Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prot Warrior - Please Rate

Hey all!
    I would like if some of you took a look at my prot warrior and comment about spec gems etc. and if you think that i have to change anything.
    And if it would be a good idea for me to spec prot in my OS too.
    Thx!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Whitedemon
    WoW-heroes:
    Gear:2875
    All: 3010
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Re: Prot Warrior - Please Rate

Im not good at specs but I cant really find anything bad about the gear except for your weapon enchant, Get blood draining or something, freaking cheep mongoose enchant

Saronite Bomb: Use: Inflicts 1150 to 1500 Fire damage to targets in a 10 yard radius. This explosive is powerful enough to cause moderate siege damage. (1 Min Cooldown) If used against the Lich King, can cause ban. (72h cooldown)

This should probably be moved to the warrior forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Poonboy
    Im not good at specs but I cant really find anything bad about the gear except for your weapon enchant, Get blood draining or something, freaking cheep mongoose enchant
    I've been thinking about that too, but when it comes to all im a stingy motherfucker >.<
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonboy
    Mongoose is actually still a higher end enchant as it has a massive uptime. It provides agi which gives armor, dodge, and crit, which is more threat and EH for the time being. It also provides a haste buff, but that is essentially useless.

As for the OP, Your spec is fine, however your hit and expertise are quite low, if you raise those up to cap, you can drop your armsman enchant and get an stam patch which nets you 18 stam or about 192 health. Also, your gear socket bonuses of +9 or +12 stam you want to gem to get those.

-Edit-
    As for an off spec as prot, unless your guild uses all warrior tanks, and you lack some major multi target tanks, you really dont need another tank spec as the other option sends you down the fury tree to get imp cleave. But, it's your character, spec him how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erriq
    Mongoose is actually still a higher end enchant as it has a massive uptime. It provides agi which gives armor, dodge, and crit, which is more threat and EH for the time being. It also provides a haste buff, but that is essentially useless.

As for the OP, Your spec is fine, however your hit and expertise are quite low, if you raise those up to cap, you can drop your armsman enchant and get an stam patch which nets you 18 stam or about 192 health. Also, your gear socket bonuses of +9 or +12 stam you want to gem to get those.

-Edit-
    As for an off spec as prot, unless your guild uses all warrior tanks, and you lack some major multi target tanks, you really dont need another tank spec as the other option sends you down the fury tree to get imp cleave. But, it's your character, spec him how you like it.
    Yea, I have some probs with the hit and exp :/ and i dont really want to socket for it, but there isnt really any other ways than enchant or socket to get capped. But, i havent got any probs with holding aggro or anything yet and i hopefully wont get, but i'll try to get capped and look at the socket bonus.
    ty (:

-Edit-
    Shut i try to get dodge/Agi + 15 stam if possible? and what gives best?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wqaz
    I've been thinking about that too, but when it comes to all im a stingy motherfucker >.<
    Keep mongoose!!

It's just as good as blood ward, if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Keep mongoose!!

It's just as good as blood ward, if not better.
    I'm planning getting blade ward when i get a new wep, is that a good or bad idea?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

15+ Year Old Account

Bad.

Blade ward is generally a bad idea, while it does give avoidance, it gives parry. On top of that the uptime is fairly bad.

dodge/stam gives pure avoidance and health
    agi/stam give avoidance, armor, and health.

As for other ways, sometimes you cant always use the gear with the highest item level.
    Last night i just got a new 264 healm with a ton of hit, however i lose 8expertise (I'm using the triumph badge helm) when i swap them out. The item is a direct upgrade, but untill I either get my tier pants, or the badge chest. I cannot use the helm as I'll drop to 16 expertise, and I have some real aggro whores in my guild.
    If you were to get the crafted ICC boots made, and pick up the Triumph badge helm you would still be lacking on hit, but your expertise would be fine then. You can make up lost hit with either hit food, or a dranei in your group.

Bad.

Blade ward is generally a bad idea, while it does give avoidance, it gives parry. On top of that the uptime is fairly bad.
    Parry isnt bad, well before DR it isnt. Parry just scales down faster after DR hits. True though, Blade ward isnt the greatest, i had tested it and i can say that i've never really seen more than 3 stacks of the possible 5. While it sounds appealing for ICC since parry will be your greater avoidance I still doubt it would proc enough to be substantial enough an enchant. The extra damage though is a bit of a threat and dps boost.

15+ Year Old Account

Parry isnt bad, well before DR it isnt. Parry just scales down faster after DR hits.
    Hence the general rule that gemming/enchanting parry is bad.

Bad.

What would you pref. using as warr tank then?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

dodge/stam gives pure avoidance and health
    agi/stam give avoidance, armor, and health.

As for other ways, sometimes you cant always use the gear with the highest item level.
    Last night i just got a new 264 healm with a ton of hit, however i lose 8expertise (I'm using the triumph badge helm) when i swap them out. The item is a direct upgrade, but untill I either get my tier pants, or the badge chest. I cannot use the helm as I'll drop to 16 expertise, and I have some real aggro whores in my guild.
    If you were to get the crafted ICC boots made, and pick up the Triumph badge helm you would still be lacking on hit, but your expertise would be fine then. You can make up lost hit with either hit food, or a dranei in your group.
    I'll keep that in mind, and try to get some money and/or mats for the boots :b
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

15+ Year Old Account

Bad.

I already said, Mongoose.

If you go on the warrior forums here, you'll get the same answer :P

I already said, Mongoose.

If you go on the warrior forums here, you'll get the same answer :P
    kk, ty (:
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Stick with mongoose.

You may consider percision if you are low on hit though.

Personally I dont see the point for such a tiny buff and I tank with Unholy.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Very nice... just wanted to add that Tuskarr's enchant to the feet and armor to the back are possibilities you might want to consider.
    Also wanted to point out that your gear has VERY high amounts of parry (as a component of your total avoidance), so you're diminishing returns on those are gonna be much higher than your ones for dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by supa
    Very nice... just wanted to add that Tuskarr's enchant to the feet and armor to the back are possibilities you might want to consider.
    Also wanted to point out that your gear has VERY high amounts of parry (as a component of your total avoidance), so you're diminishing returns on those are gonna be much higher than your ones for dodge.
    i'll look at the enchants (:
    and yea, my parry is very high :/ i wan't more dodge. :s
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Pretty much been said all:
    - Stay with mongoose
    - 15 stam + movespeed on boots
    - Armor on cloak

Last 2 are advised, but optional.
    You COULD get the hodir shoulder enchant, 20 def on shield and gem for 9+ stam socket bonuses, but those all come at the cost of health and if you don't want to lose any, don't do it :P