Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to assume I can necro this since it's a stickied thread.

My worse would have to be whenever I went into a group with a group was on the first boss of VP (Vortex Pinnacle) right when they came in they were bickering back and fourth
    "You can insult me"
    "pssh, yah I can"
    First words in the dungeon, during the 1st boss about half away in the tank insulted the healer again in mid-fight called her/he a few curse words. The healer stopped healing everyone and caused a wipe. Left the dungeon, not the group. The dungeon.
    We couldnt kick her/he, because of the stupid ass kick-system blizzard gots going.
    She/he came back like 15 minutes later saying he/she "walked it off" though I was the only one in the group left.

Stupid people.

10+ Year Old Account
    This wasn't really a "worst" experience, but it still baffled me.

Joined a Well of Eternity group on my Fury Warrior. Everything was fine until the Azshara fight, where the rogue was on her the entire time, despite us reminding him that you didn't have to stay on her for the entire fight to interrupt her. We down her, and the Rogue was vote-kicked out. Apparently the tank was a guildie of that rogue and didn't like that the rogue was voted out, so she left on the Mannoroth fight. I had to Fury tank Varo'then for a while before we got a replacement tank and finished the instance.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

It happened a few days ago actually. My friend and I queued for a normal random dungeon. I am a fresh 85, so of course I was starting the climb. Anyways, we get this asshole elitist tank. First of all I ask for 'Might' because everyone used mana and were basically casters. He turns around and says, "I'll give whatever fucking buff I damn well please. Fuck off noob." I shrugged it off. He then proceeds to start pulling like crazy. My friend who was the healer isn't exactly geared either. His response was,"get better gear scrub lol". Well, hell what do you think we're trying to do? It's a normal dungeon.

The guy was in some DS gear, but what made it funny was it was LFR. So, it goes to show you he thought he was awesome, but he had never even cleared any bosses on normal or heroic. My friend decided not to heal him and we just left. It was ridiculous. I really hate people like that.Those are the type of people that take the fun out of the game.

Mage in zul'gurub who joined on last boss...

Mostly epic gear BUT strenght gems that you could buy from thrallmar and hearth mending on staff pulling 1000 by spamming... Arcane barrage only and sometimes missiles.

After several wipes we kicked him and got full t11 geared shaman who just nuked the big spirit.

I left.
    Last edited by Guuggel; 2011-12-16 at 09:43 PM.

I got queued into a partial guild run for Heroic HoR towards the end of LK. I liked this place a lot, saw the group looked good, and was excited to do one of my favorite instances with a good group. We steamroll the first two bosses, then comes the fun.

I don't know when the trend started, but tanks would kite the Frostworn General back to the chamber so the five adds didn't spawn. I always found this to be a royal waste of time, as all you had to do was dorp some AoE on the spawns and they went down in 10 seconds or less. So I see the tank start to do this very thing, and I quickly typed out, just leave him there. Instead, the tank felt the need to drag the general back to the chamber, unbeknownst to the healer, lowering the group dps in the process, and eventually dieing due to no heals.

I proceeded to question the need to kite the general, "Hey, ya know it takes less time to just leave the general there and dps the adds down?"

Tank - "No it doesn't tard. You save time by not having to deal with the adds. So stop bitching."

Me - "Yeah, we saved tonnes of time having you die, and waiting for you to get rezzed up and rebuffed."

Tank - "STFU, more cuss words."

About this time, I noticed three of the people, including the tank were in the same guild, and I coud see the writing on the wall. The proceeded to vote kick before the escape from Arthas encoutner, but waited to actually vote yes until I had helped them do all but the last couple of mobs, so I was booted mid fight at the very end.

I guess this was one of those "sensitive, know it all tanks" I see a bunch of threads about.

Had another ***** LFD 10 mins ago. Ele shammy stole tanking shield "coz I need if for transmog". Same guy was bragging about the agi gear he stole from "poor rogues/kitties" earlier on LFR.

/facepalm

Bump!

Just ran into a hilariously e-peen-stroking mage on my rogue.

Normal Tol'Vir, this mage is in full 391/397 gear though. No clue why he's running normal tol'vir, but eh, whatever. Through the whole run he's bitching at the tank to pull faster, linking his normal mode DW achievement, linking meters and taunting me and the hunter, and pulling things over and over again without the tank (even bosses). Basically, being a massive e-peen flailer. Really hilarious, I must say.

After killing the final boss he linked meters again and started going off with "get carried, fucking bad dps", "uninstall wow baddies", etc. Oh yeah, because level 84 toons in quest greens can totally do DPS on par with a mage in full DS gear. Makes sense.

I mean, sure it's fun to join a T11 heroic or some other low dungeon and roflstomp with high DPS, but do these people really take pleasure in jerking their e-peens over people who don't stand a chance? Probably the same people who trash low level cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

When is there not a bad experience sadly? My worst experience involves those who play, and think it is okay for them to use PVP gear to cheat the LFD requirements (ilvl). The worst thus far was a feral druid who wanted to tank in all pvp gear, it was terrible.

Deleted
    Had to register just to tell this amazing story of me and my mage in troll HCs couple months ago.

I got pretty bad gear, blues and 2-3 zanda epics. Got ZG first with cocky DK tank, braindead ret, silent but good dps DK and pri healer. Before first boss ret died 3 times on trash, I don't know how but he managed to do it. Tank started bashing him and healer and healer retaliated, and then they just raged at eachother for some time before killing boss, with ret dying again. Tank continued bashing ret, and now he went afk and healer said he is going to stop healing, we did trash up to mandokir just fine and healer said 5mins later he is going to heal. But Mandokir didn't go without problems, someone pulled trash pack 20 seconds into the fight and it prolonged it alot, but we managed to somehow kill it too without any wipes. Tank bashed people again for pulling the pack and priest said he is going afk. Shortly after mandokir ret came back but took the wrong route, ran into trash pack with us on the other side of map, died and left. At this time our DK dps also DCs so its just me and tank. We clear trash to panther fine and then DK wants to solo it so I stay out and go grab a drink. I came back to see boss is dead, healer nowhere to see and DK dps back. And since priest was leader we could requeue for last dps now too. Rest of the instance went fine and I'm still amazed we didn't wipe once that run.

In ZA only things that made me cry were hunter not using pet and DK who couldn't find his way to Daakara from entrance so only minor things.

I was running End Time on my resto shaman a while ago trying to get geared up. I got grouped with 3 people from the same guild and one other person. For a tank, we had a prot paladin from the guild that LFD grouped me with. I've had a lot of trouble gearing up my shaman as opposed to my other characters because of RNG I suppose. So, the stage is set... a mostly guild group (potential disaster as many of you know), and I'm desparately hoping a piece of usable gear will drop. We get Echo of Tyrande as our first boss. Everyone does ok for the most part, a lot of interrupts are missed and people take unnecessary damage. Not a huge deal. After we kill her, Crescent Moon drops, which is a huge upgrade for me and I'm stoked because I'm the only one that needs it for main spec. So, the paladin tank, saying nothing, decides to roll need on it and wins the roll. At this point, I was a little frustrated but thought that he would be reasonable and give it to me if I asked nicely. I explained that I needed it for my main spec, and since he was tanking, it wouldn't be nearly as useful as other weapons for him. He then said, "So, don't I need it too?" I then inspected his gear to see if he was seriously thinking that, but no, his gear was stat-appropriate. He also already had a nice 378 tanking mace. I told him no, it's not something you need for tanking, and asked nicely if I could have it. He didn't answer and ported to the next area, where he started chain-pulling mobs. I continued to ask him if I could please have it, and eventually he stopped pulling. I went over to him and opened trade. He put the weapon in the box for trading and a split-second later, I was greeted by the message "you have been removed from the group". No weapon, no valor points. I was a sad, sad panda that day.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been leveling in LFD in the last month. My druid is 73, started LFD spamming at 31. Tried all 4 specs, I settled with resto/cat in the end.
    Boy, lowbies are horrible nowadays. Here are the shiniest gems I found:

* Hunter calls me an idiot for needing on dodge leather glove for my offspec. I check his gloves: he would get +1 agi and -7 crit rating + useless stats if he would equip that glove. I'm sure that's a SPLENDID upgrade, isn't it? I point it out but I'm still an idiot

* we enter BRD. Tank tells the group to use the mole machine to past Grim Guzzler. One of the players dies THREE times until he manages perform this very complex and demanding task. Bonus info: turns out he DOES speak english.

* group spreading out in 2 or 3 directions because "QUEEEEST!"...

* tank refuses to tank a summoned extra boss, which even he has a kill quest for. He stands there on the bridge and watches as I heal the mage tanking it.

* lvl 45 disc priest who thinks he's a brilliant healer because he can save tanks at sub 5% hp (and sometimes wipe the group when he can't) instead of keeping the tank topped. He's afk and out of range after every second pull, not healing nontanks. He wastes our time constantly, making us wait until he comes into range. When questioned why he does this, he says that he's NOT AFK, when he's not healing then it's on purpose because that healing is not needed and anyway, would I be so kind to STFU?

* I'm an idiot because I can't heal the group when they are 300 yards away (being placed at the entrance when the group is midway - I wonder why this happens by the way).

* Tank pulls all the caster packs in the square in Strat Living - you know, the frostbolt and knockback spamming mobs. It's sooooo fun and easy to heal when you get knocked down every 3rd second.

* Tank skips a boss to shave off 1 min, then the whole group takes a 5 minutes break to debate it. Tank wipes the group on purpose and leaves.

* Tank wipes group because a retarded dps killed the King's add (Cho'rush) and he wanted a tribute run for loot. Seriously, who gives a fuck about loot when you are lvl 45??? And why the fuck you kill the add when the tank asks you not to?

* fresh DKs who think that dpsing in blood presence is a good idea. And some of them REFUSES to change presence after being asked 5+ times by 3 people.

* guy who macroed /train on some of his abilities. I had to put him on ignore after the third pack.

* lvl 72 mage constantly oom, producing 100 (ONE HUNDRED) dps on each pack. He answers "NOTHING" to the question "What the fuck is wrong with your dps?"... Thank god for votekick. Guys like these are all over the LFD, I won't even mention more... I can't even begin to imagine how the hell can someone do 5-20% of the average DPS output.

* tank who doesn't tank more than 1 mob, refuses to taunt, paired with his friend who is not healing anyone but him. After managing to kill all 3 dps, they laugh and leave group. It's fair to let retards die to teach them a lesson. But to break a well working group just for fun? Fuck off, really.
    Last edited by Zka; 2012-02-02 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank who refused to pick up adds on last boss in h-stonecore, told me to instead move so they went through the circles(nobody is interrupting force grip so I am spamming GH just to keep him alive) then intentionally stood in a rock to die, refused to accept brez from feral druid, druid ended up going bear and started tanking while I tried to explain to the person who queued as tank that I can't tank, heal and kite as a priest. People refuse to see their ignorance drive me crazy with frustration, those people are what I refer to as idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Being stuck on the gauntlet boss in Utgarde Pinnacle for 30 mins because people in my group were so bad

Deleted
    Just got out of the HoT dungeon with Arch Bishop. Got grouped with 2 Turkish Hunters, who kept talking Turkish and insulting the rest of us. Using MD on me (healer) and refusing to dps. I told them to stop with the MD crap or I wouldn't heal them, to which they said "Np FD". Well this went on for the whole run and I just remained quiet until last boss. I let them both die, then asked why they didn't just use their FD. Then the remaining dps, the tank and me downed the boss lol.

What bothers me a lot about the cross realm grouping, is the fact that you get paired with people who either can't or won't speak English and insist on talking their own language in party chat, rather than taking it to whispers. So much grief comes out of it tbh. Would rather wait longer in queue than have to run with Turkish, Portuguese, Brazilian, Greek or w/e people. Why do I point out these people? Well cause in my experience, they are the ones who most often can't or won't speak English in a group. No idea why tbh.

Edit: This is not about racism on my part. How I feel about people from specific countries hasn't got anything to do about how many of them act. They actually tried pulling the racial card on me, cause I didn't want to heal them lol. After calling me shitnoob, bad healer, retard and many other things<3
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2012-04-29 at 12:52 AM.

Deleted
    Yesterday queued up on my druid for ZA as healer, hoping to get people capable of doing timed run. Got 4 well geared players, 3 of them from same realm.

4th player, warlock, went afk in middle of gauntlet before first boss without saying anything, came back few minutes later. I was "tanking" mobs few times because tank couldn't be bothered to pick up anything, even when I ran directly to him with those mobs on me. On first boss only 1 dps bothered to casually shoot at birds that carried people, resulting in me being carried by bird during storm, but we survived.

After boss died, warlock went afk again. I tried to votekick him, but couldn't kick for another 3 minutes. I said that in party chat, warlock immediately came back saying that he went to the toilet (yeah... right. I would have believed if he did it once, but he went afk twice so far), did some dps on next pack, summoned felguard, then went semi-afk, casting 1 spell every 10 seconds to make it look like he's playing and sending his pet to attack stuff.

Before second boss, tank didn't pick up one of bears, I couldn't tank it for more than 5-6 seconds, so it ate me. DK combat ressed me, we survived that pack. I had 0 mana... and guess what happens next. Yep, they pull the boss with me at 0 mana and warlock afk. I immediately left.

I don't know how people could be so incompetent. I don't understand how people can join instances and then go afk. What's the point in playing the game if he doesn't want to participate in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    * Tank skips a boss to shave off 1 min, then the whole group takes a 5 minutes break to debate it. Tank wipes the group on purpose and leaves.
    holy shit, this happened to me last week too ^^

Deleted
    Just did a HoT dungeon - did 42k overall. Rest of the dps was below 7k dos. including the tank.. not going back there

My worst experience is every time I get grouped with someone from a non-English language server. In my case these are usually Brazilian servers. The only English they know is curse words (which I don't mind, unless that's the only thing someone is spouting), and they usually suck at the game itself. I signed up for a US realm server because I speak English. One would think that I would get grouped with others who speak the same f-ing language.

I'm LFD-leveling a resto-shammy atm and I've hit the dreaded 58-60's where every run you have a brand new DK that has never tanked before. I've had unholy tanks that won't switch to blood, lvl 60 tanks that "just haven't trained blood presence yet lol", DKs that refuse to use D&D, death-grip happy blood presence DPS, etc., etc.

This story is 100% true

> Be 1 hour ago
    > Need to cap valor on my main (just 1 hc to go)
    > Enter End Time
    > ohgodwhy.jpg
    > see vicious pvp geared arms warr with 40 crit gems only and 41 points in arms
    > see blue/green geared balance druid in half feral half balance gear, fucked up spec
    > first boss: me 54k, 395 ish geared blood dk 21k, warrior 4k, druid 2k (he spammed wrath only)
    > at the end the druid asked if I was a GM, I got no idea where he got this idea from
    > Leave grp after muruzond dead (i didnt speak the entire instance, but was laughing inside how fucking retarded some people are)
    > 5 min after I zone in stormwind I get whisper from lvl 1 who appeared to be this druid, and he wanted my real ID. He would pester me all until I logged off. And I'm afraid hes now stalking me.