Poll: should vault bosses drop class tokens instead of random class items (view below for details)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My ingenious idea for VoA (vault of archavon)

Many of you know that vault bosses drop random tier items but what i came up with is, hey why not make class tokens instead of dropping random tier that will go to waste?... because for instance what if your a restoration druid for instance and moonkin pants drop, well guess what- i guess those are going to go to waste,

Here is an example of a perfect 10 man vault class run raid comp.

http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

protection paladin
    protection warrior
    restoration druid
    discipline priest
    mm hunter
    arcane mage
    affliction warlock
    unholy death knight
    assassination rogue
    enhancement shaman

Here is an example of a VoA boss drop for Toravon the Ice Watcher in 10 man.

feral tanking gloves
    elemental shaman pants

Now instead of those items going to waste why not implement a tier system like this,

A class specific tier token has a chance to drop that can be redeemed for either legs or gloves, that way no loot hardly ever goes to waste again. I know, i know you're probably thinking well what if the restoration druid for instance already has gloves, and pants? Well then he can spend them for off set items but the first tier you get shouldn't be for your off set that and that is why i want to see this system implemented.

Here is what the tokens would look like

death knight tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"
    druid tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"
    shaman tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"
    hunter tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"
    rogue tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"
    priest tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"
    mage tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"
    warrior tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"
    paladin tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"
    warlock tier 10- (10 man token) "may be redeemed for pants, or gloves"

I know a lot of you are probably going to be critical and say "well most people already have their 4 piece, so this would be kind of useless now". But guess what hey a lot of people don't have their 4 piece and what if you are wanting to gear up another alt would you rather have this system or spend frost emblems on gear you can get through VoA. I guarantee a lot of people had to spend frost emblems on pants, or gloves which you shouldn't have to do in my opinion that is why Vault is there, to save you some time and that is why Vault needs to be re- done because if its meant to save you some time then actually make it work so it does, random tier that no one can use is not considered "saving any time".

thanks for reading and have a fantastic day

comments? suggestions? feed back?

Re: My ingenious idea for VoA (vault of archavon)

I don't think Koralon or Toravon drop chests anymore btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

i do like that idea for the very simple reason i've seen so much DK dps gear drop in VoA but havent seen a single tanking item

tokes would indeed solve that
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

edited

Deleted

I would like the RNG to take raid composition into account, and not to give completely useless loot.

15+ Year Old Account

I think the whole concept of it dropping a single-class and spec item is that, while free t7-10, they don't want it to be guaranteed loot.

They're okay with the chance of it going to waste, iirc, because VoA is so easy to begin with.

Using this token system, it's just even more easy t10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    I think the whole concept of it dropping a single-class and spec item is that, while free t7-10, they don't want it to be guaranteed loot.

They're okay with the chance of it going to waste, iirc, because VoA is so easy to begin with.

Using this token system, it's just even more easy t10.
    I forgot ICC is hard to begin with, it just got nerfed up the ying yang and you have unlimited attempts in normal mode now. just about the only encounters i could see a pug not being able to do in 10 man would be the the crimson hall, and the frost wing halls except for valithria and maybe not putricide.

Better idea is to remove VoA and go raid ICC and play arena.

There is no need for the gear you get in VoA. People not raiding ICC don't need T10 ilvl 264 and people that only PvP in BG's don't need the best PvP sets. It has been ridiculous from the start. Someone has to get 95 frost emblems and a mark from ICC25 end wing bosses and someone else with blue gear gets it for going 10 minutes VoA. It's just wrong.

But OT, yes this is a great idea if you don't want to waste gear from VoA and want to gear faster. I guess Blizzard made it like this because they want you to spend more time gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    I forgot ICC is hard to begin with, it just got nerfed up the ying yang and you have unlimited attempts in normal mode now. just about the only encounters i could see a pug not being able to do in 10 man would be the the crimson hall, and the frost wing halls except for valithria and maybe not putricide.
    lolwut

In the last 4 weeks i joined 3 or 4 pugs for toc10 or toc25 and they all failed miserably. And you tell me that VoA pugs can also clear ICC? Right...

The only way you can clear ICC with a pug is when you have a very well selected group of people. People you KNOW are good. You don't need that in VoA. In VoA you can almost invite anyone who is level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    In the last 4 weeks i joined 3 or 4 pugs for toc10 or toc25 and they all failed miserably. And you tell me that VoA pugs can also clear ICC? Right...

The only way you can clear ICC with a pug is when you have a very well selected group of people. People you KNOW are good. You don't need that in VoA. In VoA you can almost invite anyone who is level 80.
    I make sure if i am bringing PuGs to gear check/achievement check them first and on the first encounter if they can't pull dps that matches their gear i clean house.

Awsome idea indeed. That was theres a higher chance for people to get loot from that damned instance:P

and heres another Idea: the token can be used for pvp gear as well.

Anatidae

so u want easy loot to become even more easy to get?
    and i dont find offspec gear going to waste some people play multiple specs u know

They want people to continue to do VoA and doing this will make people want to get their items and never come back. Which most people do already because they don't need gear from VoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    Better idea is to remove VoA and go raid ICC and play arena.

There is no need for the gear you get in VoA. People not raiding ICC don't need T10 ilvl 264 and people that only PvP in BG's don't need the best PvP sets. It has been ridiculous from the start. Someone has to get 95 frost emblems and a mark from ICC25 end wing bosses and someone else with blue gear gets it for going 10 minutes VoA. It's just wrong.

But OT, yes this is a great idea if you don't want to waste gear from VoA and want to gear faster. I guess Blizzard made it like this because they want you to spend more time gearing.
    Eeh what?

Why wouldnt we non raiders need T10? Everyone want to look shiny and pretty not just the raiders. We all want to be competetive in heroics and pugs
    and have you done BGs lately? There are so many arena players with a ton of resi in there doing achivements and whatnot so of course a regular bg player needs the best possible gear they can get aswell.

I agree its to easy to get gear, but you still need to raid or do arena to get the best available stuff, VoA is just a little help on the way.

Edit: I vote no btw.

VoA is easy as it is, the whole idea behind it is no loot guarenteed. You still get a couple of frost emblems and some triumph depending
    on how many bosses that goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by agelos
    Awsome idea indeed. That was theres a higher chance for people to get loot from that damned instance:P

and heres another Idea: the token can be used for pvp gear as well.
    They want voa to be very random. Like a lottery.

That was from a blue post some time ago.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I make sure if i am bringing PuGs to gear check/achievement check them first and on the first encounter if they can't pull dps that matches their gear i clean house.
    On my server arthas still lives. You must be on a more hard core server. Here I only see pugs for 10man icc, and I doubt they get beyond first wing.

Quote Originally Posted by anywherenotes
    On my server arthas still lives. You must be on a more hard core server. Here I only see pugs for 10man icc, and I doubt they get beyond first wing.
    I'm fairly sure he's talking about Vault of Archavon. What's Arthas and ICC got to do with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gxz
    They want people to continue to do VoA and doing this will make people want to get their items and never come back. Which most people do already because they don't need gear from VoA.
    2 frost badges, i don't know about your server but primordial saronite runs at about 1500g on my server.

I love the idea, i run VoA 10 and 25 every week and DK dps gear always manages to drop on Archavon, I have never seen Toravon, Koralon or Emalon drop a piece of DK dps gear whilst i have been in the raid on my DK.

This would save alot of wasted gear, For example last week Sanctified T10 retadin legs dropped and we have any Retadins