Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

That reminds me of a few other bad druids I've been stuck with lately (mostly queued as dps). The common theme is their gear being all over the place (ie: a mixture of feral/moon/tree gear), and the druid splitting their time between nuking and cat/bear.

The cat/bear thing doesn't bother me as much... I suppose it might be a dps increase at certain level ranges to switch from cat to bear and swipe at groups of mobs, but there's no (decent) spec that benefits from trying to combine nuking & feral melee. I guess someone missed the memo about what 'hybrid' actually means. ;p Oh yeah, their DPS was predictably hideous.

1.Halls of Reflection

2.Death Knight Tank

> > >

Dont even need to combine em

Think I found a new one that lowered the bar. Joined UK hc together with a friend as DPS, and immediately after zoning in and before realising what the hell was going on, we died from Proto Drake frontal damage near the entrance. WTF? After asking if this was a failpug, I saw both the tank and the healer - aside from being idiots doing random /roll 10000s - were Kingslayers from the same guild so there must have just been some two idiot DPS that we replaced that pulled and wiped the party somehow, right? Even experienced players can't save some messy situations like two pets pulling an entire room of adds.

Getting back to the instance and into the Proto Drake room, the resto drood healer kept slacking behind. Ah well, a group or two can be handled with a Kingslayer even if he's in his offspec. It doesn't say too much but at least that he has half a brain - although his DW [Rimefangs Claw] raised some questions. "But he'll know what he's doing, I'm sure", since I haven't read up on Frost DW tanking for a couple of months.

After killing two groups and the tank nearly dying without the healer showing any signs of joining us - aside from half a dozen more /roll 1000s with his tank buddy, I popped a remark with the likes of "Did you guys get boosted to Kingslayer or are you just slacking?". Not nice, but UK should be like 10 minutes and I really didn't plan on spending two hours.

In the end the Resto Druid caught up, we went into the last group before Keleseth and apparantly the healer decided it was more special to help DPS in Feral spec. After dying I just gave up, realising the only thing they had probably been doing was to see how much DPS they were able to kill and force to /leave. Gotta love people nowadays...

Random Instances: Both a Blessing and a Nightmare.

I guess in a way this is a QQ thread, but hear me out.

I decided I wanted to roll a warrior tank to have some fun levelling while I was waiting for raid days to come along on my main. He's only about lv18 now so not that high and I expect to run into a lot of new players. That's also fine. I can deal with helping them out no matter what they queued as.

Thing is, when you get people who're queuing in heirlooms yet still manage to suck.. It just baffles me.

I queued as tank and got a group right away. Zone in, there's 3 hunters and a paladin. Paladin is prot spec yet is still healing. That's okay, spec doesn't really matter for the lower levels that much.. They're all from the same server except one of the hunters and they all have at least one heirloom piece on.

For the majority of the instance, the two hunters from the same server are standing around flirting with each other and the paladin is standing there /loling while I'm tanking ads and the other hunter is helping me solo it down. Most of the time I'm left with 20% health and have to bandage myself since the paladin doesn't seem to heal unless I ask him. Not only is he not healing but every so often he'll jump around, call his 'friends' homos and melee whatever I'm hitting. Kay..

The other two hunters from the same server decide to actually fight, but they both have growl turned on their pets and they constantly distract shot. I asked them not to do that, they stopped so that was nice. However I had to ask them 3x to turn off growl.

I eventually left the group after trying to talk to them nicely about what they were doing wrong and dying about 6 times from no heals.. They just ignored me and kept facepulling. I doubt they were trolls, they just seemed.. Stupid, for lack of a better word. I've had a few groups similar to this but none as bad.

Now don't get me wrong, randoms are great! I hated having to ask in trade for hours before getting a group. Rarely were instances ran on lower level chars because of that so it's nice to be able to get a taste of all the instances while I quest on the side. Maybe things would be better if blizz added small class tutorials when a person makes a new character, heh. If they already have it then I've missed it.

TL;DR- Low level instances suck with randoms, but randoms are still great.

Post some of your experiences?

Re: Random Instances: Both a Blessing and a Nightmare.

I've had similar experiences. Meleeing hunters has been incredibly common. Unfortunately the alt I'm currently leveling is on a BG where a lot of the people don't understand english, so even trying to communicate with the failures can be a pain.

The other issue we run into constantly is people who need on EVERYTHING. Fortunately I'm mostly leveling with a buddy. We kick anyone who is being an idiot. Occasionally we get them killed repeatedly first.

Hands down the biggest issue I have with random dungeons on low levels is the limit to the number of people we can kick. I've gotten "you cannot initiate any more vote kicks" before I've even initiated one. I've had times where we had to filter out 5+ different complete morons. I'm willing to accept noobs, but not people who won't attack, melee as a hunter and don't listen, or need on everything.

The biggest problem I remember experiencing as a low level was ret paladins. Just plain ret paladins. I don't even know why. Either I would be the tank and they would either a) have righteous fury on b) have a sword and board on c)pull things randomly. Or I would be a dps and they would be the tank and either a) NOT have righteous fury on b) try to tank with a 2hander c) not hold aggro... on anything. Consecrate anyone?

It just utterly baffled me. I couldn't understand why 9/10 ret paladins were so terrible. I mean I understand the class is stereotyped as being bad, but this was absurd. I couldn't even get a decent holy paladin for christ's sake!

This stops happening about level 60 though. Maybe it was just freak accidents... in all 30+ of my low level runs. ...

holy paladins who consecrate, hunters with growl on their pets, and not a one is focusing my target when I'm a tank.

You seemed fairly lucky in finding a group with stupids who, after about 3 times of being told, had actually listened and turned growl off. It's one thing to group with stupids who take a while to realize they're doing something wrong, and totally another thing when those stupids are opinionative to a point where they spite the group and start mass-pulling because you 'fail' to see their way.

It's the same with PuGs - They may have the gear, but they sure do lack the skills.

I were in an ICC25 pug yesterday - and we had a few DPSers only dealing ~5,5k DPS on Festergut, with a freaking 20% damage buff.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Yeah, I agree I got lucky with the hunters but not so much with the paladin. :P
    I even left and re-queued after posting this and guess which group I got into again.. Heh.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...-dungeon-tool/

there's a thread for this already.

Merged in.

yesterday I random queened my lvl 73 resto druid into a nexus run. I realized there was a level 80 ret pally in with us so I'm like "sweet, this will go quickly"
    but no, he was there to teach his friend or relative the ropes of nexus and refused to tank mobs, wouldnt dps to avoid pulling threat from his lvl 72 friend, was using seal of justice the entire time (didnt think anyone still used that shit) despite being reminded. all while wearing 4pc t10, a 264 axe, and completely clueless of how to navigate The Nexus. The run ended up taking damn near twice as long as it does to do it normaly.
    it had Ebay, or maybe troll written all over it.
    Originally Posted by Goretex:
    Science says many things that are wrong, I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket with science

Tank who refuse to tank HoR because we are going to wipe their precious epics and didn’t leave because he didn’t want to wait 30 min to join other party… I left :|

I would have to say a Strat run. We were 3 manning it (Only 2 of us were doing work). So we chain pulled, killed them all. As I am looking for my healer (he must of run off looking for phat lewt) my son ninjas my sword and kills me with it. Worst dungeon experience ever.

A repeated thing, I rolled a sham. Need BoA que to bunch of overgeared dps, and one fresh 80 or failscrub tank or healer pick one. dps doesnt (usually 1 or 2 that are way overgeared, just doing frost daily) matter. Get a few pulls in wipe to some dumb sh$% because A: the overgeared dps cant watch threat, pull off tank, B: Low geared heal cant keep ppl up etc. Then they (tank or heal) rage quit saying I cant do this! Leave you stranded needing a tank or healer. Reque for another 15 min lol.

Had a disc priest tell me to use Judgement of Wisdom for mana instead of his (non-existent) heals. I'm only lv75, and I haven't been tanking all that long, but I've seen the difference in how heals/mana works. Yeah, I can keep Divine Plea up during some parts of the dungeon, but not all of it.. and my spells are blowing a lot more mana than JoW is going to give me back. Anybody other than a disc priest, and it's a total non-issue, I'll be topped off the entire run. Hard to believe he's never heard that before from other tankadins.

Are disc priests just that much easier? I've tried healing on my shammy.. it can be tough depending on the group and the pulls. This guy was just throwing every shield he had on me and sitting in the corner smoking a cigarette or something... True, I didn't have any problems staying alive, but still. I know people have vented about this before, but this was the first time it was really an issue for me.

I did have a healer tell me a few weeks ago that I "take a lot of damage".. but it was right after a particularly bad pull and we all managed to survive, so it might have been a compliment.

Met one of the worst tanks in my playing WoW. This warrior was doing 322 DPS in H-AN (names editted to protect the gulity):

http://img10.imageshack.us/i/craptank.jpg/

I would throw a disease and get aggro. Needless to say, we wiped on the 2nd boss (not sure how we did the first boss) and I left.

Hehe.. I'm doing 1K+ at lv75, and I'm not even trying.

Had a priest get all pissy on me because I didn't pull a non-elite mob off of him after the last boss in AN. Yeah, those little 300hp things. He could have hit it with a stick and killed it, but instead complains because I'm not pulling aggro. I'm pretty sure those things target randomly when they appear, it's not like the tank has insta-threat on everything in the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by neuropsycho
    Met one of the worst tanks in my playing WoW. This warrior was doing 322 DPS in H-AN (names editted to protect the gulity):

http://img10.imageshack.us/i/craptank.jpg/
    something to do with weapon comp i'd say
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde
    Had a disc priest tell me to use Judgement of Wisdom for mana instead of his (non-existent) heals. I'm only lv75, and I haven't been tanking all that long, but I've seen the difference in how heals/mana works. Yeah, I can keep Divine Plea up during some parts of the dungeon, but not all of it.. and my spells are blowing a lot more mana than JoW is going to give me back. Anybody other than a disc priest, and it's a total non-issue, I'll be topped off the entire run. Hard to believe he's never heard that before from other tankadins.
    Using DP (and chainpulling), jow and bosanct you sould never run out of mana even if you don't take any damage. Blaming it on the absorb is just lame.

Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB