when you put the 23 spellpower gems in?
    MAI ROFLCOPTER GOES SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

I had gemmed and leg patched these crafted legs before I put them on, would that have made any difference at all? I don't know I don't usually go the crafted route, and I normally put them on immediately after making them, not after the gemming/enchanting occurs.

In any case I gtg to work thought this was interesting wondered if it happened to anyone else.
    i dont understamd ???

how are u richer if you probly foot the bill for those gems in the first place?

and if u made them, then sold them, who cares? i sold 1200g worth of flasks today but i dont make a thread about it..

if you want to say "hey i replaced gems in my pants and somehow kept the old ones" cool, say that. you didnt magically make more gold somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanked

and if u made them, then sold them, who cares? i sold 1200g worth of flasks today but i dont make a thread about it..

if you want to say "hey i replaced gems in my pants and somehow kept the old ones" cool, say that. you didnt magically make more gold somehow.
    I spent badges on them, you know there's more than one way to get gems? I apologize for not stating that in the first place. The point that you obviously missed is that gems from the pants were RETURNED to me instead of deleted. I think that's kind of a big deal and if it's a bug then it should be fixed.
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    I spent badges on them, you know there's more than one way to get gems? I apologize for not stating that in the first place. The point that you obviously missed is that gems from the pants were RETURNED to me instead of deleted. I think that's kind of a big deal and if it's a bug then it should be fixed.
    apparently u didnt read what i said

if you want to say "hey i replaced gems in my pants and somehow kept the old ones" cool, say that.
    i realize there is more then 1 way. hence:

... then sold them, who cares? i sold 1200g worth of flasks today but i dont make a thread about it..

as i was trying to say b4, if u wanted to point out a bug, cool do that. u didnt make special money some how, u bought gems with badges n sold em after u got lucky with a bug. gratz

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    So if you lost your wallet and then found a 20 that fell out of it in your car, you would make a thread saying "20 bucks richer"? You're real smart.

Quote Originally Posted by deistlol
    So if you lost your wallet and then found a 20 that fell out of it in your car, you would make a thread saying "20 bucks richer"? You're real smart.
    ty! exactly what i was trying to get across.

Why are you quoting yourself then responding? You're getting really upset about this, if you don't care why are you making a big deal about it? A bug somehow gave me my gems back, I sold said gems, meaning I turned gems that normally should be deleted but hadn't due to a bug into gold.

You need to calm down, seriously holy cow.
    i dont understamd ???

Spent badges on them, paid nothing, ended up with something.

Obviously you care enough to rage on me over this, I was asking if someone had this happen to them, aswell as stating it's benefit.

You wouldn't call "magically making gold" spending badges that cost me nothing on gems, then instead of the gems being deleted when replaced they became sellable, thus earning me gold? I would call that pretty magical.

Quote Originally Posted by deistlol
    I'm flattered you made an account on here for this topic, not sure why...
    i dont understamd ???