Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Frozen orbs needing about to become mainstream in 3.3.3

Sold mine for 20 gold each.
    Had 142.
    They were usually 2-3 gold each on my server
    until this change came..
    Rather sell them now.
    Soon the prices will be low again
    and the prices on everything Frozo sells will be low anyway.
    Nothing but making use of a shit item,
    while making less use of better items.
    Way to go..

Quote Originally Posted by brianem
    Everyone on mine greeds frozen orbs. I guess I'll just start telling people at the start of runs to need them instead, so the "nice guys" don't get burned.
    This is what I've been doing since yesterday's announcements. Sadly, more often than not it's ended up in an argument about how this person or that is a JC and can get more use out of the orb than the rest of us (who couldn't possibly have valid reasons for wanting it).

Quote Originally Posted by Aegina
    They were usually 2-3 gold each on my server
    that's stupid ... they sell for 5g each @ npc

even if you buy a thousand of orbs for 10g each, you will not lost much gold because of the npc price

Need rolling was already fairly mainstream with approx half or more of rolls being need already, though out of principle I had prior to this rolled greed.
    Now I am need rolling along with the majority in preperation for this.
    Prices have inflated somewhat once the news hit, but I will still see if I can build up some stock of them, not likely in the thousands or even hundreds but enough to at least get something out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

on my battlegroup, everybody needs them anyway already (the way it should go, they are trade mats, not gear!)

Interesting that on my server, all orbs in AH were bought the second the PTR notes came up ;D
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

I love that every junior economist in the game thinks that hoarding frozen orbs is the way to go. I've got bad news for you guys, they're not going to be remotely as valuable as you think.

It's the same thing every time there is a profession change or a new vendor that trades items. Every bozo in the game thinks they're brilliant and has find the way to unlimited coin... they're going to stockpile whatever item currency the new vendor trades in.

Thousands of people proceed to buy up hundreds of that item each. The price on the AH skyrockets to it's highest just before the patch hits. The patch hits, and the price of that currency takes a nosedive. Why does this happen?

1. The item currency is still farmable.
    2. There are literally millions of the currency stockpiled across realms, and as the patch hit people flood the AH with their stockpile.
    3. The currency is more likely to drive down the prices of what it purchases, rather than drive up it's own price.

It's going to be the same thing with orbs. They'll spike from 3-5g to 35-40g as idiots stockpile them. They'll peak around 45ish the week before the patch. The patch will hit, they'll drop back down to 4-7g and the idiots stockpiling will take a bath.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Yea except many people still greed it as it is a boe blue colored item plus that is what generally heppened pre 3.3
    my realm needs on end dungeon BoE's since TBC (primal nether i tink i dont remember the name), my battlegroup started needing on frozen orbs after Random Dungeon Finder, if you greed it its your fault, you lost it? boohooo, buy it from me in the AH, anywy the higher they will get is 10G-15G
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Imagine how happy I was to see those news after Ive vendored 60+ of those past month alone :P.
    And in my BG everyone needs on them anyway too.

I've seen an increase of /need rolls as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens to their price when the patch hits.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US