Early instance run spec?

I was debating whether or not it was worth going straight into prot? Any suggestions? Thanks

Deleted

Re: Early instance run spec?

Need more information.

What level are you?
    What is your current gear?
    How do you define "worth"?
    What sort of suggestions are you looking for?

In other words. An armory link would be nice for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Davantius
    Need more information.

What level are you?
    What is your current gear?
    How do you define "worth"?
    What sort of suggestions are you looking for?

In other words. An armory link would be nice for starters.
    I apologize for my vagueness, my original post came to me early this morning before logging out.

On to some details - An armory link at this stage won't do us much good, my warrior in question is lvl 10. By "early instances" I was referring to jumping into the LFG Tool & never looking back.

I realize that at such an early stage my spec isn't too important as I can pretty much tank instances into the early 30s in a DPS spec and a shield.

I was looking for opinions/suggestions on attractive builds. Should I stick to DPS increase type talents? That type of thing thanks in advance for your help

Deleted

To begin with you'll want to simply go full offence. There will be very few dungeons that you won't be able to handle, and it'll be even easier if you happen to have any BoA gear, to add to this, there really aren't that many crucial talents for low level Warriors in the lower part of the Protection tree that justify going full protection straight from the get-go. This should be used up until level 39, then get a respec to This once you hit level 40. From there you simply move your way further up the Protection tree until you reach Devastate, and eventually, Shockwave.

In the early levels, you'll simply want to be spamming Cleave and Thunderclap for trash, making note to taunt any stray mobs and adding in abilities such as Sunder Armor for single target fights. Revenge should be used whenever it is off cooldown. Once you hit level 40 you'll learn Shield Slam and shouldn't have any threat problems again.

Improved Thunder Clap together with both the major and minor glyph are amazing

As well as the rage you get from shield spec. If you want to level from instances, you will probably need to level as prot and these 8 points are vital.

The before proposed level 40 spec seems a bit strange to me, why go for a glyph for a spell you dont get till BC+ content?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZZVIzMxcdVz:MhZm0

will be your best choice. You dont get mad rage at low levels, so youll need the -3 on sunder.

Just remember to look up the level of the last boss of the instance and make sure your defense is high enough. It's not terribly important to get a lot of defense early on as there isn't much gear available for it until lvl40+ but a couple peices of BoA-pvp gear can provide a significant amount of resilience which helps
    "WTF! The lock is ninja'ing all the soul shards!"

Deleted

According to wowwiki you learn Cleave at level 20. Why is that such a strange Glyph? It allows you to multi-target with much greater efficiency.

I see what you did there

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:37:25 pm by Davantius »

After i commented it, you removed the glyph of commanding shout you had inserted

Deleted

Ah damn, I meant Glyph of Battle, I was wandering what you meant by wrong Glyph. Fixed.

Like I said in my earlier post. Offence > Defence at those levels, so ultimately your going to be keeping Battle Shout up more than Commanding Shout

Thank you Davantius & others for taking the time to help me out. I get the general picture thank you also for including those glyphs, after looking around for a short while I pretty much concluded they would be best. It's always nice to have confirmation & others opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by dkuneo
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LZZVIzMxcdVz:MhZm0

will be your best choice. You dont get mad rage at low levels, so youll need the -3 on sunder.
    While I never did use sunder a whole lot (trash doesn't live long), it's vital for when you get Devastate later.
    At that moment, you should also get glyph of Devastate