Bear gear, hit/exp in ICC

Hey all, first of all my armory :
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=%C3%80sgard
    (If it doesnt work search the EU armory with [Àsgard], the accent sometimes makes it malfunction)

So, as you can see my gear is pretty advanced through ICC 25-man. Right now, pre-heroic, the upgrades I will get are the following :
    - Devium's eternally cold ring
    - Winter's sentinel cloak
    - Trinkets (badge one, sindra25's one, putri10's one), any 1 or 2 of these

Trinkets are a no-brainer (except Satrina's is really good, dunno if I'll replace it that soon), but on both the cloak and the ring I'm gonna loose threat stats (hit on ring, exp on cloak) which would put me at 155 hit (4.73%) and 40 expertise (10.00%).

So yeah, does that seem good enough to you ? I think my gear list (what I have + the upgrades I'm aiming for) is pretty much BiS (with 4T10 - 264 ofc) but these threat stats do seem low.

Questions :
    - Is that 1000ish armor really worth the loss of 1.2% hit and 1.25% expertise ?
    - Do you guys intend to gem/enchant for hit/exp at some point ?

PS : Here I'd like the thread to include only pre-heroic choices. I do know that with full 277 the stats dumping will compensate the loss of hit/exp. LK is currently the last boss up both in 10-man and 25-man, but I am yet to kill him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Bear gear, hit/exp in ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    do you need the hit/expertise for threat? If yes, it's not worth, if not, then it is.

no.

ah btw...

Trinkets (badge one, sindra25's one, putri10's one), any 1 or 2 of these
    badge one is really bad (even the buffed 6.4k on-use version). satrina's is by far better, and even this is not really good for physical EH.

Do you have threat problems while tanking?

1. Yes, go for the hit / exp.
    2. If not go for the armor

Your answer can't be 1.

Yeah, I don't have any problems with threat, but I replaced 10 man stick by bloodfall (-88 hit), and loosing another 38 hit and 43 expertise, yeah that scares me

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    ah btw...
    badge one is really bad (even the buffed 6.4k on-use version). satrina's is by far better, and even this is not really good for physical EH.
    Compared to Satrina's, sure that trinket is crap, but is it compared to Iron heart ?
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

I think there is going to be a bit of a split between the community on the "Gemming for hit in later ICC gear?" question. Personally, i couldn't imagine ever going below the hit cap again. I can remember when i was gearing up and i was stuck at around 230 hit rating for awhile, and holding threat on a pack of 3 or more mobs was a right chore. As soon as i got hit capped, i've never had that problem since really.

With all my guildies gearing up as fast if not faster than me I need to have every ounce of threat I can pump out. We run with 3 healers on most fights(10 man), so our DPS have to work harder to beat the enrage timer, and our rogue is currently making me work hard to keep my threat high, since he got his new 264 axe. Festergut for example, if I lose top threat for even a brief second, then our rouge is dead in one shot.

So yeah, I will either be gemming or enchanting to keep hit capped when I get to your current gear level, or I will eat +hit food. I’m a fair bit away from worrying about it at the minute though (Armory is in sig).

Just armory’d you, In my eyes your dangerously below the hit cap, no amount of ArP or Exp will replace you missing 2-3 hits in row and having that mage get one shotted because he challenging your threat.

Of topic, there are other gems than +30 stamina you know. Some of your gem choices give me a head ache. Especially the 30 stam in your head piece, that’s an obvious 10 Agil / 15 Stam gem. Same with your gem choices on your belt and boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond
    Of topic, there are other gems than +30 stamina you know. Some of your gem choices give me a head ache. Especially the 30 stam in your head piece, that’s an obvious 10 Agil / 15 Stam gem. Same with your gem choices on your belt and boots.
    Well that's arguable. I used to gem Agil/Stam on every socket with Agil bonus.

On a 6 agil bonus that's either :
    - 30 stam
    or
    - 15 stam + 14 agil
    Well, I'd rather Stam, that's my choice. Overall on my gear, if I regem Agil/stam on 6+ agil bonuses, we're gonna be looking at +50 agil, -45 stam. On unbuffed stats of 1361 agil and 4533 stam (in bear form), that will anyway not make THAT big a difference. imo.

You don't use your big green bar to measure your epeen?

I think there is going to be a bit of a split between the community on the "Gemming for hit in later ICC gear?" question. Personally, i couldn't imagine ever going below the hit cap again. I can remember when i was gearing up and i was stuck at around 230 hit rating for awhile, and holding threat on a pack of 3 or more mobs was a right chore. As soon as i got hit capped, i've never had that problem since really.

With all my guildies gearing up as fast if not faster than me I need to have every ounce of threat I can pump out. We run with 3 healers on most fights(10 man), so our DPS have to work harder to beat the enrage timer, and our rogue is currently making me work hard to keep my threat high, since he got his new 264 axe. Festergut for example, if I lose top threat for even a brief second, then our rouge is dead in one shot.

So yeah, I will either be gemming or enchanting to keep hit capped when I get to your current gear level, or I will eat +hit food. I’m a fair bit away from worrying about it at the minute though (Armory is in sig).

Just armory’d you, In my eyes your dangerously below the hit cap, no amount of ArP or Exp will replace you missing 2-3 hits in row and having that mage get one shotted because he challenging your threat.

either you totaly suck (and the rest of your dps aswell) or your rogue fails hard and has some l2p issues oO

Well, I'd rather Stam, that's my choice. Overall on my gear, if I regem Agil/stam on 6+ agil bonuses, we're gonna be looking at +50 agil, -45 stam. On unbuffed stats of 1361 agil and 4533 stam (in bear form), that will anyway not make THAT big a difference. imo.
    Like you said, it’s your own choice, 50 Agi = Just over 1% Dodge, Don’t know the equation for stamina + Kings in bear form. Rough guess would be 45 stam in about 750 HP. So 1% Dodge over 750 HP? When your already sat at about 60k (Or more) HP. I Know what I’d chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    You don't use your big green bar to measure your epeen?
    Haha, made me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by dddmaster
    either you totaly suck (and the rest of your dps aswell) or your rogue fails hard and has some l2p issues oO
    Nice assumptions there mate, nice way to boost up your post count I guess. The rogue I’m referring to is around the top 10th combat rogue on our server and a good RL friend of mine. Niether of us need to ‘L2P’, but thanks for you valued input.

Like you said, it’s your own choice, 50 Agi = Just over 1% Dodge
    Pre-DR right

Nice assumptions there mate, nice way to boost up your post count I guess. The rogue I’m referring to is around the top 10th combat rogue on our server and a good RL friend of mine. Niether of us need to ‘L2P’, but thanks for you valued input.
    Yet you still run with 3 healers (apparently non have dps OS) and you struggle on 10m Festergut enrage? If he's pulling 10k DPS, then he's doing 7k TPS. He should not be at your heels.

what makes you think that he needs to boost his post count? nearly 1500 and you think hes concerned with a free +1 post? just because that may be your twisted way of thinking doesnt mean that others are the same. also there is no way you should be having such extreme threat issues with a rogue... does he know what TotT is? because you make it seem as though your threat is just barely above his every fight and that should NOT be happening. a good druid can pull some pretty intense threat, especially after popping berserker and besides all of that if he is that close it wont hurt for him to use vanish or even feint. im really starting to see the l2play issue here.

but besides all of that i appreciate the way you made me lol @ your "10th best combat rogue on our server" as if that was some serious acheivement, its an opinion based fact thus proving it to be....oh yeah opinion not a fact

Quote Originally Posted by Falnax
    what makes you think that he needs to boost his post count? nearly 1500 and you think hes concerned with a free +1 post? just because that may be your twisted way of thinking doesnt mean that others are the same. also there is no way you should be having such extreme threat issues with a rogue... does he know what TotT is? because you make it seem as though your threat is just barely above his every fight and that should NOT be happening. a good druid can pull some pretty intense threat, especially after popping berserker and besides all of that if he is that close it wont hurt for him to use vanish or even feint. im really starting to see the l2play issue here.

but besides all of that i appreciate the way you made me lol @ your "10th best combat rogue on our server" as if that was some serious acheivement, its an opinion based fact thus proving it to be....oh yeah opinion not a fact
    I see you have some L2 read issues, so if you care to read back to my actual post that you quoted, you'll see that i was actually referring to the post from 'dddmaster' who has a post count of around 122 at the time of this post. And i'll also reiterate that my previous comment about that rogue was that he's the 10th best geared rogue on our server. That is fact based. To add to that, if your not even going to post something in relation to the original post, why post at all?

@ Asgard, so your reaching dodge DR? In ICC? Amirite?

@ Getefix, i was using festergut as an example, we do run with 3 healers on that fight only atm. Back to 2 for rotface.

@ The rest of you, why dont you just reply to the OP actual question rather than ripping my post to pieces? When i made my original post and i viewed his armory, he had 167 hit rating, who out of all of you would ever run with that much?

So yeah, does that seem good enough to you ? I think my gear list (what I have + the upgrades I'm aiming for) is pretty much BiS (with 4T10 - 264 ofc) but these threat stats do seem low.

Questions :
    1000 armor is useful on every fight, while not extremely useful on fights like lady deathwhisperer.. still helpful. as someone else said unless you are struggling on threat, bears should never gem for hit / exp, if anything you find gear with one of them and use it. assuming you dont get unlucky, the lack of hit/exp should be made up by hitting harder due to ArP.

Pre-DR right
    You hit Dodge DR as soon as you have 1 agility. it's actually 44agi (40 with kings) = 1% dodge before dr and the amount diminished is based on how much you have already.. so you're looking at 50agi = less than 1% dodge, possibly as low as .75% or lower but I don't know the math for that

@ The rest of you, why dont you just reply to the OP actual question rather than ripping my post to pieces? When i made my original post and i viewed his armory, he had 167 hit rating, who out of all of you would ever run with that much?
    sometimes it's unavoidable, if you have a gearset in mind that keeps you semi close to hit/exp cap.. but another upgrade drops and no one wants it are you going to pass it up just to keep some threat stat? You've already mentioned that you don't like being below the cap, that's your preference and it's fine.. but it's not necessary to be at or even close to the caps so long as you don't have threat problems.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    sometimes it's unavoidable, if you have a gearset in mind that keeps you semi close to hit/exp cap.. but another upgrade drops and no one wants it are you going to pass it up just to keep some threat stat? You've already mentioned that you don't like being below the cap, that's your preference and it's fine.. but it's not necessary to be at or even close to the caps so long as you don't have threat problems.
    I take those gear to make my Kitty set and keep on working on my tanking set, (Just need a leg or glove from VOA then got T10 4 piece).

I do agree that as long you are between 5% and 8% for hit chance you would not have a problem with threat. It is the 4% and below are the problem. The OP is between 5% and 8%.

One thing I found is that he enchant his cloak with +225 armor when he should enchant it with +22 agility. Also he is stamina stacking, and missing alot of great socket bonus, oh well it is his choice.

I think you should get the other neck item since we do not get any bonus armor from necklace. With that neck item you would be hit cap.