Thread: Blood Princes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Blood Princes

me (hunter) tanking it with stamina (pvp) gear and gems and a normal survival raidspec. buffed over 40k hitpoints. the killshot available from the start makes up for the geargimp threatwise. the pvp meta gem with increased movement speed to get to those orbs even faster, and 3 points in rangetalents make orbhunting no problem. just make sure you are NEVER in melee range of the prince. our healers don't have a problem keeping me up.

Tried the two-tank strat, wasn't pretty.
    Had a DK switch to tank keleseth in some tank/pvp gear, worked better.
    We downed 10-man in about 6 minutes with essentially 4 DPS.
    Even got the Orb Whisperer acheievement.

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller
    Tried the two-tank strat, wasn't pretty.
    Had a DK switch to tank keleseth in some tank/pvp gear, worked better.
    We downed 10-man in about 6 minutes with essentially 4 DPS.
    Even got the Orb Whisperer acheievement.
    As long as the melee tank is not stupid it is easy. The fight is more about people doing their jobs than a dps race, as shown above.

15+ Year Old Account

We have cleared this fine using a warlock tank. he is spec'ed into demonology so his pet shares the damage taken. On the pull we have a healer dedicated to him, until he gets at least an orb on his he can take ~15k hits from the shadow bolt. Once he has all 3 orbs the lock dps's him even if he is not the one with the blood power. Even though he has only 1 HP he still builds threat. By the time he has blood power the lock has more than 200k threat. We do pop heroism on this boss since melee has no task outside of DPS with this boss.

Make sure he is spec'ed for the damage share with his pet. Make sure he continues to DPS to build threat even if he is not empowered and make sure your healers know that when he is empowered they need to cover the heals.

We actually did 3 heal this one just to ensure we didn't fail, we do however 2 heal all other fights to this point.

DPS Boomkin / Feral Tank

Remember that if you use a lock to tank, if demo or affliction you can use soul fire and soul drain as Keleseth is 1 hp while tanking it none empowered.

i usually can spend the empowered phase running around grabbing more orb cause i have so much threat and have alot left when he goes back to normal. just make sure you grab 2-3 orb when he's about to empower. this is to make sure you don't go under 5 while tanking the empowered form or you will get 1 shot

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

if ppl overaggro your warlock...they are quite retarded:P tell them to install omen.

We had the same problem when I tried to tank him at first. We tried letting our warrior tank do it, he couldn't grab the orbs in time. The solution? Tell your warlock to respec into every pretty survival talent in a 0/41/30 spec. A good spec will make healing very easy as the fight goes on (or give your warlock a fighting chance with a lackluster healer), and you can still tab target grab zillion orbs better than your melee can.

As for aggro, tell your lock to keep smacking keleseth before he empowers (keep dots up, throw a SP every now ansd then). Might also consider making sure he has 4-5 orbs right before he empowers, then right as he gets more than 1% health, tell him to beat the crap out of him for a good 10-20 seconds before going back to scooping orbs up.

If that won't get him a threat lead, I don't know what to say besides tell your raid to ease up.
    Yo' momma so fat, she needed two locks to summon her.

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller
    My guild has recently attempted Blood Princes and we are having a problem when Keleseth gets invocation.
    We have a lock who is playing ranged tank, and he seems to be doing fine with gathering orbs during the other 2 empowers, but once Keleseth gets it, he just destroys everything, including the lock who has 3-4 orbs on him, sometimes more.

We save BL for Keleseth's empowered phase, but that usually leads to some random DPS pulling his threat.
    We have the lock spamming searing pain (or whatever that spell is called) as much as he can, but it doesn't seem to work for long. Other ranged also try to drag orbs from the other side of the room to him to help him.

So, basically, does anyone have any additional tips for this fight aside from the basic strat tankspot, and websites of the like, offer? Maybe of how the lock should spec, what pet to use, tips on efficiently gathering orbs? Everything I read makes it sound so simple and the rest of the mechanics are, except this one.

One thing I was thinking to do is, as a hunter, to gather the orbs and try to keep Keleseth on me (with distracting shot taunt up on Keleseth when I can, while DPS'ing the empowered one). Raid buffed I sit around 30k, so I would assume that should suffice for this, right?

Any help is appreciated.
    You're going to want to use two tanks for this fight. Do not have the warlock tank. You are also never going to want to BL on Keleseth's phase. Use it on any of the two melee bosses, preferably Taldaram.

For your two tanks, have your weaker tank on Keleseth. For my group last night, we had me tanking the two melee since I am on a very well geared paladin tank, and we had our dps warrior with prot offspec tanking so he tanked Keleseth.

If you do have a warrior tank picking up the orbs, tell him to use his throwing weapon and it is cake. If you have a DK, he will be better at the job. If you have a paladin, he'll be exactly the same as warrior (exorcism cast time vs throwing weapon cast time).

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    Any decent tank shouldn't have problems holding aggro on both. Bears will hit both with swipe and maul. I'd expect most warriors to have glyph of sunder armor which makes their devastate hit a second target or at the very least they have cleave too, etc/
    Good warriors will not have that glyph because it is worthless in 99% of boss fights and you glyph for bosses, not trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    Good warriors will not have that glyph because it is worthless in 99% of boss fights and you glyph for bosses, not trash.
    the best warriors make sure their pet scribes have mats to craft glyphs and switch when needed