Arms weapon of choise

Hey! Ive been reading about random opinions and benefits that one gains from sertain
    weapons, but I still cant come to a clear answer which weapon is the best and why.

Currently im running with cryptmaker (mace) because I get to drop almost all of my arp
    gems from my gear, and replace them with strength, which makes me go skyhigh on
    strength gained attack power, which again converts massively up while in 25man raids.

I can get shadows edge (axe) whenever I like, and altho my stats would stop, my crit
    would increase dramatically and with wearing a few agility best-in-slots, Im quite sure
    I could get above 50% crit with raidbuffs. This would make my overpowers have 100%
    crit, and from what I understand I could totally drop my expertise and by learning a new
    rotation, I could do more dps than with any combination of weapon and gear (use
    overpower on every dodge).

Please soften my dilemma by writing about your experience and a reason for your
    opinion. I am also open to rude propaganda to convince me to be fury.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Arms weapon of choise

There is no opinion involved here

Shadows Edge > Cryptmaker.
    It really is that simple.

You say you're wearing BiS in some slots and yet do not know this?
    ARMORY - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&cn=Darkfangs

screw furrrrry, arms is more fun! (said the fury warr >_>)
    Everything you said were pretty much spot on.
    I'd take the axe for the oporturnity (eww spelling) to uppgrade it to tah legendaries! :F
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saikred
    There is no opinion involved here

Shadows Edge > Cryptmaker.
    It really is that simple.

You say you're wearing BiS in some slots and yet do not know this?
    theres alot more involved to that than just "seeing and knowing". Shadows edge is slower,
    so it has the higher max damage which translates into the max amount of presure made
    with a two-handed dpsclass. My question was still more about if its worth a full regem
    and rotation unlearn by going axe spec, compaired the the ap buff you gain from using a mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir
    theres alot more involved to that than just "seeing and knowing". Shadows edge is slower,
    so it has the higher max damage which translates into the max amount of presure made
    with a two-handed dpsclass. My question was still more about if its worth a full regem
    and rotation unlearn by going axe spec, compaired the the ap buff you gain from using a mace.
    I play arms myself so I'm aware of how it works

Long story short, yes. Get Shadows edge
    I'm assuming where you say the AP buff for mace spec you mean the extra ArP you get
    If changing to axe spec drops you below ArP hardcap (Assuming thats what you're going for since you provide no armory) then regem to hit it

EDIT:
    You also mention a "rotation unlearn" and I'm not sure what you mean. Arms has no "rotation" as such and in the gear you say you have you should be aware of this.

I Belive topdmg> Every other stat tbh. And i don't think that dropping expertise would gain you dps just cause you can overpower every dodge.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ver&cn=Strafir

Thats you I'm guessing. Across both EU and US armories thats the only Strafir who's a warrior and you're wielding Cryptmaker.

Looking at your armory. Yes. Get shadows edge.

You will have to regem a little, but 100% ArP will be easy with that gear / level of progression to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Taun
    I Belive topdmg> Every other stat tbh. And i don't think that dropping expertise would gain you dps just cause you can overpower every dodge.
    I know it sounds extremely weird, but its actually been proven that after overpower gets a 100%
    crit chanse (doing around 11000 dmg per swing) will produce the maximum amount of dps when
    expertise is left out, because all the swings that gets dodged, you get a 11k swing instead of a
    ~50% chanse to crit ability.

To the eager troll: I know I can get my arp in to passive 100% with an axe, but yet again, your
    missing the point.

Axe spec is head and shoulders above mace spec. If there still wasn't a cap on ArP, then we might actually have to do a little math, but axe would still come out on top. Its really not the 5% crit....its the 5% extra crit damage.

If you have access to Shadow's Edge, then you need to be rocking Shadow's Edge.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

yes if you have a shadows edge avail. to you and you wanna stay arms, axe is the way to go

on a personal note: you got the plate crafted legs /puke :s
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Axe is the only way.

The last time I checked the difference in Landsoul's spreadsheet it was about 400 dps in favor of the Axe with equal weapons. Also, Shadowedge is a better weapon regardless of the spec.

This would make my overpowers have 100%
    crit, and from what I understand I could totally drop my expertise and by learning a new
    rotation, I could do more dps than with any combination of weapon and gear (use
    overpower on every dodge).

No. Exp is just as important to an arms rotation as hit. If your target dodges an attack, being ms/melee/exc/slam, you have to give up that attack, so you actually lose out on dps, then reaction time to stop queue of next attack (which is also pushing an ms/slam/exc out of the way) to use OP, OP is very good, but try to keep it just as TfB procs come up, don't drop exp, ever.

You can get away with having lower exp due to master of arms as well as OP but never eliminate it ^_^

Plus, if you're unlucky enough to have a dodge too close to your TfB proc, then both attacks were wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlisted1

No. Exp is just as important to an arms rotation as hit. If your target dodges an attack, being ms/melee/exc/slam, you have to give up that attack, so you actually lose out on dps, then reaction time to stop queue of next attack (which is also pushing an ms/slam/exc out of the way) to use OP, OP is very good, but try to keep it just as TfB procs come up, don't drop exp, ever.

You can get away with having lower exp due to master of arms as well as OP but never eliminate it ^_^
    you do lose out of rage and possibly the 3-6k white hit, yes; but you also gain a "100%" crit which stacks up more DW dmg, the key to the 9 expt build is that you prio op over everything else. if you have to choose the arp hard cap or the expt cap, choose the arp cap
    i used to be against the no expt build, but after cruising logs and seeing 80-90% of the top arms wars running with 9 expt, 47% crit unbuffed, and 100% arp doing 9.6-10.5k dps has changed my thoughts on the topic
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

I will definetly have to do more investigating on the matter, it will be an interesting read nonetheless =)

Also, it isn't only white hits that have the ability to miss, there are many attacks to be dodged, MS, execute, slam, all of which crit for more then 5-6k, and they could have been a 12-13k crit o.O

No, both white and yellow hits can be missed and dodged. You're thinking glancing, which only applies to white hits.