shadow pvp dmg reduction question

i am trying to calculate how much dmg reduction my priest has in her pvp gear but so many things to add or multiply so does anyone know the answer?

i have 28.81% from armor 18.89% from resil and 15% from shadow form....

Re: shadow pvp dmg reduction question

Quote Originally Posted by angelest
    i am trying to calculate how much dmg reduction my priest has in her pvp gear but so many things to add or multiply so does anyone know the answer?

i have 28.81% from armor 18.89% from resil and 15% from shadow form....
    This is actually a good question... I never really studied the mechanics coz i'm not big on pvp... I understand at least back in BC that shadowform and armor didn't exactly stack but I forget exactly how it worked.

It would be good if someone could answer this question in detail as i'd be interested in learning how the mechanics work in detail.

Armor -> Resil -> Sform

Warrior hits u for 10k

Armor mitigates 20%, down to 8k.
    Resil knocks 25% off, down to 6k.
    Shadowform takes the last 15% off, you are down to a 5100 hit.

Warrior has arp so u can kiss that armor away anyway lol.

yeah armor only works on pure meleer's shouldnt do nothing for rogues envenom and enhance shammies and ret pallies/dk's .plus rogues , hunters and warriors already stack armor pen so yeah you could almost not rely on your armor mitigation 90% of the time, it's just your reseilience , bubble and 15% dmage reduction from shadow form

If as people say it's multiplicative in nature, as opposed to additive. Then to calculate your total damage reduction it would be:

(1-armor reduction)(1-resilience reduction)(1-shadow form reduction) = (1-reduction)

in your case

(1-.2881)*(1-.1889)*(1-.15)=(1-x)
    .7119*.8111*.85 = 1-x
    0.4908= 1-x
    x = 0.50919 or 50.919% damage reduction.

armor however is very unreliable with the ridiculous amounts of armor pen on many classes.
    Your damage reduction without any armor, just shadow form and resilience which can't be avoided would be:
    .8111*.85=1-x
    x= 31.0565% damage reduction with zero armor, and against spells.