Page 1 of 78
... LastLast

Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

Title says all.
    I would like to hear your worst experience/s with the lfg tool.

to start things off.

My worst experience would have to this one Heroic UK run. My gf had just dinged 80 on her hunter, soon after she had asked me where she could get a new ranged weapon from, and UK immediately sprang to mind, so i offered to carry her through some instances on my pally tank, get her some badges to go towards some tier pieces, so i que us up for H UK, group pops immediately we enter and buff and we proceed into the dungeon. It was a mostly geared group aside from my gf.. the healer and one of the dps was in TOGC10/25 gear and the last dps was averagely geared so this was ought to be a fast run. we got to the room just before the first boss, and the little notifiction window to kick a player had popped up, and i noticed it was my gf's toon that was being voted to get kicked, so i clicked no, but i see the message "The Vote to kick has passed" "[Enter gf's toons name here] has left the group" my gf was sitting next to me, and went absolutely nuts. so i asked in group why they voted to kick her. the healer responds with: "her dps was shit, i could pull more dps by spamming smite, she isnt geared enough to be in here" at this point i raged. Ofcourse you could, you outgear her by a mile. wtf is with her not being geared enough to do a heroic...how else are you supposed to get geared.

Quite a dumb reason for being kicked from the most simple of heroic dungeons.

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

Yea people who think you should be geared for heroics are retarded, just about
    any dps spec can pull 1500-2k in quest blues and greens as a fresh 80, which is fine in heroics. Some people just tend to view any dungeon that takes longer than 20 minutes a complete and utter failure, and if something like CoS pops they're liable to jump out their window rather than sit through the 8 minute dialogue.

My worst experience would probably be in H Gund. First pull DK grabs all 3 snake groups, I wait like 10 seconds (I'm a fury war) before charging in to dps figuring it would be safe for threat. After like 1 whirl and 2 cleaves I pull a couple snakes off the tank, switch to def stance, shield on and do what I can to survive.

End up taking hits for like 7 seconds with no heals from the Druid and end up dying. Ok, I think, no problem he was probably overwhelmed by the healing on the tank. I wait for a Rez as the druid launches into some self righteous monologue about being responsible dps and not pulling aggro and he will NEVER heal dps who pulls aggro even if he's not busy. Mind you I didn't even say anything other than asking for a rez.

He then went on to refuse to Rez me, so I just said fuck man you can just 4 man the dungeon then for the next 12 minutes in that case, ill go grab a sandwich. He ended up leaving along with the tank, I switched to prot and we finished the place np

I think my worst experience was when 3 kids from the same server were in my group. They vote kicked the Tank, and then because Lead got passed to me, declined the accept button to LFG to get another Tank. I think they would've tried to vote kick me, but couldn't. Damn kids.

It's not my worst experience but one of the most annoying.

When DPS sign as tanks in the lfg system and your all there buffing up some says "Where's the tank?" you inspect the Guy with the tank icon on his/her profile to see that they are dps geared and specced, When they are asked if he/she has offspec tank they deny actually signing up as tank and claiming it is a bug...

10+ Year Old Account

It was 10 minutes ago, in TOC heroic

The healer and tank was from the same server/guild, they had rubbish gear and the other dps left because of this after they couldnt heal/tank the 3 Champions.

I decided to stay because i didnt want to wait an entire day for it to reset.

So i waited while the tank goes afk for 5 minutes and then the tank gets back.

Then suddenly i get kicked for no reason what so ever, i was 1st place in dps, i hit the marked target i hadn't even spoken when the others were arguing yet because some rubbish feature that allows people from the same group join the lfg channel as a team i get booted.

They should make it so only teams with 5/5 from the same server are allowed to remove the problem of idiots just kicking for the fun of it.

Waaaaaaay to many times that someone joins the instance, goes afk and probably knows that it will take 15 min before we can kick them. 4 out of 7 times it was the tank that went afk.

last night i was on my lock and we was doing ok and i was like can we do all bosses and tank is like no, i was like why not he said cause im the tank, SO, just because you are the tank what gives you the right to say we can skip bosses you can be replaced, why has everyone been obsessed with skiping bosses, when it takes maybe a min to kill a boss if that anymore, so the healer says qq just queue right back up, i was like im a dps and it takes 15mins between queues, this is some crap why do people do this its easy badges

Quote Originally Posted by notreal79
    last night i was on my lock and we was doing ok and i was like can we do all bosses and tank is like no, i was like why not he said cause im the tank, SO, just because you are the tank what gives you the right to say we can skip bosses you can be replaced, why has everyone been obsessed with skiping bosses, when it takes maybe a min to kill a boss if that anymore, so the healer says qq just queue right back up, i was like im a dps and it takes 15mins between queues, this is some crap why do people do this its easy badges
    A tank has 3 seconds queue, going around 5 mins for 1 emblem will take him longer then skipping it and going to last boss, getting 3 quick emblems.
    I admit I do it aswell when I'm farming randoms, skipping bosses just gives a quicker emblem/hour ratio then doing them :/

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by notreal79
    They think they are almighty cause wow lacks tanks...

Every time the tank is a dual wielding frost Death Knight, it is a new worst experience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meizor
    They think they are almighty cause wow lacks tanks...
    ya i have been noticing a increasing amount of bad tanks, tanks that come into heroics with like 25k hps and not heroic defence capped and wondering why he dies so quick

Lol'd at your post OP.

I did HC Occulus yesterday, we cleared it in like 13-15min and it went really smooth. Then when we try to open the chest, things start lagging and we're stuck there. Can't exit, can't move, can only chat. I did alt-f4 and tried to relog, but couldn't. So I sit there for ½ hour trying to log in while browsing mmo-champ, and when I finally get in, I'm falling through the world in Northrend.

tl;dr, really smooth run, then ½ hour game bug + no end boss lootbag + res sickness + repair bill for spirit res.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

I was leveling my hunter via LFGtool and got stuck with a the worst tank ever always saying "BRB 1 min" after evey mob there was, this was in Razorfen downs Btw, so i tanked the mobs ahead with my wolf pet xD and then when we´re downing last boss i get kicked.... i had been tanking with pet and healing it myself, i was the highest dps and no1 had died and I got kicked.... that really sucks. that has got to be the worst ever for me.

i was lvling a druid thru dungeon tool, well i was tanking for the quick que times and faster lvling. Anyways im doing RFK with a huntard, now i know people who play hunters and arn't stupid, but this guy was a real huntard. He was geared in int and spirit gear, didnt use his gun besides for pulling even when i asked him to not do that. the entire grp is asking him to please use his gun istead of melee'ing, he replied "NO I PLAY THE WAY I WANT!!" as soon as we could kick him we did then ended up 4manning it.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

A full epic geared deathknight from the ICC Dungeons with heroism doing 900 dps, afterwards he ask me to link the recount and after he says "I'm sorry my dps is shit, one time it was up on 1,5k"... wait wat ?

My worst experience so far has to be the LFG tool itself... I have gotten Muaradon about 12 times in a row, 5 alone yesterday, SM once, and not one ZF run since hitting lvl 40 3 weeks ago. The new tool sucks.

The huntard story sounds familiar... I was in a group awhile ago and there was a hunter in it with no pet out. He had 2 other guildies in the group, and everytime I asked where his pet was, no answer... I asked the group leader, who was a guildie of his, where his pet was, got the response of " no idea". Umm... you're the group leader dumbass, make him get his pet out.

10+ Year Old Account

I hate that tanks have so much power in these heroics. No one can speak against a tank or he will just leave. I have several times gotten kicked because of a tank disliking me and the rest of the group wont speak against him. :P
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    I hate that tanks have so much power in these heroics. No one can speak against a tank or he will just leave. I have several times gotten kicked because of a tank disliking me and the rest of the group wont speak against him. :P
    Well said, if you're a dps, you should not say anything that will annoy the tank or healer, you just gotta forget your pride and be their butler

/Off-Topic. Post Number 300 !!! Madness ?..... this is MMO-CHAMPIOOON ! /SPIT-ALL-OVER-FACE

I had a pretty terrible one yesterday, joined a random on my hunter (lv 64) and it was UB. We have a prety solid party (good gear for the lv) and kill the first few packs. However,when an extra pack accedentaly got pulled, a DPS ,the tank and the healer leave halfway the pull and left me and 1 dps (mage) with my Devilsaur tanking (we didnt wipe tho,but the dps and my pet died).

So, about 5 minutes later (pretty quick ,I know) we have a new group and we get a resto druid (also, good geared, even 2 pieces of t1) and...a int geared rogue and a nelf blood dw tank with double Lichbane on hit weapons. Anyhow, we continue and about 2 pulls later the tank complains that i should dismiss my pet or he would leave. So, I dismiss my pet after saying that my dps would suck as a BM hunter without pet.

Now, this tank didn't only lose aggro from the rogue (who, like I said, was int geared), he also took around 2 minutes (not exegerated) looting each corpse. After he dings he 'dc's'. After that, we get a new tank, and we finish the instance without problems.

Also, one time on my druid, 3 dpsers left because i hadn't switched specc from balance to resto yet and was teleported inside in Moonkin form.
    3DS Friend Code: 0104-0340-7272 ; IGN in Pokemon X: Spa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Stratholme was harboring Malganis Bin Dreadlord and had hidden weapons of Mass Scourgification.
    The Culling was a justified war.
    Andorhal/25 Never Forget

Funny that OP. I will be honest, I dinged 80 on my rogue couple nights ago and was generally scared of going for Heroics for that same reason. But I am surprised that no one has yet spoken of me doing bad DPS. There was even a group were everyone was in ICC 10man gear that gave all the loot to me so I can make some extra cash and gear up faster. Dont know if its just my luck or my battlegroup, but I have yet to have a group were someone rages over my DPS.

Anyways. I was doing FoS last night. The tank was pulling a bit too fast and the healer asked him to slow down, I agreed cos I didnt want to wipe. So then this 4.6K GS Boomkin starts raging at me for not havin enough experience and I should shut up cos my gear sucks. At the end of the run he was last in DPS meters while i was 3rd and infront of him. I cried.