Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Overwriting your dot at beginning and end of Blust?

Quote Originally Posted by carenard
    meh the gcd for casting vt is over b4 it even goes off, so I only consider it 1
    Did you just say that? really....

Quote Originally Posted by Serenityx
    Did you just say that? really....
    thats how it appears when casting it, that or vt simply doesnt create a gcd, im not a pro at this gcd crap, i can tell when i can and cant cast a spell and how things work for ME

thats how it appears when casting it, that or vt simply doesnt create a gcd, im not a pro at this gcd crap, i can tell when i can and cant cast a spell and how things work for ME
    The GCD begins the instant* your spell begins casting and lasts 1.5 seconds (modified by haste to a minimum of 1s) after that. So you're correct; the GCD incurred by casting VT is eaten by the VT cast itself. By the time it lands, your GCD is up and you can instantly cast DP again.

It's still two GCDs either way though, which I'm sure is what he's complaining about.

(* With words like "instant" we hopefully understand that it can be affected by server conditions, connect, etc.)

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me the sort of rubbish people go on with in these forums....

Every the ability in the game causes a GCD, except for those specifically off the GCD, like interrupts and CD abilites like Beserking, Blood Fury etc...

I cant' think of a single damaging spell ability that would be off the GCD... if there was no GCD you could literally cast every non CD instant you had all at once an infinite amount of times limited by your mana pool.

@Worshaka

Hurricane was off the GCD in WotLK beta. So 10 druids with a macro consisting of 100 odd lines saying /cast Hurricane, and bam! one-shotting all bosses in Naxxramas

I personally dont bother, spamming MF as hard as possible with 4pc during hero is hard enough....

On the other end of the scale.
    Make sure you never apply dots if u get Malleable Goo on Putricide, Longer duration somehow makes them a more powerful spell and cannot be overwritten....

<insert comment about only noobs being hit by Mallable Goo>