Stale talents finally get revamp in Cataclysm?

I feel World of Warcraft is becoming stale. Every build has a cookie cutter and if you're not following a set way you're not optimised and thus a loser. Blizzard has said they want to change all this for Cataclysm and give players "more interesting options" and decisions. I really hope they are.

Vanilla was a tragedy when it came to talents and itemisation. While I was farming the old vanilla dungeons a few weeks back I noticed how the itemisation was FAR and BEYOND the worst joke ever. They weren't much better in Outland.

People had a lot to complain about in Wotlk; "everything is so easy", "raids are so easy", "classes are easy" and so on but not many complained about the itemisation so maybe they've learned something. Maybe in Cataclysm we'll have more options, more interesting options and hopefully everyone will not run around looking the same having the exact same talents. Those are the signs, in my opinion, of a game going downhill more than anything else.

TLDR; Too bad for you. You really should.

Re: Stale talents finally get revamp in Cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    Vanilla was a tragedy when it came to talents and itemisation. While I was farming the old vanilla dungeons a few weeks back I noticed how the itemisation was FAR and BEYOND the worst joke ever.
    SPIRIT ON WARRIOR GEAR LOL!

yeah, I get what yur saying. Though I keep wondering what won't count as "stale" to them.

Quote Originally Posted by UraRenge
    Though I keep wondering what won't count as "stale" to them.
    It's quite clear that Ghostcrawler and his team have a different view of "interesting options" than the rest of us. Most of the time I think they're doing a fantastic job but I can't help to think they sometimes are painting themselves into a corner, only to create a "shock solution" (like a heavy class nerf etc) that upsets the community.

The next shock solution will probably be around the gear we receive in Cataclysm. They've already mentioned several times they're going to make the stats easier and it's not to "dumb down" anything. It's their way of saying they've screwed up for so long it has to be addressed at last.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    It's quite clear that Ghostcrawler and his team have a different view of "interesting options" than the rest of us. Most of the time I think they're doing a fantastic job but I can't help to think they sometimes are painting themselves into a corner, only to create a "shock solution" (like a heavy class nerf etc) that upsets the community.

The next shock solution will probably be around the gear we receive in Cataclysm. They've already mentioned several times they're going to make the stats easier and it's not to "dumb down" anything. It's their way of saying they've screwed up for so long it has to be addressed at last.
    While I agree to some extent, look at it this way: The shock solutions do solve the problems . And most of the people who complain about class nerfs likely FOTM'd that class anwyays.