Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Vault of Archavon as of 3.3.2...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    You pull Archavon, everyone leaves
    Would be quite funny if some kill him and the rest of the people that were in there get saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    no, because getting out of vault quicker allows me to do other things quicker as well. it would take 10 triumph to earn a plausible 100-120g from gems, that would require killing all the old bosses, and then doing a heroic. so, in reality, you are spending a longer period of time in vault for a substantially smaller gain. all the while you could have been out of there and doing other things, like queueing for a heroic which would give the same amount of badges and a nice amount of DE mats which yield higher profit.

time lost is time lost forever.
    Well why are you wasting your time on a forum? You could be mining, being in a hc, or playing AH right now instead of being at a ah ?
    Hey it's time you'r losing.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Or Blizzard could pull a Blizzard and do like Oculus:

If you clear all 4 bosses you unlock an extra chest in the middle of the instance with 1 bag for each raidmember, containing 2 additional Frosts, chance on the mount and some crappy gem!

Problem solved, everyone will stay for all 4 bosses and more free loot for people! (Oh and the RL/ML cannot ninja your mount like it happened in 75% of the cases it dropped in my runs!)

If I want to do the entire raid, we just announce that loot will be handed out after all bosses are dead.

Fixes the problem of people leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewuhf
    And by doing so you douchebag anyone who actually needs the other gear since replacing someone when Toravon is down is impossible. I despise the "i only care about myself" attitude that has become ever so prevalent.
    And you "douchebag" most of the people there by demanding that you stay. Sorry, there are better ways to farm triumph emblems, and most of the people there are there for one reason; 2 frost emblems and a shot at a free t10 piece. If you want to do the whole thing, start your own group and make it clear from the beginning. You can then do Toravon last because everyone knew what they were getting into.

Personally, I am not going to waste my time in your group due to the chance that you guys are full of fail and wipe on Toravon. Now I am locked until next week. Sorry, no thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan
    Well why are you wasting your time on a forum? You could be mining, being in a hc, or playing AH right now instead of being at a ah ?
    Hey it's time you'r losing.
    just got double kingslayer, so i'm taking a break from the game. also, i'm looking for a scholarly article about international negotiations to write about. tis all about my time and what i choose to do with it. i choose to not clear the older bosses because i get nothing out of it.
    BfA Beta Time

Here's what I did today when I went to VoA.

I joined the raid. When the raid was beginning to fill up almost completely, I said, "Are we just killing the fire and ice bosses or all of them?"

A little bit of psychological treatment and everyone said we should do ice and fire and so we killed both of the main two that offer the majority of upgrades before anyone left.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon
    Or Blizzard could pull a Blizzard and do like Oculus:

If you clear all 4 bosses you unlock an extra chest in the middle of the instance with 1 bag for each raidmember, containing 2 additional Frosts, chance on the mount and some crappy gem!

Problem solved, everyone will stay for all 4 bosses and more free loot for people! (Oh and the RL/ML cannot ninja your mount like it happened in 75% of the cases it dropped in my runs!)
    I really really like this idea. What is the name of your news letter and how do I subscribe? Please tell me you've posted this on the official forums because this is a great idea.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    I do it cause I don't need anything else but the current tier.
    This is pure selfishness. Just because you don't need them, doesn't mean others don't. Take the 5 - 6 minutes to kill the others bosses, if only to help out your other players.

On one hand, it would be easy to just do the old bosses first but then again if the group fails at Toravon, it's a waste of everyone's time.

Another method that I have noticed lately, people leave Toravon's loot on the body while they do at least 1 more boss. People that don't need loot will still leave but at least you stop those with T10 that come there for the PVP stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion71483
    I really really like this idea. What is the name of your news letter and how do I subscribe? Please tell me you've posted this on the official forums because this is a great idea.
    Nope, but feel free to if you wanna (wow official forum is locked a my work).

some things that drop at the old bosses could be an upgrade, but the fire and ice guy drop better upgrades.
    im happy with just fire and ice as triumph is very easy to get and im not gonna beg people to stay for just 4 emblems.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Onshava
    This is pure selfishness. Just because you don't need them, doesn't mean others don't. Take the 5 - 6 minutes to kill the others bosses, if only to help out your other players.
    i've said it once, and i'll say it again: when other people start paying my $15 a month, i'll start playing for them.
    BfA Beta Time

I personally like koralon just because he is the closest thing to patchwerk for my hunter to do raid dummy dps on.

i've said it once, and i'll say it again: when other people start paying my $15 a month, i'll start playing for them.
    In the mean time start paying theirs or start soloing Toravon?

They help you, you help them?

You sound like a massive Dick :-\

Quote Originally Posted by DeosDarkk
    Why is it, that upon downing Toravon, half the raid leaves? Does Korlalon not drop 245 stuff anymore? Does Emalon and Archavon not drop Emblems anymore? I don't underSTAND!
    Silly kid, get the hell out of these forums and back to yoru gave!
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skuzzy
    You sound like a massive Dick :-\
    most rational people are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draltor
    In the mean time start paying theirs or start soloing Toravon?

They help you, you help them?
    nope, they joined the raid for the same reason i did: to kill the newest guy and get a shot at tier/s8 gear/frost emblems. none of them joined with the intent of "getting swizzle gold", what was first and foremost in their minds was their own well being, as it should be.

i leave you with a quote, perhaps you've heard it but i sincerely doubt it.
    I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
    200g to anyone who can name the speaker without using google.
    BfA Beta Time

I have yet to have more than 1-2 people leave after Toravon in any VoA25 pug. Almost always we kill Tora + Kora then everyone leaves. There's a HUGE number of people who still want Relentless set gear or ilvl245 T9.

I've yet to be in a 10m VoA group that bothered killing Koralon. They've all be Tora and split.

*shrug*
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Seriously, all of this QQ'ing about 4 triumph emblems. Run a heroic on your own time after Toravon, problem solved.