Ele shaman trying to squeeze out more dps

I am a main raider in my guilds top 10 man icc group and 25 man group and I am looking for anywhere to squeeze out just a bit more dps. I will hit 7500+ on festergut and other such fights but trying to inch it a bit higher.

Here is my current gear and spec

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&cn=Cyoneiin

Will have 4 piece t10 by the end of this weekend, only need 33 more badges. Just looking to see if there is something I should change in my spec or specific gear I should be looking out for. My hope is to get DFO from rotface some point soon but with my luck ill lose the roll 9 times like I have so far on reign of the unliving.

Re: Ele shaman trying to squeeze out more dps

Something I do notice a lot of elemental shamans doing is gemming for +20 haste in yellow slots, but I believe that gemming Reckless Ametrine (SP/Haste) in yellow is way better, your two blue gems should be Sp/Stam or Sp/Mp5 really, then all Red/Blue slots be SP, and all Yellow slots be Sp/Haste.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

Well right now the blues are what they are so I can stay at hit cap. We dont have a boomkin or shadow priest raiding at the moment, so i have to stay at natural hit cap. The other gems I can play around with and see what happens I guess.

Understandable, on Horde I had to deal with the same thing, but now I have a lot more room to play around with, even in my ten man, but you shouldn't notice to much I think but the Reckless Ametrine should help out, I use a spec that has 3/3 Eye of the Storm, which hardly plays any part in DPS, but I have noticed a couple things in ICC barely knocking the spells back but then again that is pretty low-key for DPS I think.

Just the real thing that kills shaman in ICC is the movement, you gotta just get the movement down to a minimum, since I have the hit to play around with I got the Movement speed on Boots to help with that, but other than that I cant say i'm an expert being at about the same amount of DPS as yourself.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

don't gem pure haste and spec eye of the storm
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

make sure you're mashing your buttons enough too, install quartz etc...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless
    make sure you're mashing your buttons enough too
    SnowfallKeyPress helps. WoWInterface Link
    It's really "squeezing", but #1 that's what you're looking for #2 it works on every charachter .
    What it does is basically, activate a spell when you actually press the key, not when you let it go. Try it.
    Of course its benefit is greater for pvp in tight situations, but nevertheless it has helped many a poor caster time his spells better and (s)mash the poor buttons less

I would say sort those talent points out 1/5 reverb and 2/3 in enhancing totems :

also i would say your SP is low but haste and other stats seem fine.
    gem wise personal preferance id rather have the 12sp 15stam as shamans have still a low health pool(despite the 7% buff not too long ago) and theres alot of aoe going on in ICC, that little bit more survivability might be better than mp5, like we need mp5 :-\ dead dps dont dps!

and as said dont gem pure haste most certainly not with a jc only gem.
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    I would say sort those talent points out 1/5 reverb and 2/3 in enhancing totems :

also i would say your SP is low but haste and other stats seem fine.
    gem wise personal preferance id rather have the 12sp 15stam as shamans have still a low health pool(despite the 7% buff not too long ago) and theres alot of aoe going on in ICC, that little bit more survivability might be better than mp5, like we need mp5 :-\ dead dps dont dps!

and as said dont gem pure haste most certainly not with a jc only gem.
    The enhancing totems is there for 10 man as we dont have a dk and we are a bit melee heavy. Looks like regemming a few things seems to be one of the few places to make any improvements.

i would even try and use this spec because less dmg taken = less dying.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...d5RYF76,,11403
    reverberation.. never understood why to use this talent.

But one thin about your spec... you really should go for no pushback, it can and will lower your dps if not skilled.
    If you are tired of button mashing you might look for the autohotkey thread over at EJ.

In case you have a lock providing spellpower buff try and use searing. gives you let's say 5-10 percent more dmg.
    And really i wouldn't gem pure haste and your spirit cloak isnt the best cloak around for elemental

Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf
    i would even try and use this spec because less dmg taken = less dying.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...d5RYF76,,11403
    reverberation.. never understood why to use this talent.

But one thin about your spec... you really should go for no pushback, it can and will lower your dps if not skilled.
    If you are tired of button mashing you might look for the autohotkey thread over at EJ.

In case you have a lock providing spellpower buff try and use searing. gives you let's say 5-10 percent more dmg.
    And really i wouldn't gem pure haste and your spirit cloak isnt the best cloak around for elemental
    I know the cloak needs to be replaced, but the sp/haste/crit cloaks dont exist in the instances I run. Its a strange situation I should really talk to blizz about :P.

Reverb will get changed, thats left over from trying to get less-rabi when I went 5/5 in that, guess I forgot to change that last point.

As for the no pushback one... I go back and forth about that, there are fights where there is no raid damage to speak of where the talent would be useless. But I can at least put the point from reverb in there.

you are resto atm. So i cant comment on gear.

But drop mining and get something else. thats an easy 40 dps gain.
    and dont tell me u need mining. if you wanna min max, money is not an issue

from the comments above i understand u gem 20 haste in yellow sockets. easy comparing why reckless is better: 12 sp/10 haste *2 = 24 sp & 20 haste
    1 red + 1 yellow = 23 sp & 20 haste

as you know Spell power is our best stat. (in normal circumstances) and this way you can grab those socketbonusses
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mazrigos&n=Wannablast

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    SnowfallKeyPress helps. WoWInterface Link
    It's really "squeezing", but #1 that's what you're looking for #2 it works on every charachter .
    What it does is basically, activate a spell when you actually press the key, not when you let it go. Try it.
    Of course its benefit is greater for pvp in tight situations, but nevertheless it has helped many a poor caster time his spells better and (s)mash the poor buttons less
    that's a cool addon idea.

just to clarify, i didn't mean to 'smash' the keyboard or anything. ;D I just mean to not let latency rob you of dps. I was helping out an arcane mage with his target dummy dps once, I had him just spam AB for a while, then I told him to try another test run, and to actually just mash quickly on the AB button the entire time. His dps went up about 1k. Then I told him to install quartz and just mash the button like that at about the moment his cast is hitting the red. win!

Quote Originally Posted by bone123
    don't gem pure haste and spec eye of the storm
    This.

You have a really weird gemming setup. While that's not the entire story, it would net you a couple of extra SP just from rearranging gems. Remember that even though SP and Haste is usually 1:1, an SP gem gives 23 while SP/Haste gives 22. So a pure Red still comes out ahead by 1 point compared to Reckless and you should never be gemming pure Haste as Ele anyway.

Neck: use Veiled (net +12 SP)
    Chest: use Royal on blue, Reckless on yellow (net +10 SP, -24 haste)
    Belt: use 2x Runed on Red and prismatic, can fit a Dragon's Eye here (net +38 SP, -20 haste)
    Wep: Runed (+11 SP, -10 haste)
    Legs: Reckless on yellow (+12 SP - you already have Meta requirements)

So a total net of 83 SP while only losing 54 haste.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

You've got a ton of gearing problems. First you took the tier legs.(horrible itemization!) There are a ton of other choices out there. Plaguebringer's stained pants come to mind(277 are bis). Your way over hit cap, 289 is the cap with a spriest/druid casting FF. Your cloak has spirit on it which is a wasted stat. The firestorm ring is poorly itemized for us considering the lack of haste. Every hit mp5 gem needs to come out asap! I don't know what else to say except learn to research your class

Feel free to take a look for comparison http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&cn=Darkgreen

Also the two best dps caster professions are tailoring and engy.

Quote Originally Posted by trollelesham
    You've got a ton of gearing problems. First you took the tier legs.(horrible itemization!) There are a ton of other choices out there. Plaguebringer's stained pants come to mind(277 are bis). Your way over hit cap, 289 is the cap with a spriest/druid casting FF. Your cloak has spirit on it which is a wasted stat. The firestorm ring is poorly itemized for us considering the lack of haste. Every hit mp5 gem needs to come out asap! I don't know what else to say except learn to research your class

Feel free to take a look for comparison http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&cn=Darkgreen

Also the two best dps caster professions are tailoring and engy.
    1. I never understood, but give the OP the benefit of the doubt and don't start assuming tons of things unless he explicitly said so. To start off, we have no idea if he has access to heroic ICC 25 yet, also do not know if his guild allows him to roll on cloth or if he has to wait until all other clothies get it first. And saying the legs are terribly itemized is stupid, if you take the cloth pants and the tier gloves, they offer the equivalent of + 16 haste more to using say the cloth gloves off gunship and tier legs which gives you +2 sp and +32 crit more once gemmed.

In my case, I've had the gloves drop nearly every week for my guild and legs only drop once, so my using tier legs and the cloth gloves is nearly similar. So my point here is using a different combo than the ZOMG BiS list doesnt mean you're going to dramatically lose a ton of theoretical dps...

2. Next point in your post, he said he does not raid with spriest or boomkin at all, therefore you would know the reason he had so much extra hit if you read the post.

3. Next point, why assume he is using shitty gear on purpose? Obviously he knows spirit is worthless and that hit and crit isnt as good as a hit and haste ring. But those are what he has. So maybe suggest some gearing paths instead of just criticizing.

4. To the OP, as fakestreet said you don't want to gem pure haste, even if your haste may not be great in your current gear, SP will always be a better stat at all times. I noticed you had the healing ring from ToC 25, possibly consider trying and picking up the BoE haste/hit cloak from there and switching that ring with your firestorm band, that way you trade out crit and spirit for haste and hit which should be fairly valuable for you. Ultimately, I would just say hope for gear to drop!

5. I can verify what Tearor said also, the snowfall keys addon works wonders, should definitely try that out.. Anyway hope this all helps!