Curious about build.

Okay, so here's what I was thinking, and before you start flaming, take a deep breath, look out the window and maybe decide not to post.
    If you have something reasonable to say, I welcome it with open arms

I play a holy paladin. I've tried holy/ret builds and holy/prot builds, but it seems the common community agrees that holy light with tons of int is the way to go.

I'm wondering, what would happen if I stacked spell power gems and went for a flash of light build instead. I would've tried to use some sort of theorycrafting database, but I don't know of any that would allow me to test such a thing.

Does anybody have any experiences with a sp-flash of light build?

Re: Curious about build.

Depends on what you're running, FoL builds work perfectly fine, but HL is just plain better.

Compare it to a PC, say you get a PC free, You can get the 1500 dollar one(FoL build) and play WoW, or you can get the 3600 dollar gaming rig(HL Build).

Which would you want?

I know a holy pally that stacks sp and uses an FoL build and has downed 25 man Arthas. So I'd say that alone means it's just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    I know a holy pally that stacks sp and uses an FoL build and has downed 25 man Arthas. So I'd say that alone means it's just fine.
    This is why it depends on raid comp. It CAN be used, but it is inferior, simple as that.

Flash of Light isn't technically "bad" per se. It's inferior, but can still be okay if done properly. It's only really viable in normal modes, however. if you want to get into hard modes you are going to need to re-gem int and go for holy light spam because there is probably just no other way of dealing with that much damage.

Also: FoL is less frowned upon in a raid setting if you have another holy paladin, who spams HL.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

I think the holy pally in question has another holy pally in the guild that stacks int and uses a holy light build so in their case, it's actually ideal.

They are the best guild on my realm. I'm really not in any place to criticize what any member in that guild does.

Some good replies here guys, thanks a ton.. so let's say I'm a casual player and I like it that way. I've downed first 6 bosses in ICC (10/25) and usually just pug my raids. I'm unguilded and even though paladin is my main, I'm slightly bored and usually only do the usual weekly raids and some heroics.

Shouldn't be anything stopping me from trying a flash build, am I right?

Deleted

Fact is i doubt you will be able to keep up the tank (or the tanks) with a FoL build, in harder encounters or HM's.
    Of course you can try, maybe in a role more oriented on raid healing, but still.

(Anyway, FoL spec works a charm in HCs).

my 2 coppers.

in a casual setting your build and what spell you spam doesn't really matter.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

Yeah, I guess you're right.. I'm just curious as hell to see how my stats would turn out, but I'm kinda poor and wouldn't like to end up having to regem back to HL build immediately.. :P

Anyway, so far, thanks for the input everyone!