Page 1 of 2
LastLast

soloing magisters terrace heroic as ele

want the white chocobo, cause female tauren look damn funny on the things

any of you nerds soloed it as ele, or am i gonna have to change up my offpsec?
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Re: soloing magisters terrace heroic as ele

I can solo it fine as ele. Doesn't require great gear either because I use my pvp gear and the resilience does nothing for pve.

You can instant-kill one mob every pull off the start in the basic blood elf pulls. The trash right before first boss you can basically aoe down. The trash before the second boss (wyrms) and any pull you have trouble with can easily be handled with earthgrab from earthbind totem.

You'll probably want to put down tremor and lust for third boss (if there's a warrior naga). However, I've pulled two entire packs and the 3rd boss all together in that room, and killed them all through use of earthgrab.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

resilience does reduce your chance to be crit in pve
    and you arn't gonna be insta killing anything with 23k hp

Quote Originally Posted by Relictus
    I can solo it fine as ele. Doesn't require great gear either because I use my pvp gear and the resilience does nothing for pve.

You can instant-kill one mob every pull off the start in the basic blood elf pulls. The trash right before first boss you can basically aoe down. The trash before the second boss (wyrms) and any pull you have trouble with can easily be handled with earthgrab from earthbind totem.
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    resilience does reduce your chance to be crit in pve
    Probably makes less of an impact on my soloing abilities than if I had pve haste/crit to keep myself healed more, and to dps faster.

14.88% less chance to be crit with 1403 resil. Meh, I'd rather have haste and just zerg down pulls. Battlemaster comes in handy though, but that's just because I don't have a better trinket to work with.

If your gear is really bad (like T6 level 70 gear), try to kill/focusshock blood knights so they don't heal, and chain lightning warlocks so their imp pets die. The imp pets only have like 1000 health, but hit for that much per firebolt if the damage doesn't resist.

Im not sure if a shammy can solo MgT since Kael does that bubble pyroblast that can deal a good amount.

Solod it on my pally and he bubbles and im like "oh well just take it wont hurt much" hits me.. drops me prety damn low like 30 or 20% not sure if it "killd" me and my buff went off or not cant remember..

So ya unless you can get a HUGE amount of mitigation or can just resist/miss it.

Fyi first time i decided to solo the place on my pally mount dropd... thought id put that out there....
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Would grounding totem work?

It's very easy to get kaelthas to 50% before he casts pyroblast as elemental. I've full cleared heroic MgT 58 times before mount dropped.

just soloed it, pretty easy meh would have probably been a bit easier as enh
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    just soloed it, pretty easy meh would have probably been a bit easier as enh
    Yeah I regret DE'ing all my enhance gear. I've been collecting some pieces though for soloing harder things.

did it as ele, kill melee mobs first, heal yourself, kill caster mobs, mileage may vary depending on gear
    do NOT pull the whole room before the second boss at once

Yeah I regret DE'ing all my enhance gear. I've been collecting some pieces though for soloing harder things.
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

It's very easy to get kaelthas to 50% before he casts pyroblast as elemental. I've full cleared heroic MgT 58 times before mount dropped.
    First with my DK. I went for the pet, though, so I've kept on coming back. I'm too lazy to do it on normal. Doing it heroic, I get the motivation of "once a day".

I tried soloing Heroic Magister's as Elemental near the beginning of WOTLK, to no avail; I got my ass kicked. This topic is inspiring me to go back, though, now that I'm geared out.

I have the white chicken mount now but used to TRY to run this as feral tank and found the second boss VERY hard. I used to die a LOT on it. And Kaelthas is also very hard to solo.

I would LOVE to see a video of an elemental shammy soloing this. Ill believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    I have the white chicken mount now but used to TRY to run this as feral tank and found the second boss VERY hard. I used to die a LOT on it. And Kaelthas is also very hard to solo.

I would LOVE to see a video of an elemental shammy soloing this. Ill believe it when I see it.
    Giev video too plx

It's very, very easy. The only "hard" part of the instance would be certain unlucky combos at the third boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas
    Im not sure if a shammy can solo MgT since Kael does that bubble pyroblast that can deal a good amount.

Solod it on my pally and he bubbles and im like "oh well just take it wont hurt much" hits me.. drops me prety damn low like 30 or 20% not sure if it "killd" me and my buff went off or not cant remember..

So ya unless you can get a HUGE amount of mitigation or can just resist/miss it.

Fyi first time i decided to solo the place on my pally mount dropd... thought id put that out there....
    If you're any decent at dpsing, he won't cast pyroblast before 50%.

Kael shouldn't be a problem. Even if he does get to a cast it's a 10k shield to bust and then a windshock, NP. Grounding totem should eat it too. The second or third bosses look more challenging than he does really.

Not that it really belongs in the shaman forums but since your an educated bunch. Is it easy enough to be soloes by a goodgeared hunter?

get me a free version of fraps or something similar and i'll post one

Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

KT was the easiest boss in there, nothing is easier to kill than casters a for a shaman, especially when they dont CC or silence we'll insta-gib burst ur ass down, and thats what i did to KT got the white hawkstrider first solo try, 3rd boss was much harder with the healer + rogue stun spamming all the time.