Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: The hardest boss of any video game?

It has to be, without a doubt, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xd73-3V6Bk
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vincemasta8
    how bout the original kt? or original kj(not nerfed)
    If we were to have a wow discussion, original C'Thun was literally impossible. Not "yogg+0" impossible, but literally unbeatable.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    If we were to have a wow discussion, original C'Thun was literally impossible.
    But not because he was hard.

Mother brain boss from IWBTG. Definately harder than the final boss. If I have anger issues today, it stemmed from that game, mostly from that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezmata
    I never beat Ozma in FF9 (the optional boss in Chocobo's Sky Garden). I don't think I'll ever be able to.
    Same. And I doubt I'll ever play FF9 again so that is likely to remain so.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by NonMagical
    Same. And I doubt I'll ever play FF9 again so that is likely to remain so.
    Ozma's not too bad if you take the precautions (All the friendly monsters appeased, status effect immunity, shadow resistance) But if you go into the fight with nothing, yeah, you're going to hurt

How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Baal Hell difficulty in D2.
    Fight him solo.

Damned mana burning whore...
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

Deleted

I'm suprised no one said Ruby Weapon.

Indalecio from Star ocean: the second story >.> he was a BITCH. His "hard mode" I mean not his normal mode, his normal mode is a joke. But with Filia dead... and on hard difficulty he is nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Retalius
    The bonus weapons were hard if you were unprepared, much like ozma, but manageable if you had the right levels and precautions
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Recently played through FF7 once again and defeated both weapons.

Emerald Weapon:
    w-summon with knight of the round and have one character with phoenix and final attack linked on one of the chars and 2 mime on 2 characters. Underwater materia helps as well.

Ruby Weapon:
    I used W-summon with hades and knight of the round. That way you paralyze with hades and prevent the ultima as a summon counter. You have to have the master summon materia for this which you get for defeating emerald weapon.

I did at ~lvl 70 so it is very much possible. Just have to be carefull with Aire Tam (materia backwards) which hit for 1111 for every materia on Emerald Weapon and if you keep Ruby Weapon paralyzed it should all be smooth sailing. Good luck if this helped you killed them but they aren't as hard as some other bosses in the game.

Demon's Gate is a good example just because the boss before that is really easy and you usually save afterwards. If I'm not completely incorrect you have no chance of leveling between the bosses and that makes it butt hard if you didn't do any side quest to gain any higher lvl. I did the Wutai side quest so I had the correct level to manage to beat it with ease.
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

shooooot... Mike tyson in Punch Out fo sho ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Almega
    Ozma's not too bad if you take the precautions (All the friendly monsters appeased, status effect immunity, shadow resistance) But if you go into the fight with nothing, yeah, you're going to hurt

I had the worst luck getting the friendlies to ever appear, but I was full of shadow absorption and all kinds of status protection. Still was enough to make me want to blow my brains out.

mike tyson is quite possibly the correct answer to this

Last boss in ninja gaiden 2 was pretty tough for me but partly cuz i had 0 potions left

almost anything related to megaman 9 is pretty tough

ruby weapon

the final fantasy boss from super mario rpg was pretty rough from what i remember

i say devil in gh3 can be considered a boss and it was pretty tough to beat

Alot of the bonus sidequest bosses from Final Fantasy games are pretty damn hard. Nemesis from FFX, the two weapons from FFVII were tough without the right set up...also Hell Wyrm from FF12 was pretty hardcore...he wasn't hard per se...but he had so much health that it took like 3 hours to kill it.

Albert Wesker and Jill Valentine boss fight in RE5 on professional is pretty tough...but not as tough as Ndesu the boss of chapter 2-3. Basically chapter 2-3 is a behind the gun chapter while you ride a jeep. On professional...one hit kills you. Unless you are really really really good...there is no way to kill the boss without taking several hits.

Also any boss in Adventures of bayou billy. That game is hard as balls.

I wouldn't count on their being a boss of these epic porportions in WoW. If you make a boss that requires 100% perfection with no room even for slight error...it will become an annoying task...especially when dealing with latency issues, sudden fps drop...etc.

Uhmm.... hello?

Final boss in kirby's nightmare in dreamland for gameboy advance!

Spent few hours straight attempting after attempting for multiple days and NEVER GOT THE BITCH DOWN.

Damn. Threw my gameboy at the window due to frustration, luckily nothing broke except for the battery holding lid. Now I have to use tape to hold the batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Retalius
    He was easy? Did him my second try. First being the first time through FF and walked into him wondering what he was.

10+ Year Old Account

The hardest boss i have encountered in any videogame are the ones from the Castlevania and Megaman series. Those are pretty hard to do, but not impossible if you know how.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Through the Fire and the Flames.

Quote Originally Posted by patpizza
    the final fantasy boss from super mario rpg was pretty rough from what i remember
    hmm, I should try to beat him one day without using the lazy shell armor. God that shell made all the bosses in the game simple.