Thread: A little help

A little help

Hi all, last night i recieved http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50351 and was wondering if it was worth using since i think it's still bugged? And if so which trinket to replace for it? I currently have Greatness and WFS since my guild has had no luck with death's choice dropping and not seen a single one.

Also i was wondering what sort of dps i should be putting out in my current gear because i feel as if i'm not keeping up with some of the others in my guild. On saurfang 25 i think my dps came out at 9000 yet i feel i should be pushing 10k in my gear.

Here's my armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nar&cn=Lorthar

Thanks for your time

10+ Year Old Account

Re: A little help

What i heard TaiJ has pretty low range so you have to stand closer to Bosses/Mobs cant confirm it because i dont have it

the ranged bug is fixed and this trinket is BIS by far

i quote myself, since iam to lazy to explain it more:

Quote Originally Posted by Agathon
    This is a log from yesterdays Deathbringer kill: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...1005#damageout
    on the topic of manifested anger. quick math:
    Manifest Anger 67,217 25 3.7%
    seals critchance 48,2% -> 12*3977 (avg seal crit) + 13*2890 (avg seal hit) = 82404 dmg
    ------------------
    149621 dmg = 8,26% directly related to the trinket.
    8,26% of 11143 = 920,2 dps !
    you need to drop hit asap...and that horrible belt. easiest fix would be to buy the leather badge belt (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50995) i think. you can take any leather/mail/plate belt with an ilvl higher than 245 and gain dps while doing so. (good choices would be tog 25 togc 10/25, the leatherbelt icc 10, or putricide 25....)

on the topic of dps: yes i think you should do more dps. on saurfang you can push your dmg by pulling wings when bloodbeasts have spawned (wings bypass aoe reduction to some degree) and of course the usual things, lining with trinket proccs etc etc. check the fightlenght of your last saurfang kills and plan how use wings accordingly. make sure you use 2 hastepots (one just a second before the fight starts and another one with bl)

I know the belt needs replacing and it's next on my list but not seen any good ones drop unfortunately and was hoping to get the one from dreamwalker soon (coldwraith links?). Also was going to get the Taiga Bracers from dreamwalker 10man since with both i'd drop the extra hit gained from TaJ

Tried out the jar on a test dummy to see how quickly it stacks up and it does indeed stack very fast. Seems to only hit for 1k and crit for 2k though i'm sure i read somewhere that people are critting for 3k with it but maybe that's raid buffed since i only had might. Which trinket would you suggest keeping out of Whispering Fanged Skull and Greatness?

I have to be very careful of the bloodbeasts on saurfang because although they take reduced aoe damage there have been times that i have pulled aggro and almost died to them so i'm told by raid leader to make sure i never have consecration down when they spawn. As for the haste potions i wasn't sure if popping one right before pull gave much of a dps increase since on most fights it takes a good few seconds to get in range but then anything that boosts dps is worth it. Will go take a look at logs from kills to better time avenging wrath as you have stated.

Thanks for your advice

Keep wfs, drop greatness. Con should never ever pull threat on them. I think mine ticks for 50. If your range are doing their job you will never pull them, even with wings out and a ds right when they spawn. Tell your rl to fix the range's problem.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Keep wfs, drop greatness. Con should never ever pull threat on them. I think mine ticks for 50. If your range are doing their job you will never pull them, even with wings out and a ds right when they spawn. Tell your rl to fix the range's problem.
    Agreed, the beasts take 90% reduced damage, this means the beasts are taking 70-90 damage a tick from your con, ergo if the ranged cant out-threat this they fail epically
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    That's what i figured but didn't want to risk pulling aggro on them since i'm no good dead.

Also thanks for the advice on trinket, i thought it would likely be WFS to keep. Also it seems that although they've fixed the range on the jar it doesn't proc manifest anger when using seal of command. I was running a heroic with it and every time my motes reset i'd check my combat log and it would show it stacking up and then starting back at 1 but no manifest anger