Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Battleground and Honor Changes on the Horizon

# Winning a Battleground using the Random Battleground option for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
    30 HKs' honor as in 30*62? Now that they increased it, it's 30*124 honor which equals 3700ish honor for daily BG and additional 3700ish honor for call of arms?

Excellent.

If they are removing the marks system....are we allowed to turn in each mark individually or do we need to farm so we have exactly the same amount of each mark to be able to turn all of them in? (since at the moment you need 1 of each for the quest)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer15
    # Winning a Battleground using the Random Battleground option for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
    30 HKs' honor as in 30*62? Now that they increased it, it's 30*124 honor which equals 3700ish honor for daily BG and additional 3700ish honor for call of arms?
    They also wrote you won't get both bonuses the same day, you choose either one of them

nope, see the part where you only get one or the other, not both in the same day. after you get the 30, each one after that gives 15.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dumsnut
    Why won't there be an extra award for using random BG? You get 2 extra emblems from random HC. What the fuck is that about?
    Why would I use the random BG queue then when I can just choose the one I Like to play.

My God. Stupid changes are stupid.
    From the Blue post you were replying to:
    o Winning a Battleground using the Random Battleground option for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
    o Winning additional Battlegrounds using the Random Battleground option after the first random win will award players with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
    o Losing a Battleground using the Random Battleground option will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
    o When using the Random Battleground option, players will not receive additional rewards if the Battleground chosen is under the effects of the Call to Arms bonuses. In other words, the bonuses do not stack. In addition, if a player has been rewarded 30 Honorable Kills worth of bonus Honor currency from either the Random Battleground system, or the Call to Arms Battleground, he or she will be rewarded 15 Honorable Kills worth of bonus Honor currency that day for each additional victory. This applies whether the Random Battleground system is used, or the Call to Arms Battleground is chosen specifically, as a player cannot be rewarded the full amount of bonus Honor more than once per day.

10+ Year Old Account

Why won't there be an extra award for using random BG? You get 2 extra emblems from random HC. What the fuck is that about?
    Why would I use the random BG queue then when I can just choose the one I Like to play.

"■Winning additional Battlegrounds using the Random Battleground option after the first random win will award players with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency."

All in all I like this - finally something to queue for while farming as I HATE random heroics now. One a day is pretty much all I can stand aside from the 3 new ICC H's for battered hilt but not so much HOR because people still fail badly at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Nope. Read more. You cant get both bonuses from "Call to arms" and "Random BG" in one day. If you won random bg and then signed for CtA bg, and win it, you'll get 15HKs, not 30.
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

we'll also be increasing the amount of Honor awarded for an Honorable Kill by 100%
    Wont this mean that ppl will be even more "stuck" in midfield, farming honor and screw1ng the objectives (i.e. radical stuff like capping flags and defending a spot and such)... I mean, it's bad NOW, imagine with 100% more honor for mindless midfield-farming?

I do hope I completely misunderstood this, else 90% of all BGs will be one team farming the other, .. . fun... not!

oh ib4 "but it's DR on honor stupidhead!!".. yeah it is, but how many of the stupid midfield-farmers understand that?!

So... You expect to get rewarded for being shit at PvP?

Get the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutebutdeadly
    Yay, so losers are screwed over again.

seroiusly... 5 versus 30?

That's a even worse rip off than 3 to 1 mark.

Grats horde, you'll be getting, 5 times the amount of honor we will be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    Yet the stupid rep grinds still remain...
    Rep Grind is fine, just takes a while.

seroiusly... 5 versus 30?

That's a even worse rip off than 3 to 1 mark.

Grats horde, you'll be getting, 5 times the amount of honor we will be getting.
    HAY GUYZ I LOST AND U GOT MORE THAN ME CUZ U WON BUT ITS NOT FAIR CUZ I WANT THE SAME CUZ UR GUDER.

God your argument is horrible. Protip, Q with others and stop complaining.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

i really like these small changes, imo its a step in the right direction for pvp, its small step, but its something at least.
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Great! Now they're making killing each other instead of objectives more powerful for the retards. We'll....i wont pvp till rated bg's still, good try blizzard.

Can you read?

losers are supposed to be screwed. that's why they're called losers.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Translation: There used to be some pvp around, then random heroics were introduced, pretty much making most battlegrounds desolate and empty. In an effort to please everyone, we're getting rid of that piece of shit mark system and adding more honor overall.

Thank god.

So far it sounds nice but, random battleground? I dunno, i'm already imagining half the team leaving because they got thrown into Strand of the Ancients or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    Can you read?
    Lul, I read the like 6 other replies before you. Don't have to rub it in my face. Just some heavy misinterpretation on my part. I'm seriously tired and have not have eaten about half a day worth of food in 3 days.

Thanks for the serious replies that clarified my mistake.

This is a good change and will hopefully mean people will be running BGs for honor rather than the stupid AFK for marks or blitz in AV rather than playing it how it should be. Of course, we might still get AFKers in the BGs that offer good honor, but I can deal with that.

@ Dumsnut

The reason to do the random BG is for extra honor. The badges are needed for the random dungeon because that's how you get gear, but you only really need honor. I do think they should combine the BG daily with it, so the first random win will give you the 25 Arena points (akin to getting frost emblems) and additional ones will just give honor, but I think it's a lot better than the current version where people pretty much only do BGs for marks.

@ Doctadrew

I think Strand is fine, in theory, the problem is, it's not implemented the way it should be because, if the attackers don't make it, their option is a tie or a loss, and so often people leave or AFK and so the defenders basically win in a situation that very well could have been a tie. Really, what the hell is a tie in a battleground? What if one team is right on the brink of breaking into the relic when they run out of time and the other team can't get off the beach in the same amount of time? There is supposed to be a winner. At least have some way of breaking the tie. Or simply redesign so you don't do both, you only attack or defend, and if the attackers breech, they win, if they don't, defenders win. Obviously, add some things to make it interesting like ways to add/remove time from the clock, buff yourselfs/debuff your opponents, etc.

Heh, getting rid of the marks is a good change. Considering the honor gear no longer needs them, they really are useless except for handing in - in order to get additional honor or the pvp mounts (though i got them all a long time ago...).

I can't be the only one thinking that that there isn't really any changes here or additions (random bg) that really enhances the overall experience of battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe
    It doesnt mention about the arena points gained through BG's will they remain or not =/
    You get the 25 arena points from doing the BG daily quest and that hasn't been changed at all.

Probably been answered, i just hit reply and it says there are 15 replies lmao.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

WoW has truly entered the age of welfare. Now every crappy player can walk around in full tier 9, or full PvP gear.

Right because breaking 1800 makes me terrible right?

According to online... it is so easy to break 1800, and I agree.
    However, just because I'm somewhat decent in the bg. I still have some fucking idiots dual wield frost dk trying to kill a relentless warrior (instead of a healer... who is also relentless + geared)

Even if I ahve arena gear, the horde significantly is more pvp geared than alliance, just look at how many horde arena teams.
    I loled a bit inside, do you really think every battle group is as bad as yours?