Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Frost Lotus Drop Rate

WOW higher drop rate on frost lotus...which means every man and his dog will be out farming and ninjaing herbs. flasks will go down in price... say goodbye to making money herb/elixier masters
    Freindship is like peeing yourself, Others can see it but only you get the warmth that it brings.
    ______

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Spooked

Re: New Frost Lotus Drop Rate

i can easily get 3-4 per hour in sholezar basin thats 2 flasks often with my elixier master proc
    Freindship is like peeing yourself, Others can see it but only you get the warmth that it brings.
    ______

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Spooked

yay, no more farming for me !
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

I don't think elixirs will drop in price much or at all but jeez, 50% inscreased drop rate? On a lucky day I can get like 10+ in a few hours. :P

I think the time for making money has come to a close for Wrath... Uncut gems are selling for the same price if not more than cuts atm. With tier 9 taking the effort of a fucking ADD 12 year old that forgot to take his ritalin to get, the amount of people getting craftables has plummeted. Now alchemy will be regularized so there is a very small area for profit. Glyphs still sell a bit, but on my server at least there are just too many people running that market that it's too late to get into that game. So here's to my end of the cash flow, and preparing for making an astronomical amount of money at the beginning of cataclysm!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    On my server frost lotus is nearly 70g and flasks are less than 40, so clearly there is a shortage.
    This ^^

This is exactly how it is on my server. Frost Lotus has become ridiculously expensive, this was a good move.

15+ Year Old Account

i've put up 15 of those sitting in my bank. Used to sell them for about 50g a few months back. Now they are 90-100g/
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

A 50% increase on the drop rate that already exists, gogo still extremely low drop rate. Things wont change that much except for a week or so when everyone thinks that farming them is a good idea.

you guys have it easy, one FL goes for 120g on my server, and 50% of the time they're sold in stacks of 5-10; weeks worth of rage pots costs almost 1k ftl
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

As someone who has an herbalist, I'm happy to see the drop rate increased. My luck in finding them is very inconsistent. I'll find 4 or 5 one day but then go weeks without any.

As of yesterday, the prices on my server were ranging from 55g apiece to 75g apiece ... the 55g was merely one person trying to drive the price back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    On my server frost lotus is nearly 70g and flasks are less than 40, so clearly there is a shortage.
    You do know... that 1 lotus makes 2 flasks? The like... VERY few VERY common herbs it takes to make a flask take up like... 5-10 gold... at least on my server... lichbloom are 23ish and icethorn like 18.

So.. saying "FROST LOTUS ARE MORE DAN FLASK" is pretty inaccurate.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Deleted

you think the Disenchant roll in dungeons was so great for all us enchanters out there? just accept it 50% increased droprate on what 5% that just means it 7.5% instead. they might drop like 5g in price I feel so sorry for you. :P

No herbalist should be happy. They have FURTHER ruined our money making potential. Why try to fix that which isnt broken. If you whine about Frost Lotus prices, go level herbalism and farm it. More JC rerollers soon! WHats next, Buff prospecting for titanium because gems are too high in price? Seriously, i hope blizzard have read a book about an economy and realise how stupid changes like this are;/
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyneste/Leo
    No herbalist should be happy. They have FURTHER ruined our money making potential. Why try to fix that which isnt broken. If you whine about Frost Lotus prices, go level herbalism and farm it. More JC rerollers soon! WHats next, Buff prospecting for titanium because gems are too high in price? Seriously, i hope blizzard have read a book about an economy and realise how stupid changes like this are;/
    Ladies and gentlemen! We got him! We found our herbalist!

This was needed imo, blizzard have not "ruined" any herbalist's moeny making potential. The 50% increased drop rates is so small it won't be noticable, an extra 2% is nothing.

WHats next, Buff prospecting for titanium because gems are too high in price?
    There are people who actually get epic gems from titanium?

Please Blizzard, DO buff Titanium prospecting so it doesn't feel like a complete and utter waste.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

cause (on my server) 2 flask cost 70-80g and a frost lotus is 75-90g (depending on what day of the week) which makes them not worth buying for the stat gain you get. most (and by most I mean all but like 3 people) don't flask in raid anymore due to the cost of flasks compared to stat gain and those that do flask are the herb/alch and most of the time they dont flask cuase they sell them.

no one in the gorup is poor or anything, just no one is going to spend almost 100g for 2 hours of 180 more ap (which translate into a somewhat small dps gain, on my ret pally its not even 300dps and our mut rogue doesn't even notice a difference in his dps when he is compared to non flasked) or 45 mp5 or 125 sp. the fact is with current gearing, the stat gain from the flask isnt a big enough boost in performance to warrant the price seen on 95% of all servers which is why blizz is increasing the drop rate, not because "ZOMG HERBZ MAKEIN TWO MUCH MONEYZ!!!" or something

edit: I also agree with buffing titanium prospecting, as it is its more profitable/useful for me to smelt any titanium I get rather than prospect it (pally is a jc/engineer and I have a lvl 80 alt with 450 mining) as I've gone through 10 stacks of titanium ore before (40 prospects) and not gotten a single epic gem which I could have smelted and sold/used for better things than the 15 dark jade I got.

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    There are people who actually get epic gems from titanium?

Please Blizzard, DO buff Titanium prospecting so it doesn't feel like a complete and utter waste.
    On my server, prospecting titanium is pretty much always within +/-5% of breaking even, which is exactly where you'd expect it to be. Usually it's the only "reliable" way to get raw cardinal rubies, and you get JC tokens as a plus :).

How stupid can ppl be... How the hell increasing droprate will destroy ure profit? i mean if i go farm and find one lotus i make 2 flasks and sell them both for lets say 100 g next day with increased drop rate i found 2 lotus and make 4 flasks sell them also 100 g coz of increased drop rate, show me where the hell is ure loss beside that more ppl can afford them as price falls from 50g/ per one to 25 g

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked
    WOW higher drop rate on frost lotus
    Not being a smarta$$ here, but where is this source at?