Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Minor Spoilers?]Retaking of Gnomeregan

It would appear that Gnomeregan is indeed being retaken. Of course, nothing official since this came from datamining.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/a/4786/gnomecoming-king/

Shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone, but some may not have seen it at this point.

EDIT: Posted on the front page as I posted this, never mind the man behind the curtain.

Re: [Minor Spoilers?]Retaking of Gnomeregan

Took them two expansions to finally try to kill those level 29 Troggs. Sometimes, Lore needs to happen sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Took them two expansions to finally try to kill those level 29 Troggs. Sometimes, Lore needs to happen sooner.
    Low level mobs in-game are NOT low level mobs in lore. Sometimes, Lore needs to be looked at closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiar
    WHY MAN, why?

Why?

why.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Valiriel3
    Low level mobs in-game are NOT low level mobs in lore. Sometimes, Lore needs to be looked at closer.
    True, but still, all those years, and the quests to kill Mekgineer Thermaplugg, and Troggs? Even if we were all the same level, this should've happened sooner.

You assisted High Tinker Mekkatorque and the Gnomeregan Exiles in the recapture of Gnomeregan's surface.

So... how far d'you think they get before the radiation is too much, the service station?

I expect there to still be a gnomer instance, but far smaller and be a stockades style instance inside the city.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Power to the gnomes !

If you look at the zone map just west of Gnomeregan...

http://mapwow.com/?lng3=52.196044921...5132336&zoom=8

...you'll see there's nothing there at the moment. With this area becoming flyable, I imagine that's where the 'surface' Gnomeregan is magically going to appear.
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

It wasn't just the Troggs that stopped Gnomer from being retaken, it was the radiation within the city... exposure over time is life threatening.

As the Achievement says retaking the Gnomer surface, it makes me wonder if this will be a gated event, where you slowly retake various parts of Gnomer leading up to Cat, by which time its fully recaptured. So there may be more re-taking of Gnomer as we move closer to cat. Maybe it'll be a new daily quest area (the event part), although I would hope that all levels can participate.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    I expect there to still be a gnomer instance, but far smaller and be a stockades style instance inside the city.
    This please
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    On the Horde side, the Trolls are retaking Echo Isles from Zalazane. He was only level 10, and in lore has been dead since Vanilla.

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

i hope that the gnomes go deep into gnomeregan and go too deep so they all die from the radiation, gnome race becomes deleted from the game and we get a better race

to be serious though i actually think its gonna be one time event (like scourge invasion) for retaking gnomeregan, maybe the same for horde but with trolls.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Could be they re-take the upper part of Gnomeregan, while sealing off the rest of the place due to radiation. That means placing a huge-arse platform across the space where some people jump down to skip a long run and placing a giant door between the already-existing camp and the same area as mentioned before.

There'd then be a door for adventurers to go in and smash stuff, leaving the instance smaller and slightly faster than before. But of course it could also be just the area outside of the instance, which I doubt it will

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith
    to be serious though i actually think its gonna be one time event (like scourge invasion) for retaking gnomeregan, maybe the same for horde but with trolls.
    It's most likely a one-time event, and the city -will- be recaptured in Cataclysm then.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    You assisted High Tinker Mekkatorque and the Gnomeregan Exiles in the recapture of Gnomeregan's surface.

So... how far d'you think they get before the radiation is too much, the service station?
    We can make cities float, im sure something can be done about the radiation.
    Another thing is that these are gnomes that we are talking about, 2 years is more than enough for them to design anti-radiation technology and equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVanquisher
    Yeah, about that.... the Frozen throne is at the bottom of Icecrown Citadel... not the top. Not to mention this entire idea is dumb as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    lol wtf is it really? cause im pretty sure its somewhere around the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    actually who the fuck am i kidding the frozen throne is at the top end of discussion.
    Hilarious every fucking time i read this

10+ Year Old Account

not really a spoiler since its on the front page. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Dytex
    We can make cities float, im sure something can be done about the radiation.
    Another thing is that these are gnomes that we are talking about, 2 years is more than enough for them to design anti-radiation technology and equipment.
    Well, now that Gnomes are finally getting a healer class (priest) they can finally heal themselves up through the radiation DoT in the city to retake it. You see, no other race wants to help the Gnomes, so they had to wait to get their own heals.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiriel3
    Also, this logic is stupid. We can defeat Ragnaros, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, Illidan, Kel'Thuzad, C'Thun, Yogg-saron, The Lich King, but we can't defeat Troggs?

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

nobody should mess with the gnomes...

I hope the retaking of gnomer is like the isle of Quel'danas, that was quite fun. Hope it will involve horde quests too if not i think blizz will prob do the same thing with trollsso we don't miss out on the dailies ;D
    Never argue with a idiot, they will bring you down to thier level and win with experience

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    Also, this logic is stupid. We can defeat Ragnaros, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, Illidan, Kel'Thuzad, C'Thun, Yogg-saron, The Lich King, but we can't defeat Troggs?

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
    Ok, so by your logic we should just remove all low level quests from the game and when you log into the game it'll instantly level you to 80 and you'll get the message "Thank you for playing world of warcraft - At this time there is nothing left to kill as all of the evil has been wiped out from the planet. Please try again after something new has happened."

The person you quoted's point was that sometimes you have to ignore logic and lore in place of gameplay. Lore wise, when something is dead it's dead. So, we should kill everything once and once only, nothing will ever respawn and we'll instantly get all loot that boss was carrying, as that makes much more sense lore wise? Riiiiiight.