Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Why only Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Simple question, I am leveling a Mage and One thing that I never understood with Mages is Mages have 3 AoE's, but will only use Blizzard. Is there a reason for this?
    it flip flops constantly. Arcane Explosion used to be the best. it was a lot of fun bouncing around at melee AE'ing groups of stacked players.

but blizzard right now is one of the most powerful ae's in the game. both in pve and pvp imo, even tho its a lot harder to use in pvp, but can be ridiculous in the right situations. i still occasionally use IAE in pvp too.

15+ Year Old Account

Flame strike rank 9 --> Flame strike rank 8 -->Blizzard --> ***Depending on your haste rating you either cast another blizzard or start the rotation over with FS R9. The variable is if the last dot ticks from FSR8 have not gone off and you are done casting Blizzard you recast blizzard again to not clip the dot***

for arcane mages that is pretty much the best aoe rotation you can have if the mobs are bunched up and not going anywhere for a while. I highly sugest going to the sticky on mage macros and getting the spamable macros for FS and Blizz to optimize the casting of this rotation.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Theception
    I just spam blizzard because, quite frankly, I just don't give a damn.
    ^
    This

It's trash... If your e-peen(is) gets boosted from being on top of dmg meter, recount, skada, whatever, then that's fine, sad, but fine.

I spam Blizzard on the mobs before marrowgar, to not get lolfucked by the AoE-death-effect-thing, I spam Arcane Explosion on trash before Lady Gaga, being behind the big black cows who cleave, etc.

In most cases I just don't touch a finger, cause 17 other DPS'ers are doing theirs to be on top of the meters.
    One word. Peggle.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo
    In most cases I just don't touch a finger, cause 17 other DPS'ers are doing theirs to be on top of the meters.
    One word. Peggle.
    You would lose your raid spot in my guild if you afk'd trash all the time.

You're not afk. You're in there, running around with the rest. Chatting on raidchat, listening to vent, responding to everything. U just play a game inside your wow client at the same.

I do this a healer sometimes, when we have a bunch of healers who all are active during trash. I mean, i could spam ch and hope i heal something through all the Hot rolling druids and priests, or i could just play bejeweled and heal when shit goes down or we reach a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Volirus
    You're not afk. You're in there, running around with the rest. Chatting on raidchat, listening to vent, responding to everything. U just play a game inside your wow client at the same.

I do this a healer sometimes, when we have a bunch of healers who all are active during trash. I mean, i could spam ch and hope i heal something through all the Hot rolling druids and priests, or i could just play bejeweled and heal when shit goes down or we reach a boss.
    Healing is one thing. If people survive and nobody is overstressed from you making them "solo heal" trash, no big deal. DPS not afking during trash speeds up the clear, and leaves more time for bosses. Honestly, though, if you're "watching" your guild clear trash, you're an asshole.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    You would lose your raid spot in my guild if you afk'd trash all the time.
    I was being sarcastic, i failed at forgetting smileys and the /sarcasm emote. My fault.

back on topic..

I usually do the flamestrike rank 9, rank 8, blizzard on trash pulls but on the really big ones I will PoM flamestrike pop my trinket/AP and AE the trash, it has a fairly wide range and I end up beating spriests and locks in damage output plus its kinda fun spamming AE and jumping around

i use all three on my mage

basicly my AoE rotation:

PoM (yes im arcane) > Flamestrike > Blizzard > Arcane explsoion for runners near me, if any > FS > Blizz > AE > repeat

and sometimes, i just skip the FS and AE and just blizzard all the way down keeps me @ over 1k dps on groups

note: my mage is only lvl 68 now, i havent done aoe trash since lvl 65 :< fricking internet issues AND long queue
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft. He has four dogs: three epic retrievers and one green terrier suitable for disenchanting.

while lvl'n i cast flamestrike(the long cast time gives the tank time to aggro IMO) followed by blizzard, seems very effective to me as my dot ticks off im pounding them with blizz, and it always leads to faster kills and bigger numbers so i can stare at them and ohhh and ahhh and link them to underachievers <<<---last part was sarcasm
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Lol on trash i do the flamestrike 9 / 8 then blizzard just to see all the numbers all over the screen
    its like a fireworks show of numbers ;D
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.