Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3.3 - Build 11573

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard41
    Nice Blizz destroys another profession. First they make it so you can it easy to get Arctic Furs and now everybody has at least 2-3 bank bags full of Enchanting mats. Now frost Lotus are worthless and they are removing the CD on making the clothes (Spellweave, Moonshroud, Ebonweave). Dont worry Titansteel Bars are next. Maybe Blizz should reread there Terms of Use and see that they are affecting the "essence" of the game. I dont play WoW just to make gold but i dont hate it either.
    Well, we can safely say that another patch = another wave of QQ. Mission accomplished. In what way do they destroy a profession when Frost Lotus prices were at 35 gold in Ulduar times and are now at a steady 70 gold due to a handful peeps controlling the market?

Anyways..that is an example of my server and without even heavily playing the AH, just from questing, vendoring stuff and moderate selling of items I am sitting at 65k gold, epic flying on 6 chars and thing that most ppl just QQ for the sake of having something to QQ.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

I was excited with the increase to the drop rate of Frost Lotus coming because I knew while lowering overall the amount of gold I will probably be making with an item with a greater supply also creating more lasting price competition on the AH I would be able to retain a few more flasks without cutting into profits nearly as much. Unfortunately, to make these purchasable with Frozen Orbs makes me want to shift to transmute and drop herbalism. My professions are not terribly competitive unless I am chugging flasks and elixirs, which is absurd in most situations and still ignores herbalism having no real value except for money.

Now, I do not want to be doom and gloom about this since the markets fluctuate so much, but the only benefit of being an alch/herb was a reliable source of income. The change simply seems too extreme and players are going to overreact what with the influx of Frozen Orbs from what was gathered soon after the release of the random dungeon finder. They will not exist in the volumes everyone expects, but everyone will still expect the prices to remain so low.

A couple Frozen Orbs for each of the materials would probably have been better to not cripple the price entirely and not raise the price of orbs absurdly.

It could be that we will retake the cities during Cata itself, in raid content! Would be awesome. to have faction specific raids (though the QQ would be spectacular as well).

either the instance will be deleted (thank god), or it'll be somewhere within gnomeregan(think stockades)

Am i the only one who see the text under the picture ???

"Don't be silly, the Frost Lotus price is obviously a bug."

finally Vol'jin looks as cool as he deserves to...

actually.... one more thing must be done to Vol'jin to give him what he deserves....

Special Tusks! they could split out into multiple tips like antlers or just be emblazoned with special runes but he NEEDS special tusks

Stood in the Fire

Flasks are overpriced anyway and the frozen orb market is saturated, these changes are good.

Lol @ people who complain, overreacting much?
    Warrax, Worgen Fury Warrior

Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz / ASUS P8Z77-V PRO / 16GB G.Skill RAM 1866 / GTX 670 Windforce / Samsung 840 SSD

I don't imagine this will be on the PTR for long, the only things that need to be "tested" are the modified Dungeon and Battleground LFG features (which are awesome, btw). My money is seeing this in the next two weeks on live, since this isn't a major content patch, contains no new raids/dungeons.

You guys need to stop gazing longingly into Anduin's eyes. Here's the important thing. He is no longer a child, so THAT must mean the child invincibility shield has worn off, and he is now killable.

EDIT:Assuming of course that Blizzard noticed this so he'll just vanish from Stormwind and only appear in scripted events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

This gonna be awesome!!

im all for model updates but wasn't Vol'jin a SHAMAN?! cause i am pretty sure i remember him HEALING Rexxar with chain heal in those extra rpg missions at the end of WC3?! WHY IS HE A ROGUE NOW!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ryuke09
    im all for model updates but wasn't Vol'jin a SHAMAN?! cause i am pretty sure i remember him HEALING Rexxar with chain heal in those extra rpg missions at the end of WC3?! WHY IS HE A ROGUE NOW!?!?!?!
    Vol'Jin knew shammies would be nerfed come cata, so he re-rolled.

He's a shadow hunter.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Vol'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Saberoy
    Now I have high hopes for Anduin to become more than just the whiny kid in lore, and possibly a future strong leader. Let's see some personality instead of "Have you heard any news of my father?"
    Read the (canon) WoW comic if you want some Anduin stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tulduru
    He's a shadow hunter.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Vol'jin
    oh my mistake, who was the troll shaman that helped rexxer in the rpg missions?

Quote Originally Posted by dulci5
    I would kill for a Wooly Kodo.. Right now they're just big leathery beasts, imagine them with long hair all over their body and hair infront of their eyes, would be so win! ;D
    I've not had a chance to ready through all the posts yet, but wanted to post before I forgot about this post. There are currently wooly Kodos in the game wandering around the barrens. http://www.wowwiki.com/Wooly_Kodo
    Signature by Ammeg

New feat of strength added it seems: " Emblematic " as a feat of strength.

' Earn any variey of Emblem ' yes, with the typo included.

Probably Sen'jin. Who the village is named after and who died in WC3.

Am I the only one who is incredibly excited about the healing trinket?

Obviously, I'm only speculating, but if I had to guess, it looks like we're getting a pseudo-Wild-Growth effect on our heals, probably with either a 12 second Proc duration + 45 second ICD, or a 20 second On-Use effect + 2 minute CD.

Even assuming that the Wild Growth effect doesn't scale with SP, we're still looking at roughly 8k extra HPS for 8 seconds out of 45 (assuming a 4-second windup time to get everyone HoTed up). On fights with lots of raid damage (Festergut, Sindragosa P3, Anub P3, Twins, Marrowgar Bonestorm, etc.), the majority of that healing goes to Effective Healing. Even assuming as high as 50% overheal, we're still gunning for an extra ~45,000 healing per 45 seconds: 1k EHPS from a single trinket is awesome.

It's about time healers started getting fun trinkets - DPS has been getting them all along.

you are quite correct dude, it was vol'jin, but he was a shadow hunter, a shadow hunter being some kinda wierd shammy offshoot, his spells where healing wave, hex, some kinda totem thingy and some kind of group Divine Shield

http://www.wowwiki.com/Vol%27jin
    "A warning has been given. Their fate is now their own"