Please help me solve this problem

I am the healing officer of a semi casual/hardcore raiding guild and am currently working on downing PP on 25man. I play a shaman and know nothing about Paladins however my problem lies with one of my healers. We use two holy Paladins and one is extremley knowledgable but our other one is lacking... He constantly is last on healing first on overhealing and goes OOM so fast during a boss fight. His gear is quite good, all 251/264.

For some reason our WoLogs are being crappy and arent recording/uploading. Here is the most recent one I could find.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kpjipuiozpduvkjj/

If theres anymore questions feel free to ask

Re: Please help me solve this problem

why dont that extremely knowledgeable paladin share his thoughts about mana conservation with the other one?

Try to get them coordinate their beacon and sacred shield properly, I found that stacking beacon on one tank (or target) isn't the best way to maximize effective healing during the combat.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    why dont that extremely knowledgeable paladin share his thoughts about mana conservation with the other one?

Try to get them coordinate their beacon and sacred shield properly, I found that stacking beacon on one tank (or target) isn't the best way to maximize effective healing during the combat.
    ^This
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

I am the healing officer <snip> and know nothing about Paladins
    Well, there's your first problem right there.

Honestly, PP is a terrible fight for a Paladin to heal. There is always a ton of movement which is not best suited for Pallies and a constant AOE favors other raid healers, however, it is still a very manageable fight and a Paladin healer is very helpful in phase 3.

We use 5 healers: 1 Holy Paladin (me), 2 Resto Shaman, 1 Disc Priest, 1 Holy Priest.

1) I use Flash of Light for almost all of P1 and P2 before Putricide hits 35%. There is just not that much damage going out on the tank and raid (except maybe after a knockback from a green slime or if someone gets hit by malleable goo) to warrant healing with Holy Light.

2) Popping Divine Plea right between a Phase transition is probably the most optimal time to do so.

I usually enter P3 with about 85% mana and pop DI as soon as bloodlust is popped. P3 is by far the most mana intensive as you will be swappping beacons usually during tank swaps, and should be only spamming HL and maybe a shock as you run.

EDIT: I just looked up the dude on the armory that you were speaking of.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...drius&cn=Slieb

First off, WTF he is not even wearing a chest piece. (doesn't show it for me)

Second, if he is running out of mana he should be using i200 libram and that the i245.

Thrid, get rid of nevermelting ice crystal trinket and at least get the i200 trinket from Normal 5man TOC. That should be a no brainer.

Fourth, he wasted 60 badges on those gloves (unless he got in VOA). He should have not bought tier gloves they are horrible. He should go for the helm instead.

Fifth, he needs to get the better haste enchant for his cloak.

Sixth, he needs to change his shoulder enchant to the Hodir MP5 and not Hodir Crit.

Seventh, his haste is a lil low....

That should get him started.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

wow terrible itemization... tell him to get Tears of Vanquish instead of 232 trinket, or get him solace!

and he should not have gotten that glove if he did indeed bought it.. he should get 251 helm with nightmare tear in the scoket to match the meta gem

spec to 51/20/0 for raidwall and more support in the raid too

Before you get too far, you may want to make certain that his healing is causing you issues on this fight. For my guild, it was a large problem with the DPS. One or two would always be dead to malleable by the time the third phase rolled around, and we wouldn't have enough DPS by the time the stacks got overwhelming. In fact, healers only seem to be entirely critical in the third phase.

If your dps and tanks are doing what they are supposed to, there will be little to no raid damage besides the constant ticks (which druids should be on top of) and the oozes (which aren't hard to keep alive) in phases 1 and 2. This fight REALLY isn't a holy paladin's best friend. Is he consistently performing like this in ALL fights or just professor? You might want to figure this out before you call him out.

Make sure your raid is placing the blame in the correct place. DPS will always tend to call out a healing problem even when they are dying to unhealable damage (some of our dps were malleable magnets) or rng (malleable during adhesion anyone?).

I'm not saying your holy paladin is GREAT, but you should make sure you know where the problem is.

15+ Year Old Account

let's take your Fester25 fight, 'healing done' tab.
    Consolatory (14.9% healing done, 16.7% of which is JoL)
    Slieb(13% healing done, no JoL)
    JoL is easy mainainable by ret or prot pala, and there can be only one JoL per creature, so let's take Consolatory's JoL off and he has 12.4% healing done.

let's take now 'mana gained' tab.
    1. they've gained the same amount of mana from DP, so let's not think about it.
    2.Sileb took Innervate, his bad.
    3.and now, the final. Consolatory took 43700 mana from Seal of Wisdom. let's go to his armory:
    he has 31k mana unbuffed, so let's think that he has 36k mana buffed. this means 2160mana per tick of SoW.
    for 2.2 mace proc chance of SoW is ~ 60% on melee hit. with all raid haste i think he has ~ 1.4 attack speed.
    43700/2460=20 procs of SoW; 20 procs is 33melee attacks. 33 attacks with 1.4speed is 46.2 seconds.
    so, 46.2 seconds of 5min fight your healer spent melee'ing boss without healing done. this doesnt make him good. he's bad as hell.

both your palas are bad.
    they both have wrong head/shoulder enchants (there must be mp5 ones)
    they both have wrong trinkets (Abacus? Nevermelting? take Tears of Vanquished from ToC5man normal, guys)
    they both have not-the-best mace
    they have extremely low haste
    and they have almost no mp5
    and they have wrong librams (they should get Libram of Renewal for badges of heroism);
    Slieb has wrong spec (he must be holy/prot for raidwall) but good glyphs,
    Consolatory has one not-so-bad holy/prot spec but he has worst possible glyphs there - he's missing Glyph of Holy Light (~5x2500 aoe heals for each holy light) and Glyph of Seal of Wisdom(-5% mana cost for all spells while SoW is active).
    Consolatory has bad boots enchant. tell him to take 7mp5 or runspeed (personally i'd prefer 7mp5).

that's why you are failing. strike them in face for until they'll take proper gear,chants,glyphs and talents. all these things will save your raid. right now each of them equals to 65% of good holy pala.

p.s. tell them about haste+mp5>haste+crit>>>>>crit+mp5 principle.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison