Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What would you do to make Wintergrasp even?

On both my servers, we seem to lose Wintergrasp a lot. More so on the PvP server I play on. Horde outnumbers us 10 - 1. We get Wintergrasp about one or twice a week during off-hours when no one is even on. Of course, that doesn't help me when I need to run VoA and I'm at school.

Many people have these same problems with imbalance on servers, and I was thinking of ways to make it even for the two sides.

1. Put a more equal limit on both sides:
    The normal winning team is given less than the normal losing team. For example: Horde has 90 players, Alliance has 30 players. Limit the Horde's number to 40 players until Alliance gets more people on their team.

2. Increase Tenacity:
    Give players with 5 or more immunity to stuns.
    Give players with 10 or more immunity to slow.
    Give players with 15 or more a 60% resistance to damage.
    Give players with 20 or more 80% resistance to damage.

3. Create Faction NPCs:
    If Horde is outnumbered by a ratio of 1-12, then give Horde aggressive NPCs. These NPCs will behave like players—they will capture nodes, drive vehicles and attack other players. However, they cannot win the game. They can only destroy walls, capture nodes, drive vehicles and kill players.
    These NPCs will only spawn when players are outnumbered by a certain amount. Each NPC has increases health and damage, much like a 5 man Heroic WotLK boss. Each NPC has its own skills and abilities.

4. If the outnumbered team is defending:
    Put an increase of health on the main walls of Wintergrasp and increase damage on turrets towards enemies.

Well, those are my ideas. I think they’re pretty solid.

Deleted

Re: What would you do to make Wintergrasp even?

i could actually see this happening, apart from teh damage reductions.

I'd improve Tenacity's scaling for more than 15 stacks and introduce more NPCs for the underdog faction.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

I'd either put more towers on the defending fort since on my realm whoever's attacking usually captures Wintergrasp, or each time they break into a different court they'll have a 10 man boss of some sort on their hands, eventually fighting off 3 bosses, 2 if they come in through the sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanari
    You Sir.
    Get my Cookie of The Year Award.

IT HAS RAISINS!
    [quote="Boubouille"]
    BM is also the most popular secondary spec, though maybe it could just be to play Pokemon with Spirit Beasts. (Source)

I say too bad if the Alliance cant get enough people there. Sucks for you. Reroll Horde IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgathor
    I say too bad if the Alliance cant get enough people there. Sucks for you. Reroll Horde IMO.
    Remember you said that next time your class eats a nerf so hard it's no longer viable in raids or arena comps.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

i would just force the teams to have exactly same sized teams.

if other side has 40 and other side has 35 then the bigger side will lose 5 players so both factions have 35 vs 35. if one joines 36v35 then other side is allowed to have one more, 36 vs 36. If someone leaves mid battle then other side will be forced to lose one player aswell.

if other side has 100 in queue and other just 50 then the battle will only be 50vs50. no tenacity needed anymore. its just up to players do they win as neither of the sides can overwhelm the other.

The most simple solution to WG problems. Some people cannot join, their loss, then queue up faster next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgers

3. Create Faction NPCs:
    If Horde is outnumbered by a ratio of 1-12, then give Horde aggressive NPCs. These NPCs will behave like players—they will capture nodes, drive vehicles and attack other players. However, they cannot win the game. They can only destroy walls, capture nodes, drive vehicles and kill players.
    These NPCs will only spawn when players are outnumbered by a certain amount. Each NPC has increases health and damage, much like a 5 man Heroic WotLK boss. Each NPC has its own skills and abilities.
    This thing would require helluva lot time from blizzard to implement and the npcs would bug many times until they are perfect.
    I doubt they wanna waste ton of time to make NPCs that act like players. I would prefer like faction champions boss will go to defend the chamber entrance...

Tenacity would need no changes if there was a limit on the opposing side. The only reason that I can see why factions that are greatly outnumbered is just that...they can have all the tenacity they want it would just mean theres more and more people coming to kill you. The higher tenacity you have the lesser your chances are to win...if you have a lower tenacity that means numbers are somewhat close to even and you get a pretty nice buff from it as well usually ending in a win. With the way it is now it's just to hard to overcome the wave of enemies.

I like your idea about the wall health upgrade that would almost be enough to even the playing field and keeping it the way it is now. You would also want to lower the health of the wall if the higher team is defending OR increase the damage of the different siege vehicles of the lower pop team. Some might say that would be OP because you already get a huge buff from tenacity but ive seen siege engines with 10+ tenacity get taken down in just a few seconds from rockets and player damage because there is such a huge imbalance of the populations.

I don't think their is truly anyway to "even" out WG. There can be implementations to balance both sides, but it all comes down to how players react. On my server, we can have a 3:1 ratio defending and still win, but at the same time lose when we are up by the same ration. its just all about how players use the siege weapons, not about what buffs players get.

You have to be doing better then the alliance on my server, >_> but I would honestly like to see them win a lot more. It has come to the point that the only time we get a major push is on tuesdays before peak raiding time, other then that, it's very slow and they are driven back to their graveyard.
    I think that WG needs to be ballanced out, even if it means the horde on my server lose a lot more.

It seems that plenty servers are very unbalanced in terms of Horde vs. Alliance players.

On both my servers, we seem to lose Wintergrasp a lot. More so on the PvP server I play on. Horde outnumbers us 10 - 1.
    Which server are you on, I should trasnfer there :P On my server Alliance outnumbers us 8 to 1. The battle log in VoA shows quite a hilarious situation (I'm throwing random numbers, haven't played since mid-December, but just to give you the ratio idea)
    Offensive victories: Defensive victories:
    Horde - 481 (we are always 1 ahead, always) Horde - 83
    Alliance - 480 Alliance - 467

Perhaps FCM between our servers? Some way to balance it out. Numbers do matter, don't anyone dare say it's all about skill, skill won't help if there are ten times the amount of players on the other team.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Doomwise

Enjoying the WoW adventure since June 07. With friends. Always for fun. The way I like it.

The attacking faction always wins but the longer you defend it the more honor you gain or something.
    Might not be the best sulotion but meh.. wouldnt be the worst either.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka
    i would just force the teams to have exactly same sized teams.

if other side has 40 and other side has 35 then the bigger side will lose 5 players so both factions have 35 vs 35. if one joines 36v35 then other side is allowed to have one more, 36 vs 36. If someone leaves mid battle then other side will be forced to lose one player aswell.

if other side has 100 in queue and other just 50 then the battle will only be 50vs50. no tenacity needed anymore. its just up to players do they win as neither of the sides can overwhelm the other.

The most simple solution to WG problems. Some people cannot join, their loss, then queue up faster next time.

Hey all, we have Wintergrasp, let's cockblock the other faction by having nobody go defend it so they can't take it.

On both my servers, we seem to lose Wintergrasp a lot. More so on the PvP server I play on. Horde outnumbers us 10 - 1. We get Wintergrasp about one or twice a week during off-hours when no one is even on. Of course, that doesn't help me when I need to run VoA and I'm at school.

Many people have these same problems with imbalance on servers, and I was thinking of ways to make it even for the two sides.

1. Put a more equal limit on both sides:
    The normal winning team is given less than the normal losing team. For example: Horde has 90 players, Alliance has 30 players. Limit the Horde's number to 40 players until Alliance gets more people on their team.

2. Increase Tenacity:
    Give players with 5 or more immunity to stuns.
    Give players with 10 or more immunity to slow.
    Give players with 15 or more a 60% resistance to damage.
    Give players with 20 or more 80% resistance to damage.

3. Create Faction NPCs:

4. If the outnumbered team is defending:
    Put an increase of health on the main walls of Wintergrasp and increase damage on turrets towards enemies.

i think its more like, l2p mf?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerus

You have to be doing better then the alliance on my server, >_> but I would honestly like to see them win a lot more. It has come to the point that the only time we get a major push is on tuesdays before peak raiding time, other then that, it's very slow and they are driven back to their graveyard.
    I think that WG needs to be ballanced out, even if it means the horde on my server lose a lot more.
    How the hell can that screenshot be real? Horde and Alliance captures NEVER can be more then 1 apart, for the simple reason that one needs to capture before the other can. Ok, some server restarts or whatever could make a little difference, but I cannot believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwise
    Offensive victories: Defensive victories:
    Horde - 481 (we are always 1 ahead, always) Horde - 83
    Alliance - 480 Alliance - 467
    to illustrate my point....

Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv
    How the hell can that screenshot be real? Horde and Alliance captures NEVER can be more then 1 apart, for the simple reason that one needs to capture before the other can. Ok, some server restarts or whatever could make a little difference, but I cannot believe this.

to illustrate my point....
    You are welcome to hop on over to Shu'halo and look for yourself. I can fraps the log book if you really want me too.

Not sure what their doing exactly, but the Horde on Bloodhoof pulls some sort of bullshit that grants them siege engines as soon as the battle starts. This in combination with tenacity, gets them a win within 2 minutes at most. I feel there should be a small period of time at the start of each WG where vehicles cannot be created. Even a 30sec delay could help stop the immediate siege zerg. At least we would have enough people zoned in to mount a reasonable defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Remember you said that next time your class eats a nerf so hard it's no longer viable in raids or arena comps.
    This wouldn't happen, ever. No class in this game are no longer viable in any raid or arena comps. They might not be #1, but they are still viable as any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    This wouldn't happen, ever. No class in this game are no longer viable in any raid or arena comps. They might not be #1, but they are still viable as any other class.
    With the upcoming changes in Cata I wouldn't be surprised to see hard nerfs while they get around re-balancing everything.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Sphincter
    Not sure what their doing exactly, but the Horde on Bloodhoof pulls some sort of bullshit that grants them siege engines as soon as the battle starts. This in combination with tenacity, gets them a win within 2 minutes at most. I feel there should be a small period of time at the start of each WG where vehicles cannot be created. Even a 30sec delay could help stop the immediate siege zerg. At least we would have enough people zoned in to mount a reasonable defense.
    Same happens for the alliance on my server. I think what happens is if the opposing faction looses a lot, the game tries to balance it out by letting them kill fewer players for the ranks, allowing them to build sieges faster.
    Just my thought on it.