Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

Today: queued up for random heroic, got Utgarde Keep heroic.
    Pretty decent group, but our tank didnt had righteous fury on and took all his cloths of, pulled few groups and left.
    Hmm okay strange... We wait a bit for a new tank.
    Tank notices we killed the first thrash group so he thinks we did some bosses already, he immediatly leaves to...
    Then our healer leaves, then everybody leaves,...
    Back in dalaran, 10 minutes of my life, wasted, ...

Levelling a rogue alt a few days ago, got dead mines. Most of the group is pretty friendly, apart from the tank who didn't speak to anyone, and instantly went to every tin vein we saw. this wasn't that much of a problem...until he tried to do it while we were in combat. We wiped, everyone went ballistic, to which he replied "YO MOMMA!" and left. after a few minutes of laughing about his reaction, we found a new tank and finished, no problem. and yo momma became a running joke for the rest of the run "Rogue, can you sap the elite?" "Yo momma!"
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

All of these stories on tanks and healers are why I can't bring myself to play a pure class. Highest I've got were level 66 hunters and rogues. I just couldn't continue playing a class that I could heal/tank with in case those players left or were shit or (before the days of lfg) were completely unavailable. TBC I was in love with my druid for exactly this reason, had dual spec existed back then I'd have been a happy bunny, would have made respeccing resto less painful for those SL runs.

by the way op, next time you join a group trying to help your gf get gear in heroics, tell the group what you're doing when you first enter the instance and maybe they'll go easy on her

Quote Originally Posted by astronomic
    Heroics are for noobies to get gear, so how in the world do you expect them to be anywhere your consecrate spam with a 5700 GS?
    Noone expects an uber geared paladintank to be beaten by crap geared DPS, but all 3 combined not to have damage to match the tank is fail unless no one had an aoe spell and the tank was grabbing 3-5 groups at once.

I'm 4.5 gs (never raided) and too am seeing myself more than occasionally at 40% group dmg done

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Normally i don't QQ about bad dungeon experiences, but this one still gives me nightmares =(.

So i queue for the daily heroic on my hunter and i get Drak'tharon. We had a Shadow Priest, Dk and myself as dps, Shaman healer and a Druid tank. The Druid switches to bear form and only has around 19k hp. I completely ignored this and just assumed that he was a freshly dinged 80. After the first three trash mobs, we'd had one wipe and the Priest and Shaman are arguing with each other about the Shaman's inferior healing (though really, it was the tank.)

We inspect the tank and he's wearing cloth healing gear. Why? He claimed it makes him "get healed for more." At this point, the Death Knight leaves. The Druid then offers to queue as dps, while we find another tank. The other tank comes in and all is well and good.

Then the Druid, in kitty form, can barely pull 300dps. He also has 46 talent points unspent. As we're trying to AoE trash, the Druid would randomly Cyclone one, let it wear off and Cyclone another. We kept asking him to stop, but he just kept doing it =(.

So we finally kill the last boss and i look at my recount. In the entire run, the Druid did less damage than the Dk who had initially left, before the first boss -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalectrial
    Normally i don't QQ about bad dungeon experiences, but this one still gives me nightmares =(.

So i queue for the daily heroic on my hunter and i get Drak'tharon. We had a Shadow Priest, Dk and myself as dps, Shaman healer and a Druid tank. The Druid switches to bear form and only has around 19k hp. I completely ignored this and just assumed that he was a freshly dinged 80. After the first three trash mobs, we'd had one wipe and the Priest and Shaman are arguing with each other about the Shaman's inferior healing (though really, it was the tank.)

We inspect the tank and he's wearing cloth healing gear. Why? He claimed it makes him "get healed for more." At this point, the Death Knight leaves. The Druid then offers to queue as dps, while we find another tank. The other tank comes in and all is well and good.

Then the Druid, in kitty form, can barely pull 300dps. He also has 46 talent points unspent. As we're trying to AoE trash, the Druid would randomly Cyclone one, let it wear off and Cyclone another. We kept asking him to stop, but he just kept doing it =(.

So we finally kill the last boss and i look at my recount. In the entire run, the Druid did less damage than the Dk who had initially left, before the first boss -_-.
    Wow, thats the funniest thing ive read all week.

I had a group of officers from this guild in my BG join a group for H.UP. The hunter had res sickness and cursed out the restodruid for not being able to dispel it. I should have left then but I didn't, they didn't participate, and all the while they stood back and furiously typed swear words at us (the healer and me, the tank were the only decent people in the group)

Quote Originally Posted by Zalectrial

that is amazing. i think it is safe to say that you win this thread, and all other similar threads.

Quote Originally Posted by astronomic
    Heroics are for noobies to get gear, so how in the world do you expect them to be anywhere your consecrate spam with a 5700 GS?
    I don't expect them to beat me. I don't expec them to come close. But i DO expect a rogue, hunter, and ret paladin to COMBINE for more damge than me. Ffs if thepally healer dropped con he'd have probably beat them.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Mines really not with the Dungeon tool, but I was in a Naxx run when we all wipe and run back. Well out of the blue someone ask for a summons. Says he couldnt afford a flying mount. hhmmm. Odd I thought. Well for some reason I just happen to click his name. Next thing I type in chat was, "dood your a druid" He replies, "so" Everyone in the raid starts cracking on him. Somone mentioned flight form. As soon as he said "what was that"... "insert name" Has left the raid. I immediatly get a whisper from him. Thats beat up yall boot me cause I cant afford Mount training. wow. Maybe not a great story, but still amazes me to this day.

I usually have good experiences with the LFG tool, funnily enough my worst random lfg was when I was queued with a guildie. He was the 'other' DK of our guild and had been in months before (I was asked to join randomly hours after I hit level 80) he was originally going to be maintanking, but after weeks of getting geared in Naxx decided he wanted to be blood dps.

Anyway we queued up, me as Frost tank, him as dps and we get an AN group super fast. Unfortunately for me this guy was an absolute Rtard, he kept deathgripping on pulls, dealing out 1.2k dps and every time I went below 50% on a boss he went into OT mode and taunted the boss off me with frost presence on.

When I checked his talent spec afterwards (never thought to look before) I realised he didn't have Death Rune Mastery. I couldn't believe it. Took me 40 minutes of explaining to him the talents he needed to take and what a proper rotation was (he thankfully jumped up to a respectable level of damage afterwards.)

Worst?
    Blue geared ppl who want to do achives and take ages when it comes to pulling.
    Thats by far worst experience EVER.

I feel terrible for what happened to you and your GF, that was very much evil. But enough of you and more about... ME! Because ME, my, myself is so much more interesting (In MY point of view).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, i can't say that this happened recently, because of all the terrible things i have seen they all happened a long time ago... Before the era of 3.3... (Which causes MY post to, how should i say, not belong here).
    But i will tell you all, readers and whiners, the story of Myself. Prepare for a very long and... longer tale.

This, or more accurately, these stories are much alike and i will tell them to you right now, right after this sentance: The following [enter]hall display an epic tale. (If i only could find it)

I did! Hurray for.. yes... ME! (thats the epic tale, now for the other)

One day, at night i was going the daily heroic... dungeon... The questgiver had told me to go slay the captured dragon inside of THe Nexus and bring back the twirly twirly thingy, Mc googoo of magic so he could make a stew for him and his pet, Stomach. It is living around his belly somewhere.. well hidden my a layer of flesh.

DSo, i had a full group after approximately 20 minutes and all seemed well. Until i noticed the lack of expierience with the tank. The tank himself said tthat he was the greatest of all time, blablabla and so on. But after we came to the first boss, the little frozen dwarf & C.O. the tank came to knowledge to go somewhere else for a while. During the fight. ANd miracously te healer left the group.

So, the tank, Mysel and two other dps went onwards (notice now that we did not have a healer and were looking for one) and to the second boss (because somehow we killed the dwarf ((ME)) after the trouble)

The tank, which did his stuff (standing in the corner and smashing his mace into one ((ONE)) of the mobs) and forced Myself to take action and tank. In dps specc. This continoued to go towards the third boss, and we had killed the second boss, without a healer, Me... again.

Everything went smooth until we came to the third boss and... stood still waiting for the new healer to come.

During all these times it was2 dps, one... "tank" and Myself as the... main dps (only DPS over 2k, yes, they had good gear... not the point) and main tank.

Now i am going to tell you how we managad so far, and killed the second boss. We had one retri palladin standing for the healing (of the others!!! not me, only in a few emergancies) and.... I was, am, will be a Death Knight, at that time, blood specced. Jokes on you, i geuss.

-----------------

THe other story is when i actually DID use the dungeon tool, on PTR. We had a group, tank went afk (or was it the healer). ANd the rest of us spnd 15 minutes in The forge of Souls naked, jumping of the edge.

-----------------
    (also, i tanked Mimiron when all tanks died, with my guild... way back in time.... not hard: not important

Now i am going to say, Thank you all for reading my post, reading halfway trough it, going away while having it up to get a sandwhich and then skip it because it's to long to read and yu dont have time, and for those who actually cared and understood that i was, am and will still be tired to the max when i am writing posts.

O NOT BE CONFUSED!!!!! I can still think while tired. It is only when i am.... stoned or something which i can't....

Thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbhawk
    I was leveling my hunter via LFGtool and got stuck with a the worst tank ever always saying "BRB 1 min" after evey mob there was, this was in Razorfen downs Btw, so i tanked the mobs ahead with my wolf pet xD and then when we´re downing last boss i get kicked.... i had been tanking with pet and healing it myself, i was the highest dps and no1 had died and I got kicked.... that really sucks. that has got to be the worst ever for me.

I had a similar experience, except rather than getting kicked, the tank and healer both quit, but luckily the second highest dps was a disc priest who was also doing 80% of the healing.

we 3 manned the place with no problems.

Disc is op for lfg leveling. Bubble the tank, than dps. Too many tmrw I've lead damage doing that.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    If the healer can outdps a dps, the dps fails. Almost always.
    When people say "you're not geared enough" they usually don't give a damn about your gear. This the way they tell you that your performance is very poor. I guess that was the reason behind the kick the OP was talking about.
    How are you supposed to get gear? You know there are normal instances you can run until you learn your class. You can even get emblems while running normals (2 per day + 1 per each boss in ICC 5mans). Also you can level your rep and buy lvl200 blues and epics from that.
    Way to go defending a moron you haven't even met. I am willing to bet 90% of dps-kicks from HCs aren't about performance but because people are asses. There's no point in doing regular dungeons any more at 80 'cept for ToC and the ICC ones. There's no way you'd do a normal random to get 2 emblems a day when you need 30/50 for T9-gear. We've all been carried at one point in the game, and the few more minutes it takes to carry a fresh 80 isn't worth the time it takes to kick, queue, get a new DPS and wait for the new DPS to arrive. And yea, I know how short time that takes. When you pull the "random dungeon"-option without a full party, you also pull the "I am willing to group with people I have no idea about gear or personality"-button. When spamfarming HCs you can easily get 2P T9 in a day. That option, at the cost of a few others minutes, is the way to go. Most people get alts nowadays to gear up anyways, and get carried themselves. In a game with other people, helping each other out is a part of playing. Unless the player is doing something that points to that it's their pet rat playing, there's no excuse to flame a fresh 80 in a HC the Dungeon system counts the player as geared to do. Don't like it, go play Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy or something.
    TL;DR: you suck.

I can't bring any to mind right now, long time since I was in a bad group. I guess quiet dungeons are a bad experience, tho. I bloody hate it when people won't say a word during the whole instance. Crack a joke, people! Say something about how ugly the mother of that vrykul must've been! Laugh a bit of the warlock that forgot to summon his demon! Don't just run through without hitting the enter-button one single bloody time! I needed a bouquet of roses for Love Fool earlier today on my druid, and figured I might as well pull a group of lowbies through UK to be nice, so I popped cat spec, equipped a brewfest stamina trinket for safety and queued as tank. (hey, are bouquet and queued originally french or something? Weird words...). I pulled, mauled and swipe'd, and nobody said anything at all. I tried to talk a bit, clicked swipe with my mouse while typing with my left hand(interesting experience, worth trying, ferals!), but people didn't reply. Boring as soloquesting. >_>
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

So I'm running my daily random as feral tank for quick queue, but I'm 55k buffed, so no worries,...

Get CoS, and I just /sigh, wtf, but I stay because I'm cool like that. Healer is terrible, druid btw, I get cursed and poisoned multiple times, but not once has the healer decursed me, twice I had to pop survival of the fittest to just stay alive, because not only is he not decursing and cleansing poison, he's not healing either.

But I live, it's all good.

We get through the inn, and start the gauntlet, that goes well, shadow priest runs ahead and starts spamming holy nova pulling in tons of mobs for this bad healer, I truly almost let teh priest die, and as it turns out, I should have.

We get through the gauntlet, timer is still good. Head to mount boss, priest activates arthas and starts screaming at everyone to come to him and that the timer is almost up, "follow arthas", so healer leaves me, and treks back to the priest... I die, he runs back and battle rezzes me then he dies after I die...

So, it's really not just the opening sequence that hurts, it's that people don't even have a clue about the opening sequence either. No one talks to chromie, no one gets a disrupter, no one talks to chromie on the path and starts arthas talking, no one talks to arthas in the 1st tunnel, etc...

And it really is a pretty dam easy instance too. I'd much rather get occulus than CoS, any day of the week.

Once in a while I get bored of tanking on my pally (actually tanking makes you pop a blood vessel because it can get really frustrating) so I switch to holy. I randomly get HoL, annoying but not bad. The DK tank has 29k hp, so I thought that her gear must at least be around naxx level, so the heroic was going to go easy. Yeah, she had 29k hp alright, with PvP gear. She didn't have any tanking gear, she was just using her normal pvp gear to tank. She was doing alright with normal mobs but with the first boss it was getting a bit hard for me to heal her just because she was taking too much damage, but hey, pally heals, no big deals, two flash of light and I have her back to full health.

It was getting pretty annoying though because she couldn't hold agro even against me, so I had to keep using my bubble every time it was up. So finally we managed to get to the room where all the lil rock dudes are...she started to attack one by one, trying to kill each mob. Of course all of us were like WTF? RUN! But of course we all died...at this point I was getting frustrated so I asked the shammy if he was resto offspec, and he is. So I switched to tanking and I told the DK to dps, her answer. "What's dps? I don't think I can do that." My head literally hit my keyboard but I decided to stay calm, after all...we were all new to the game once. In the end I told her to switch to blood presence and just kill stuff but of course she kept pulling random groups of mobs and also death gripping mobs away from me. Because she kept pulling groups it was just hard for the shaman to heal all of us since he wasn't used to healing much.

One player is bad enough uh? Oh no, there is more. The other pally in our group was bad. I usually don't judge people for their gear, so I don't care if he is mostly in blues and greens. But he wasn't doing any dps above 500, and finally half way through the instanced I asked him if he needed help on knowing what to do. Well, with out anybody noticing he switched to holy when the shaman switched to resto, to help heal himself so it wouldn't be such a hard job on the shaman, but he kept the same gear so his mana pool was still low...the pally had been trying to dps as holy. That was the second time my head hit the keyboard during the same run.

After more than half of hour we were finally on the last boss. Everybody died except me and the shaman and they died not even half way through the fight, so we pretty much did the last boss by ourselves. I'm sure the shammy was pretty frustrated like I was, since we were both ToC geared when ICC was months away from being released (not literally), I'm just glad he didn't leave and I'm still not sure why I even ended up staying, maybe I'm too nice or I'm too patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol
    (hey, are bouquet and queued originally french or something? Weird words...)
    Bouquet most certainly is. Queue I'm not sure about, but it does look French to me.

As soon as we enter, tank runs in and pulls as much as he can without dying, ports out... and wipes everyone.