Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where you more excited for Wotlk or Cat?

Just curious, was there more hype about wotlk or cat in general? I know im much more pumped up for Cataclysm then i was for Wotlk. How about You?

Re: Where you more excited for Wotlk or Cat?

i was VERY excited for wotlk and i wasnt dissapointed from it despite what most people say.
    but i think i am a little bit more excited about cataclysm it just changes everything

I don't know really, I can't exactly remember how eager I was for WotLK to come out, because it's almost 2 years ago now.

Cata, easily.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm a lot more excited for Cataclysm.
    First of all, I stopped playing WoW like a year before WotLK came out, and overall the upcoming changes seem a lot more promising compared to WotLK.
    Can't wait to explore the new old world.
    What is worth fighting for?

Trying not to build my hopes up as high as they were for Wotlk, since from the time I hit Dragonblight those hopes were shattered.
    Heck, I even stopped playing for a while before I hit 80 because I was so bored with the leveling. (Which is a first for any game I've played)

Going to give Cata a try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow
    I'm a lot more excited for Cataclysm.
    First of all, I stopped playing WoW like a year before WotLK came out, and overall the upcoming changes seem a lot more promising compared to WotLK.
    Can't wait to explore the new old world.
    New dances looked promising too...right?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I think i would have to go with WOTLK,but only cuz of my guild and friends,I mean team is half of the game....

But now,with returning to old continent It should be petty sweet,but it's gonna be sweet for a few months,like always

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    New dances looked promising too...right?
    Not really.

Wrath for me. At 70 I was a druid, so naturally I was resto / feraltank offspec. When the patch before Wrath came out and Boomkin became viable, I was #2 DPS on our Illidan kill that week, and couldn't wait to get into Northrend. Also, I was still in college, so I was able to dedicate an unhealthy amount of time to the game upon release. Knowing it was coming out, I was able to plan for it ahead of time, had my days off, and my mini-fridge stocked

Though I'm not purchasing Cata due to RL circumstances, I wouldn't be as excited about it because of the lack of amount of time I have to play. I suppose I could take a whole week off work, but knowing I won't be diminishes the excitement. I've tried not to think about Cata as much as possible because of this, so I'm biased.

I'm always interested in the expansions though, and experiencing the numerous changes to the game on at least 3 characters. The excitement is probabaly the same, and I wouldn't be able to judge which was funner, obviously until I'd gone through the experience.

I was still pretty much a newb when Wrath came out, didn't know about mmo-champion or any details of it at all apart from what a friend told me, so was hardly hyped at all. However, it has more than met my expectiations, with a brilliant dynamic continent, and much more variety in quests. eg Vehicle qs

For cata I am very excited though, because I know whats coming in advance.

Trying not to build my hopes up as high as they were for Wotlk, since from the time I hit Dragonblight those hopes were shattered.
    Heck, I even stopped playing for a while before I hit 80 because I was so bored with the leveling. (Which is a first for any game I've played)
    Sure it was WotLK and not that you've leveled so much before? I find WoTLK leveling the funnest of all the continents.

I think it best to not get your hopes up. And that goes for wow expansions, movies other games etc. Because if you expect to much you will be disappointed. If you just look forward to it but keep your cool then your experience will probably be much more fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple

Going to give Cata a try though.
    did exactly the same thing at 75 i think it was, started playing again around the start of 3.2.

definatley looking forward to cata more than i was for WotLK although i want to kill arthas more than deathwing

TOUGH call. Wrath was really all about "Ooooh, Death Knights and all raids getting a 10 man version!" for me. Cata, while I am going "Ooooh, worgen!" I'm interested in the content revamp too.

Gonna have to go Cata.

Cataclysm makes me want to play wow.

Wotlk I was beyond excited to get my DK and finally kill the LK.

Cataclysm it's between Worgens, Goblins, and flying in Azeroth.

Can't decide though @_@

I was REALLY excited for new dances with LK. then they didn't make them. again.

So I'd have to say I'm more excited for Cat

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by agelos
    i was VERY excited for wotlk and i wasnt dissapointed from it despite what most people say.
    but i think i am a little bit more excited about cataclysm it just changes everything
    This, pretty much.

ToC was a disappointment however.

Cataclysm, when WotLK was announced I wasn't really interested in lore, I just played the game, but now I know a lot more about the lore and my favorite zone is getting flowers...

While I was really pumped for WotLK, I'd have to say Cata. This would be due to the world being broken and more importantly Grim Batol finally being used.

QQ canoe now boarding, good seats going fast!!!