Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ICC Raid Weekly - Rotface/Festergut

Is this weekly quest as exclusive as everybody presumes, or is there a way you can get your previous strain of blight back even if you wiped?
    In my opinion, the weekly is too difficult to be fair for most raid groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

Re: ICC Raid Weekly - Rotface/Festergut

I don't think these quests are meant to be as easy. The Blood Queen one is certainly a stretch for most groups probably. I think everyone who got the Frost Giant one the first week was lead into a false sense of "hey, 5 free badges every week."
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deathwhisper is easy as well if you have half a brain, but yes, I think they're meant to be challenging.

Should be quite easy. Our guild's 1 raid once a week did that quest this week and it was easy (one-shot both). You need to get one of your raid members infected during the encounter (Rotface). You get 30min non-dispellable debuff that you can not get after Rotface is killed. Since Rotface is really about how retarded people are in your raid, it should be done first. If Festergut has been done before, it shouldn't give any problems now. It's just a tank'n'spank dps race. If you're going to wipe, have one of the infected raid members survive the wipe so debuff won't drop. You prolly don't have much time left on timer (15-20min) so do a quick buff and go praying everyone does their best and know how to play their class.

Deleted

That one is so much easier than killing BQ within 30 minutes from the moment you step into the Crimson Halls seeing that it's still not uncommon to wipe at least once in there.

But to help you, you only need one person to have the strain for the entire raid to get it completed. So make sure you have a DI-target on Festergut and do Rotface first.

It's not difficult considering you do not have to finish the fights without wiping.
    Do the first fight of your choice and get the debuff on the players.Then,go to the second fight and when people get their second debuff either reset the encounter or have people use their abilities while the rest die (Mages Invisibility , Rogues CoS or Vanish).Wait for people to get back to the quest giver and have 1 person who has both debuffs deliver the quest.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordhbane
    But to help you, you only need one person to have the strain for the entire raid to get it completed. So make sure you have a DI-target on Festergut and do Rotface first.
    DI removes the debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz
    I don't think these quests are meant to be as easy. The Blood Queen one is certainly a stretch for most groups probably. I think everyone who got the Frost Giant one the first week was lead into a false sense of "hey, 5 free badges every week."
    Yeah, we got that Frost Giant one on the first week and we were really surprised. Took us two wipes to form a good tactic, token ring kind of (IT guys should know what I mean), and it was really easy. Used it also in a icc25 pug with no wipes on it.

just have a hunter fd? or did they fix that
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus
    just have a hunter fd? or did they fix that
    We went and beat Festergut last night. We all had the blight. We wiped on rotface, but our Hunter did FD and he had both blights. So we were able to complete the quest. And this was just last night, so it appears that it still works.

here is how we did this one.

kill festergut.
    go do rotface and wait for the first slime spray so everyone gets the debuff.

we had a hunter then run to the door and FD. - he got targeted by mutated infection before everyone could die.

luckily we had a druid smart enough to run over to the door and shadow meld and it worked.

we decided on festergut first because we weren't sure how the raid aoe would affect people trying to shadow meld or FD
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, so explain this carefully for me.

1) As long as one person in the raid has both diseases, the entire raid will be able to finish the quest?
    2) You don't actually have to kill the bosses. If you can get the diseases on one person, and reset both encounters, and assuming the person can get both diseases, #1 should be in effect?
    3) What spells remove the disease? I know bubble, DI, and Iceblock do. Does cloak of shadows or any other abilities remove the diseases?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Tank
    Rogue
    Paladin

they go in take the first spray

rogue goes to door and vanishes

Paladin DIs the tank

hand in

Then one shot rotface :P

that's what we normally do
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

I actually think this is one of the easier ones. The first week in my 10man group we got the blood queen quest and we had never even attempted the blood queen before.. we did get the kill but it took longer than 30mins so we failed the quest.

Rotface/festergut are pretty easy imo, they've been out for a while now so I think most people should have a decent idea of how they work by now. I know in my 10man groups we often 1 shot them both, but in 25man it's more of a challenge (although I can definately see us getting it providing we take rotface first).

another way to do this is to let a lock go in with a tank orso, let him teleport outside with the buff and let the boss reset on both bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    this isn't a troll. the OP is maybe 9. If we're lucky.
    The following applies to AV!
    Quote Originally Posted by gehennaspawn
    Acid Bath > Win > Loss > 40 minute turtle > Jonas brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Is this weekly quest as exclusive as everybody presumes, or is there a way you can get your previous strain of blight back even if you wiped?
    In my opinion, the weekly is too difficult to be fair for most raid groups.
    This is going to sound more rude than it's really meant to, but here goes: At what point were you or anyone promised that every encounter and quest would be perfectly fair to everyone raid group regardless of skill, gear, schedule, etc?

Some of the raid weeklys are easy, some are harder. If you were to get the Sindragrossa one and haven't gotten to her yet, would you say that it isn't fair to have her be the raid weekly before your group is at that progression point? Basically I'm saying I understand frustration at not being able to succeed at something, but I find this complaint to be a silly one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Ok, so explain this carefully for me.

1) As long as one person in the raid has both diseases, the entire raid will be able to finish the quest?
    2) You don't actually have to kill the bosses. If you can get the diseases on one person, and reset both encounters, and assuming the person can get both diseases, #1 should be in effect?
    3) What spells remove the disease? I know bubble, DI, and Iceblock do. Does cloak of shadows or any other abilities remove the diseases?
    1) Yes. We doubted it as well. But as soon as the 1 person with the blights turned it in, we all got credit and were able to turn it in.
    2) Yes.
    3) I assume any ability that removes harmful spell effects will remove it. Including Cloak of Shadows. Simple invisibility or Feign Death don't remove it because they do not remove any spell effects.

1 tank
    1 healer
    1 lock (2 if you wanna be safe)

Locks use that portal thing outside the bosses room. Engage, when the lock get the debuff, he ports out, and the tank and healer reset the fight.
    Repeat with the other ugly.
    Turn in
    ??
    Profit

Deleted

the only one there is hard or at least i haven't tried to do is Sindragosa and that not even that hard after the nerf on 10man. i mean if you can kill those bosses it should be pretty easy and i don't think blizz would make 5 emblems "completly free" anyway if you can't do or have a very hard way doing it, don't try.

easiest way is having a hunter or a lock to reset the encounter. gl

Just kill rotface first as it's the easy fight to wipe to then go destroy festergut.
    Anything else is far too complicated.

Indeed by far the easiest way to do this is have a healer stay outside the door, and a lock.

1) group pull boss and proceed until the lock has the debuff, (spore or slime spray).

2) Lock ports out, healer outside with him to protect from sickness / other dots.

3) they run away while the rest of the group wipes.

4) repeat for 2nd boss

5) ???

6) Profit.