Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: soloing magisters terrace heroic as ele

So how do you get by Vexallus the second boss. He simply eats me up just before I get him to half his health.
    I can´t do it either in pvp or in pve gear.

What strategy does it take

fire elemental + self heals

Quote Originally Posted by Kucedon
    So how do you get by Vexallus the second boss. He simply eats me up just before I get him to half his health.
    I can´t do it either in pvp or in pve gear.

What strategy does it take
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Read this thread and suddenly wanted to solo MGT. Pretty easy for an ele in 251/264 gear. Kill melee mobs first on trash, heal up, finish the casters, use Hex to make things easier.

First boss: Easy, just interrupt drain mana, kill crystal he's siphoning, usually 1 LvB will do the work, heal up, nuke boss.

2nd Boss: Had no issues, used earth ele to tank him, chain lightening when orbs came up, was pretty much over after 2nd set of orbs.

3rd Boss: Difficulty depending on make up, Hex whichever you feel comfortable, run outside of the area drop fire ele, clean up, finish the hexed add. victory!

Kael: Earth ele should be up by this time, blow BL/Heroism when fight starts, interrupt if you want, Kael doesn't do that much. You'll get into 2nd phase without any issue and only 1 bird will spawn, kill the bird/egg while in air, then pew pew Kael, hope mount/pet drops!

not my best explanation, but hope it helps.

sorry forgot about this, got my white chocobo on my SECOND run, before i made a video

if theres still any intrest i'll try to make one this weekend
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

I did this recently on my prot pally and with the crap DPS I was pulling Kael didn't do a single pyro blast.

3rd boss was super easy for me as I just used seal of light + hammer of righteousness :P

Quote Originally Posted by comablack
    resilience does reduce your chance to be crit in pve
    and you arn't gonna be insta killing anything with 23k hp

since patch 3.2? (unsure)

resilience no longer effects any part of pve... defence is better the resil in pve.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

still reduces your chance to be crit in pve

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz

resilience no longer effects any part of pve... defence is better the resil in pve.
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz

resilience has always reduced your chance to be crit in pve

15+ Year Old Account

Who the fuck cares about Resilience and not being crit in PvE, offtopic much?

Anyway, on topic, I do this place everyday and have been doing so for the past 2 months or so, after the Orb of the Sin'Dorei but it has yet to drop for me, Mount dropped first time, yay. :/

So, you go in, kill the first 2 mobs.

Wait for Patrol of Warlock and Imp, kill them. (Just in case they pull another pack)

Run through the centre to the right so you can skip both groups.

Kill the next 4 mobs, Blood Knight first.

At the first boss, pull everything, hide behind the corner with a magma down and prepare for fire nova spammage. (Note you will have to heal in between FN's)

Pull Boss, rape his face, get crappy epic.

Kill the Wyrms to get the Damage buff, pull 2 or so groups and once again Magma + FN + Thunderstorm (Glyphed for no knockback, though it could also help!)

Kill the Blood elf. Pull boss and pop Bloodlust/Heroism and Fire Ele and zerg him as fast as you can. Proceed to loot crappy epic. +1 rage

Skip the robots if you can, then in the next room with lots of Blood elves in it, run through the middle of the first group and the group in the middle to skip them.

Hide behind the tree and jump onto the bush, run across the bush to avoid further groups, Robot in next hallway, can be skipped.

Put down Tremor (And Earth Elemental when things look bad), Magma (Spam FN!) healing stream and Wrath of Air for optimal killage, try nuking down the Rogue/Warrior first as they stun like a bitch. Once more, proceed to loot a crappy epic and cry over the orb. +5 rage

Go to the next room, Magma + Fire Nova and the like on the adds and engage Kael'thas, Fire Ele should be off by now so use that and try to ground / interrupt as many spells as you can, seeing as they can still kill you. He doesn't usually spawn a Phoenix when I do it but if he does, kill that Phoenix and ignore the egg.

And there you go, that is how I AoE my way through MgT heroic as an Elemental Shaman, optimal speed yo!
    Also if you want to skip a pack you know you're going to asspull, invest in some invisibility potions. Hope it gives you a faint idea how to solo it, Magma and FN is king here.

Because the mobs in Mgt can crit you? That's why they care - anyways i used full pve gear when i soloed it.

Here's a vid for you, quality may not be too great, i recorded it an hour ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuqz_nuahNs

edit: made a bit better quality and now without cutting the end off kaelthas fight :P dunno how i managed to cut it off.

I've done it today and its pretty easy. killed every bos in the first attempt.

you can easily avoid the last hard trashpac infront of kael. just stick at the walls.
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

New ID and I've done a video too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8G3-38d688
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Quote Originally Posted by neehla
    Because the mobs in Mgt can crit you? That's why they care - anyways i used full pve gear when i soloed it.

Here's a vid for you, quality may not be too great, i recorded it an hour ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuqz_nuahNs

edit: made a bit better quality and now without cutting the end off kaelthas fight :P dunno how i managed to cut it off.
    Nice vid... quick question, and I'm most likely going to be shunned by all shammies... what is rooting the mobs in place (e.g. the room with the mana-wyms)?

Done it several times with the cookie cutter non-aoe raid-specc.
    Here's my armory: *click*

The only thing I do is exchanging the staff with the Quel'Delar 1h Caster Mace and Voice of Reason to reduce physical damage incoming.
    *Greetings from Blackmoore-EU*
    Noma <Innervision>