Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: People who do not buy cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite
    Actually phasing will be a big part of Cataclysm.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/w...preview-panel/

And to clarify because I think you're a little too quick on the reply button, they'll use phasing in the 80+ zones to stop those level 80s without the x-pack from seeing/enjoying x-pack content.
    Yeah but the new level 1-60 content won't be phased for the vanilla users. And instead of telling me I'm too quick on the reply button maybe you should clarify your posts before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmking
    Yeah but the new level 1-60 content won't be phased for the vanilla users. And instead of telling me I'm too quick on the reply button maybe you should clarify your posts before hand.
    Given that the entire thread is about the level 80+ content of Cataclysm, his post was quite clear. He never said anything about the 1-60 content. So, yes you were too quick with the reply button and fail at reading comprehension.

They are going to change the 1-60 content since the flow of lvling was worse than BC. I have a lvl 44 hunter and I am being bottleneck with my quests. Blizzard want to remove that bottleneck.

I think one of the way they are changing it is Phasing.

It does not means that the vanilla users need to buy all the exp to stay on the game. Vanilla will still be there just that the world has change, like they can see new races and everything. Blizzard said that Vanilla is gone forever and what you are playing is Cata. Those who do not buy BC-Cata just are not getting any of the 61-85, those lvl zone, new races, and new dungeons. Also they would not be able to fly.

Stop being cheap and upgrade your game.

By not allowing players to be phased into the new azeroth. Same technology used in Icecrown.

As silicon stated, this thread is about level 80+ content.

As a side note:

We'll see phased terrain in the new starting areas and don't be surprised to see phased regions during the levelling process. Especially given the strong hints in the FAQ.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

10+ Year Old Account

I imagine there will be some kind of phased gating for players who don't have the expansion
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.