Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Closest calls in a raid.

Tanking 10 Marrowgar on my DK.
    Me and a ret left, 8%.
    Popped Rune Mastery, army + ghoul, and went to town.
    Ret died at 5%, I finished it off.
    I had 13k health left.
    God bless VB + DS and a shit ton of ghouls to absorb saber lashes (or whatever).

First night Toravon was released in VOA, we formed a 25man with about 10 guildies and the rest crappy pugs. None of my guildies had seen the fight but we read general strats about staying away from the orbs. First attempt went pretty well but DPS wasn't quite there and people were dropping off due to hugging orbs and too many stacks during whiteout.

With about 5% of Toravon's HP left it is mostly just my guildies left alive with a couple pugs. 1 tank goes down. Healers start dying to whitetout.

4% - DPS is nuking as hard as they can, dead people chanting "go go go"
    3% - tank goes down, other tank has no CDs left
    2% - other tank goes down, Toravon starts picking off DPS. Only the shaman healer is left alive
    1% - "GO GO GO" he kills the shaman healer and goes for the last DPS

At 23k HP left he makes the killing blow on the last DPS. Everybody yells NOOOOO

Shaman healer pops back up, zap zap, boss drops

It was EPIC

10 man naxx back in early wrath:
    We're clearing through but things start going wrong on Grobbulus. Keep losing more and more people and finally in the last few seconds the only one alive is our dk mt. He manages to finish off the boss and promptly dies less than a second later.

10 man Festergut:
    The other tank goes down late into the fight, and I have to pick him up again before my gastric bloats have worn off. He's down to about 5% when I blow up and take melee with me. He runs around one shotting the remaining dps but dies first, the only people alive: our two shadow priests.

we wre in TOC 10m only the beasts when they were hard we lost 3 guys to the first guy 2 to the worms so only 5 guys left lost 2 at Icehowl beat him with 3 guys up THAT IS SKILL MY FRIEND!

Festergut 10man with fail pug, we hit enrage with 100k fester's hp everyone died but i popped Bubble and killed him, how cool is that?
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337
    Festergut 10man with fail pug, we hit enrage with 100k fester's hp everyone died but i popped Bubble and killed him, how cool is that?
    SS or it didnt happen. you cant do 8k dps while bubbled

He was running with an affliction lock and 2 shadow priests
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    SS or it didnt happen. you cant do 8k dps while bubbled
    DoTs wouldve still been on him, counting for at least half of the 100k.

Our first 25man festergut kill.

It was pretty epic at the time, we had been struggling with signups so we had some low dps due to offspecs/missing buffs etc.. we had been wiping on it for the last few days..

We went in and after a couple of practices we survived the 5 minutes and he enraged at very low health, 1-shotting the whole raid. All that was left was a holy priest in his spirit form. Fortunately festergut died from dots a second or two later ;D

We got it on vid but something happened and it skips a minute or two of the fight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS2jwwLRRHo
    Enjoy :P

Our first 25 man Insanity kill in TotGC.

The boss died the same moment the bubble'd retadin and dispersed shadowpriest died. We got the achievement with everyone in the raid dead.

Made for a nice screenshot though

Our first BQL 25 kill was the same thing: Everyone dead, boss dieing the same moment the dispered shadowpriest and bubble'd retadin died (Same guys btw, we love 'm!)

10+ Year Old Account

was in toc 25 on my dk. we came to FC without problems but then when we started the fight people started dropping like flies when the last champion was left we had a Spriest a druid healer and a retadin left, but we made it xD

i've been in several situations where there was a last man standing that gave the killing blow on a boss only to die from dots after. we just ran back and looted, but it's always a heartstopper.

there've also been occasions where we killed a boss while it was enraged. i don't think there's anything unique about that, but that's about as close as you can get, eh?

a close call that didn't end in our favor recently was getting putricide to 100k HP and dying. that was fairly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Krentz
    First night Toravon was released in VOA, we formed a 25man with about 10 guildies and the rest crappy pugs. None of my guildies had seen the fight but we read general strats about staying away from the orbs. First attempt went pretty well but DPS wasn't quite there and people were dropping off due to hugging orbs and too many stacks during whiteout.

With about 5% of Toravon's HP left it is mostly just my guildies left alive with a couple pugs. 1 tank goes down. Healers start dying to whitetout.

4% - DPS is nuking as hard as they can, dead people chanting "go go go"
    3% - tank goes down, other tank has no CDs left
    2% - other tank goes down, Toravon starts picking off DPS. Only the shaman healer is left alive
    1% - "GO GO GO" he kills the shaman healer and goes for the last DPS

At 23k HP left he makes the killing blow on the last DPS. Everybody yells NOOOOO

Shaman healer pops back up, zap zap, boss drops

It was EPIC
    This happened to me on KT during a 25 Naxx run at the start of WotLK. Whole raid goes down when he has about 10-20k left, shammy goes down last, the adds vanish, he anks back up and pops KT. if he had waited like .01 seconds longer the whole thing would have reset. It was awesome.

Two weeks ago our fellow priest has gone offline and we were 9-manning Blood-Queen... Vampires made a mess with bites and killed all the raid, second later shadow priest's dot finished Blood-Queen:
    Code:
    [21:24:45.798] Язалори killed Эвридипа
    [21:24:45.907] Эвридипа dies
    [21:24:46.308] Ханна dies
    [21:24:51.224] Арагоста dies
    [21:24:54.335] Язалори killed Арагоста
    [21:24:54.879] Арагоста dies
    [21:24:57.955] Зайчище dies
    [21:24:58.376] Шалость dies
    [21:24:59.483] Эвридипа killed Blood-Queen Lana'thel
    [21:24:59.526] Blood-Queen Lana'thel dies