Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Patch 3.3.3 - Build 11573

Important - This news post will be updated multiple times in the next hours! Stay tuned! There is a lot more Patch 3.3.3 info coming!

Update #7 - Added the new model of Mekkatorque and Vol'jin.
    Update #6 - Added a small info on the two new mounts,
    Update #5 - A few more details on the Ruby Sanctum from Zarhym

Gnomeregan will be recaptured before Cataclysm!
    A couple of very very very interesting achievements were added to the game files with this patch. I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional but ...

• Gnomecoming King - You assisted High Tinker Mekkatorque and the Gnomeregan Exiles in the recapture of Gnomeregan's surface.
    • Gnomecoming Queen - You assisted High Tinker Mekkatorque and the Gnomeregan Exiles in the recapture of Gnomeregan's surface.

Apparently, parts of the pre-Cataclysm event have been deployed in this patch and retaking Gnomeregan will be part of it!

Blizzard didn't forget about horde players, it looks like Trolls will play a big part in the pre-Cataclysm event for the Horde :

New taxi nodes
    • Durotar - ET - CC Prologue Troll Taxi Bat Start (#438)
    • Durotar - ET - CC Prologue Troll Recruit End (#439)
    • Durotar - ET - CC Prologue - Troll Battle End (#440)

After going through the patch files I found a couple of extra spells that might be related to the event, see the spell comparison part of the new. Also, both Vol'jin and Mekkatorque had their appearance updated.

New Models
    A few extra models have been added with this patch.
    • Two new mounts, the Blazing Hippogryph and the Wooly White Rhino. Important - For the moment, both mounts are TCG rewards but it could change in the future if we consider that UDE and Blizzard aren't working together anymore. We'll probably hear from the blues about that at some point.
    • An updated model for Anduin Wrynn, the son of Varian Wrynn!

Spell Comparison
    So far it looks like the patch notes were accurate and I couldn't notice any new class change when comparing spells tooltips. I won't list them another time just to avoid confusion, the patch notes are fine.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

New Mounts
    • Wooly White Rhino - Summons and dismisses a rideable White Wooly Kodo. This is a very fast mount.
    • Blazing Hippogryph - Summons and dismisses a rideable Blazing Hippogryph. This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location.

New Pets

Ruby Sanctum Loot

Potentially Pre Cataclysm Event
    • Motivate - Motivates a Gnome Citizen to enlist. / 20 yd range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown
    • Place Poster - Place a warning poster near one of the green markers in the Valley of Strength. / 10 yd range, 1 sec cast
    • Place Poster - Place a warning poster near a green marker in Stormwind. / 10 yd range, 1 sec cast
    • Cult Disguise - Disguise yourself as a member of the new Orgrimmar doomsday cult. / Instant
    • Doomsday Messenger - Wear a large board emblazoned with a message about the impending end of the world. / Instant
    • Hydrodynamic Flippers - Swim speed increased by 200%. / Instant
    • Brilliant Tactics - For Gnomeregan! / 80 yd range, Instant
    • Boon of the Loa - For the Darkspear! / 80 yd range, Instant
    • Gnomeregan Overcloak - Right Click to don a cosmetic cloak. Will cover the appearance but not the effect of any existing cloak. / Instant, 1 sec cooldown
    • Orgrimmar Overcloak - Right Click to don a cosmetic cloak. Will cover the appearance but not the effect of any existing cloak. / Instant, 1 sec cooldown
    • Attune - Attune the captured frog to Vanira's sight at Vanira's Sentry Totem. / 10 yd range, 1 sec cast
    • Frogs Away! - Toss one of Vanira's attuned frogs at one of the illuminated locations on the Echo Isles. Only works when riding a bat. / 100 yd range, Instant
    • Vol'jin's War Drums - Play Vol'jin's War Drums to recruit Troll Citizens to the cause of retaking the / 10 yd range, 1 sec cast

Ruby Sanctum
    The new Ruby Sanctum raid instance IS NOT PART OF PATCH 3.3.3 but a beta version of the map and the loading screen are already here.

Zarhym also posted a few more details on the instance and the loot you will find here.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

• Number 2. The lieutenants are sub-bosses which will each drop an Emblem of Frost. Halion is the main boss. While the activation of Heroic difficulty is different from the Obsidian Sanctum, the overall raid format for the Ruby Sanctum is very comparable.
    • You're likely to find some random pieces of armor on par with Lich King loot, similar to the items Onyxia dropped while Trial of the Crusader was the top-tier raid. You can also expect to see some more trinkets and things of that nature.
    • This raid will not only provide a bit of additional content to pair with the current content of patch 3.3, it will be the beginning of an advancement in the storyline for Cataclysm.
    • The plan is to have a normal mode and a heroic mode just like Icecrown Citadel, so far there is no plan for a Sartharion +1/+2/+3-like encounter.
    Interface - Auction House and Random Battlegrounds
    The Auction House interface has been improved and now let you auction stacks of the same item without having to use an addon. The Battleground Queue interface has been slightly modified to include the random battleground and call to arms bonuses.

Patch 3.3.3: Frozo The Renowned
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    I'm sure some of you noticed this in the 3.3.3 PTR patch notes:

• Frozo the Renowned has moved into the Dalaran Magus Commerce Exchange and will be trading your Frozen Orbs for various other trade goods.

For those curious, here are the items for which you can trade your Frozen Orbs to Frozo. These each cost 1 Frozen Orb unless noted otherwise in parentheses:

• Crusader Orb (6)
    • Runed Orb (4)
    • Eternal Fire
    • Eternal Earth
    • Eternal Water
    • Eternal Air
    • Eternal Life
    • Eternal Shadow
    • Frost Lotus
    • Pattern: Frosty Flying Carpet [Tailors Only] (6)

Don't be silly, the Frost Lotus price is obviously a bug.

Re: Patch 3.3.3 - Build 11573

awesome! finally about time
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

Sweet. I hope it isn't a Gnome only quest though.

Also, getting free eternals (pretty much, a frozen orb is worthless) is gonna be awesome!
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

thank GOD! An easy way to obtain frost lotus

Ooo troll event! eeee I am excited!

Time to start to buy frozen orbs then perhaps =)

You have! You have heard any news from Gnomeregan!

FUCK YES ON THE GNOMREGAN CAPTURE! im suprised there isnt a troll one in place xD, bad1 horde but i suppose this isnt fully updated :P
    Classic WoW.

those 2 achiv just got me pumped for cata

15+ Year Old Account

Way to completly destroy the prices on every server on everything. I mean yeah pots going for 10g and frost lotus' selling for 5g may be good for some people, but why would people even want to make them for such a low profit? Lol.

15+ Year Old Account

F***, yeah!

Gnomeregan and (probably) Echo Isles will finally be liberated!

Every single alchemist in the game, when reading this, will probably go so crazy-nuts of joy, they will accidentally erase their alchemy skill for Inscription.
    Sneaky bastard who constantly wears Chef's Hat, or as I like to call it: The Hat.

"The only one knowing to not stand in a whirlwind is the one wearing a cooking hat?" <-- Question from healer when the other two melee DPS died on last Gundrak boss.

Deleted

Hope for the Horde side to be as impresive as Gnomeregan seems to be.
    Yay^^

Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage
    Way to completly destroy the prices on every server on everything. I mean yeah pots going for 10g and frost lotus' selling for 5g may be good for some people, but why would people even want to make them for such a low profit? Lol.
    So flasks go from stupidly high prices.. to being non existant. Joy.

15+ Year Old Account

Dude freakin hell yes! Cant wait to capture Gnomeregan!

Cerabret100

Quote Originally Posted by Solidmage
    A profit is a profit. I'm sure there are people out there who will most definitely take time even for a measly 5g.

Finally! Gnomeregan will be an AWESOME city!

The updated version of Anduin Wrynn is EXCELLENT! He's finally growing up! Perhaps he will become heir and Varian will be killed >.<
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

If they are starting the storyline arc already, I look to see Cataclysm hit in the summer, because they normally don't push these arcs more than 2-3 months. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a beta test of Cataclysm start in March.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks Blizzard for ruining the flask/eternal market.

Do you really want MORE people to buy gold to get their items?

Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    If they are starting the storyline arc already, I look to see Cataclysm hit in the summer, because they normally don't push these arcs more than 2-3 months. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a beta test of Cataclysm start in March.
    Just because it's in the patch files doesn't mean it's being pushed in the patch.

This is like the Worgen and Goblin masks.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn