New to Arena, suggestions?

A good friend and I are going to start an Arena team together as a mage and disc priest. Is 2v2 worth it anymore? I know you can't get the top gear with 2v2 ratings.
    Also at this point in WotLK, should we be in full furious gear or something before even bothering with arena? He has 500 resil I believe and in my mix of pvp stuff I have 660 resil.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang
    so kids just ninja, the friendships are temporary mounts are forever.

Deleted

Re: New to Arena, suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by MageJuice
    A good friend and I are going to start an Arena team together as a mage and disc priest. Is 2v2 worth it anymore? I know you can't get the top gear with 2v2 ratings.
    Also at this point in WotLK, should we be in full furious gear or something before even bothering with arena? He has 500 resil I believe and in my mix of pvp stuff I have 660 resil.

I'm not trying to be a dick by saying this. But don't read into it too much, just play with your friend and have some fun. Rating is there for a reason, if you play well you go up, if you don'y play well you play people your level (ish to both).

Just play and gradually get better and learn from experience. You will get the most enjoyment out of just going in and messing around.

I'm not a huge PVPer so I can't give any PVP tips, but I can admit that I'm also not as good as most (Mearly because I don't play a lot). But when I do play its nice to just have a laugh with your mate instead of getting too serious about it all (Unless you want to ofcorse)

Imho i'd stick with what clampy said. I didn't start with a friends i started with a guildy who just wanted 10 games for fun and points eventually we became really good friends and we had a laugh in arena over vent. gradually we got better learning from our mistakes and i reached 1800 personal rating but the team was 1600 (he would invite randomers and go on losing streaks ^^)

first thing is get ur priest ALOT more resil, he will need double that b4 he wont get owned by warriors

basic stuff get 5% hit, 130 spell resist, and gem haste for a mage

here is a strategy guide for arcane/priest:
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/strategy/2v2/AMag_Pri/

here is a link for top mages:
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/player/Mage/
    from there u can get to their armories and c their specs

2s is a great place to learn how to play, its alot slower than 3s and gives u many times to reset and try again ur lock outs/kill moves/control, 2s is not really worth going past 1900 with but i am 2200 just cuz playing with a friend is fun

priest need way more resilience to start being decent, 800~900 really minimum to start with imo

Quote Originally Posted by MageJuice

If you want to play serious arena later on (3v3,5v5) i suggest that playing some 2v2 will be good for you. 2v2 is still good if you are trying to gear up from furious to relentless or wrathful. You can still get the 1800 rating weps and all the wrathfull pieces except shoulder and 2200 weps so i dont see the reason why not to give it a try . Gl and hf
    As for your gear, i suggest you get 200 res more at minimum.