Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Vault of Archavon as of 3.3.2...

You can handle this one of two ways. My suggestion is always do the other bosses first. If you wipe on one of them, well then the group sucks anyway and would never have downed the latest boss anyway. If you dont do them first because of bitching make it clear that you're going to be doing at least 2 of the other bosses and keep track of who leaves. This works suprisingingly well. Last week we did a pug ICC25, we get inside, cleared the trash and then I checked my list. We booted one guy who left in the previous VOA. He bitched and moaned about why he was booted and we said we really need people who dont quit on instances after getting what they want. Works like a charm. Didnt have any bitchers this week in VOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    i raid with a guild, which is what i am saying, I DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM. and since it is a multiplayer game, the whole "you must also consider what those other people want to do rather than just what you want to do" goes both ways. YOU have to realize that not everyone wants to clear all 4 bosses. YOU have to realize that YOU need 9 or 24 other people to do exactly what YOU want to do.
    Wow, your guild is so lucky to have a barrel of laughs like you! Your guild must also be very pro to get a raid that fills up, gets teleported to VoA and buffed up in 1 second so you get no overhead!

Anyway, I'm not the one leaving early or whining about doing or not doing an extra boss or two. Whether the group decides to do one or more bosses doesn't really bother me since the time it takes is trivial. People who leave after first boss even if it RL has stated that it's a run for two bosses just end up on my ignore list and I don't bother with them any further.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    Wow, your guild is so lucky to have a barrel of laughs like you! Your guild must also be very pro to get a raid that fills up, gets teleported to VoA and buffed up in 1 second so you get no overhead!

Anyway, I'm not the one leaving early or whining about doing or not doing an extra boss or two. Whether the group decides to do one or more bosses doesn't really bother me since the time it takes is trivial. People who leave after first boss even if it RL has stated that it's a run for two bosses just end up on my ignore list and I don't bother with them any further.
    Awe, weren't able to afford another gem?
    Need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Awe, weren't able to afford another gem?
    Need a tissue?
    Awe, failed in reading comprehension again?

15+ Year Old Account

getting to WG is hard? 2 people take the dal portal and summon. the rest of the raid was either in the battle or has a 310% flier and aren't brain dead. getting there and killing toravon+koralon takes no more than 5-7 minutes. if it takes any raiding guild with active members longer than this, then they should really update their roster.

also, ignoring players who choose to leave early doesn't solve any issue, it just makes you look far more childish than them.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by lonewuhf
    And by doing so you douchebag anyone who actually needs the other gear since replacing someone when Toravon is down is impossible. I despise the "i only care about myself" attitude that has become ever so prevalent.
    Please, how is leaving any more selfish than demanding people stay that don't want to be there. If they don't need anything, demanding they stay has one purpose, to get you free loot. Sounds equally selfish to me. Don't go into VoA and think you're going to clear all bosses. It has never been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    getting to WG is hard? 2 people take the dal portal and summon. the rest of the raid was either in the battle or has a 310% flier and aren't brain dead. getting there and killing toravon+koralon takes no more than 5-7 minutes. if it takes any raiding guild with active members longer than this, then they should really update their roster.
    Like I said it must be nice to have a pro guild like that. Mine must obviously suck since we don't have a full alt raid in every WG fight ready to pounce into VoA the second it stops (we usually do VoA with mains after the end of a normal raid night).

also, ignoring players who choose to leave early doesn't solve any issue, it just makes you look far more childish than them.
    It most certainly does solve the issue, if I can't hear them I can't invite them. And childish? That's what the ignore function was built for; ignoring people you do not wish to interact with. People who ninja-quit in the middle of a raid are definitely people I do not wish to interact with any further.

15+ Year Old Account

Like I said it must be nice to have a pro guild like that. Mine must obviously suck since we don't have a full alt raid in every WG fight ready to pounce into VoA the second it stops (we usually do VoA with mains after the end of a normal raid night).

It most certainly does solve the issue, if I can't hear them I can't invite them. And childish? That's what the ignore function was built for; ignoring people you do not wish to interact with. People who ninja-quit in the middle of a raid are definitely people I do not wish to interact with any further.
    WHA WHA WHA WHA WHA I DONT LIKE WHAT YOU'RE DOING SO I WILL PUT YOU ON IGNORE SO YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING TO OTHER PEOPLE BUT I CAN'T HEAR YOU CAUSE I'M GOIN WHA WHA WHA.

that is what you are saying when you ignore someone for leaving a raid. also, if you do run VoA as a guild, why are you pugging? are you trying to say that your own guild doesn't want to do the other bosses? do you put guildies on ignore? are you even in a guild?

lastly, logging on at raid time, seeing if you have WG, then porting over requires alt raids now? guess so. i'll tell the PvPers in the guild to stop enjoying the game their way because you don't approve.

for that matter, i don't approve of your posts, can you stop doing that to? it bothers me.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by daburton
    You can handle this one of two ways. My suggestion is always do the other bosses first.

If a raid would suddenly want to do the easy bosses first I would leave on the spot. If we cannot down Toravon I can do the raid again later this week, but if we kill the other bosses first and then wipe, I have an ID and can't get another raid (easily) this week.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Feel free to start another topic on VoA, but this time leave the personal attacks out, please.