BG leveling project

Hi all

I am planning to start a rogue who I am going to level only with BG's from 1-80. But before I can do that I need some advice from you experienced players.
    My questions are:

The spec to go for?
    I myself was thinking of going for combat. PvE spec. Because there isn't much resilience anyway in the lower level, so best to go for max Damage.

If I am correct heirlooms dont give any exp bonus in BG, but do give you nice items, is it worth it to get those?
    I am planning to get at least a leather should because of the Resilience.

Which of the BG's suits a rogue the best?
    I first though of going WSG>AB>AV and stay with AV.

ty for the help
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Re: BG leveling project

wont this bore you to death of your rogue ?
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

First off: You gotta get to 10 on your own =P.

Heirloom resil pieces tend to scale really well with gear and such. Most of the resil weapons stay up top pretty far at the max level of the BG rank.

I think mut would eventually be what you aim for, such fast CP generation and free crippling poison is a plus with that tree. It probably comes down to how fast you're killing something and if you think the bursty cooldown-reliant dps of combat can keep up with the solid mut lock-down.

As for bg's, if you're gonna do WSG, consider how valuable always-on crippling poison is. You can replace a poison as combat with crip, but ultimately, 2x wound (until envenom) giving free crippling+mut's heavy dps = definitely mutilate for WSG. AB tends to favor cooldowns, they are usually up by the time you rotate to another point, so combat may have an edge. AV is like "I don't kill horde whatsoever" so really whatever puts out the best boss dps is best there.

Really, play what feels right to you. You'll probably favor combat heavily until 50 anyway.

Deleted

Go ShS or mut, don't go combat. You have too clumsy energy, you will hate it. Your stealth will also suck.

AB is the best BG for rogues, but in general rogues suck in BGs. You will get extremely annoyed for the fact that every plater / hunter will instantly charge at you once you come out of stealth. It also sucks to not have CloS.

you mean 10-80?

anyway, i did my mage about 95% in bgs from 39 to 80.. it really wasn't so bad.. however 50-60 will be a lot worse since they patched bg xp to be based on a percentage of your level and not the max level's xp.. it was fun.

i actually enjoy lower bracket pvp.. less abilities to worry about and you get a lot of practice with the stuff you do have.. nice way to learn a class, compared to leveling, where you can press 1 button and never stop.

Heirlooms are brillant but u probley want to run round as ambush spec up to 30-40's if u get the heirloom ones

Ahhh the glory days of low level bgs.

Back when my server was new, and battle groups didn't exist, I ran around 2 shotting casters with ambush backstab.

Not sure how well it works anymore as players in general know more about the game, but give daggers a go in the 20s! They're a blast!

What heirlooms should I buy.

I got enough stone keepers shards for shoulder and two daggers or two swords.
    Also getting the chest with emblems

So should I go for two daggers, going mut
    or should I go for two swords, going combat.

Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    What heirlooms should I buy.

So should I go for two daggers, going mut

Yes daggers hands down for PvP imo

Get both and gogo Subtlety with a weapon swap macro

10+ Year Old Account

Was confirmed by a Blue that Heirlooms do increase BG experience. Also Mutilate is good, but not really good until at minimum 52, because you can't even get the ability until 50, and then 52 minimum for opportunity. Go Combat. With strong weapons and gear, you can 2-3 shot most people with sinister strike.

Another option at 30+ is sub hemo with a slow weapon (Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge, Venerable Mass of McGowan). Hemo hits massively hard at low levels, plus you get prep and extra AP, and quick combo point generation for easy 5 point kidney shots.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2