Old Dungeons/Raids & Cataclysm

I was talking with some friends of mine and they think that some of the old dungeons and raids would fall by the wayside when Cataclysm comes out, due to the physical changes of Azeroth.

I wasn't able to find any information on this from Blizzard, but I'd think that if they spent all that time on those dungeons and raids that getting rid of them entirely would be a waste.

If the physical landscape changes the area where you would have normally went into the instance, then that's fine.

What I thought would be cool is if they revamped the Caverns of Time and add portals to the old content, because they were, a thing of the past.

Re: Old Dungeons/Raids & Cataclysm

I don't know, but I will guess

They won't remove much of the old stuff, since it is leveling content, and there will always be people leveling; it's needed. Would be cool if they revamped the old dungeons as well, would make leveling alts more fun.

We might see major change of some places though, Blackrock Mountain is probably one of these places. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they are rebuilding the whole BRM complex. Storywise it would be very cool to see what happened to the place after Nefarian / Ragnaros left the building.

I farmed the Arcanite Reaper recipe just in case

Blizzard is trying to streamline Cata. During Blizzcon and several dev chats they alluded to the fact they are revamping old unused content including MC now that Rag is elsewhere. That means level 60 raid content will be updated and remodeled. Essentially, they want you to have a reason to go there being that you generally don't hit that dungeon spot at all for anything nowadays. Right now would be an excellent time to do all the level 60 raid zones to make sure you get the old school achieves and whatever recipies you need. It may be re-orged into a level 85 dungeon complex. It depends on how they slice it come release time.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

an old thread i know, but i just came to wonder about the same thing. it would be really awesome if they brought back the old places, i would love to have a reason to go AQ 20/40 again, hope blizzard gives me one