Coming back for a week after a year

Dear readers of MMO Champion,

I was checking my Battle.NET account for a SC2 Beta key (no, I didn't get any ) earlier this week and noticed that I'd been given a free week of play. I don't have much spare time which was also the reason I quit playing almost a year ago, but I decided I'd give it a shot, just for the seven days.

I'd like to spend the time playing my hunter (the only level 80 character I have, yes I was a casual) , running some random Heroic Dungeons and possibly visiting Vault of Archavon as well. I can't link the Armory since it doesn't display any data due to long account inactivity. I'd be very grateful for a link to any 3.3 Heroics gearing guide (including Frost Badges). I'm exclusively in level 200 items, most of them epic, and 2 pieces of T7 (Heroes' Cryptstalker Battlegear).

My plan is also getting Enchanting to 450 (probably around 400 or so now); I'm leaving Skinning as the second profession, since I only have circa 3000 gold and will be using it for epic gems and enchanting leveling.

If you have any other suggestions (I don't know much about the Argent Tournament rewards, for example), please advice me as well.

Cheers,
    Tinadi of Sporeggar EU

Re: Coming back for a week after a year

If you are just playing for 7 days, cancel now and de-install. Anything you get into will only make you want to play past your 7 days and you'll start making time in your life to fit WoW too. After a while you'll pass on other RL things for WoW until you are faced with the same decision you had previously.

If you are out, stay away! There's nothing you can do in 7 days that won't just make you want to play 7 more and then 7 more.

It's clever. 7 days with very many new things (if you indeed were on hiatus for a year) you'd WANT to do as much as you can.

If you bought a 60 day card, you probably wouldn't have that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

In 7 days you won't be able to obtain enough Frost badges to get anything. But you will be able to get plenty of Triumph badges and get T9 gear from the vendors in Dalaran and Argent Tourney grounds. Run Frozen Halls 5-man instances and get gear upgrades from there as well.

Otherwise, just have fun.

Windrunner T9 set. There will also be Helm and Chest pieces with higher stats without the set bonuses available from the Dalaran vendor. Not to mention all the Rings and Trinkets available from Dalaran emblem vendors.

http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=859

Thanks for feedback, guys. I found a nice explanation of Emblem System, up-to-date. I hope it's useful for anyone who visits this thread in the same situation as I'm in.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...d3/Emblems.png

I was in the same situation a month ago, and let me tell you: it was a blast! I managed to farm almost entire tier 9 set (tier 10 wasn't out yet), got into some 10 man ToC raids, went to see ICC with rep grinders... in a nutshell, it was a fantastic experience. You will be able to max out everything (assuming you already have some gold and a will to play a bit longer) in just under 7 days. I consider myself a hard core casual (playing once or twice a year) and I still manage to stay up to date (this is a casual perspective mind you) with items and other 10 man activities.

I wouldn't worry that much with frost badges and similar things since, hey, they do require a guild decent enough to do ICC on regular basis. Otherwise, you will be stuck with pugs and thats an experience I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

/cheers

Dragonsworn or archdruid.. dragonsworn sound cool, not exactly sure what an arc druid is but have seen alot about it
    If your raid is bad, bind your Hyperspeed Accelerator to hearthstone!