Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

Quote Originally Posted by chorx
    I was on my lock, and and his GS is roughly 5400, nothing amazing, but everyone in the dungeon was 3.2k and below, the tank was at 3k, I was like "I'm scared of doing damage " and he's like "Go ahead, I might surprise you.". That group not only did better than 99% of my geared groups, they were all extremely friendly, and the pulls were very quick. What a twist, eh?
    the twist was your vw tanked the whole dungeon and you spammed lvl 1 shadow bolt

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    the twist was your vw tanked the whole dungeon and you spammed lvl 1 shadow bolt
    well, I didn't go balls out with seed of corruption spam, but I maintained a good dps, and was mindful of soul shatter, everything was smooth.

well, I didn't go balls out with seed of corruption spam, but I maintained a good dps, and was mindful of soul shatter, everything was smooth.
    j/w what class was the tank?

If you want to see how terrible some players are out there get RankWatch from curse.

You'd be surprised how many people with 4k and 5k GS are using rank 2/5 of some moves because of duel spec.

And I agree with above posters. Crushridge = Horrible players.

Warrior, and the healer was a pally.

10+ Year Old Account

If your GF was doing under 2k dps then yes

If she was doing over 2.5k at newbie level 80 then its ok

I seen 75 hunters do 3k dps using all cooldowns, if she was doing under 2k then she must learn how to play Wow
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Warrior, and the healer was a pally.
    something deep deep down inside me wants to call shenanigans. If the gear diff was ass huge as you say you would have to wait about 5 secs before even casting a spell/dot for him to keep aggro

My worst experiences come from people abusing vote to kick, not on myself so much but, for example; today i did the daily (UK) and we had a great group, was going really well but our ret was clearly a fresh 80 and didnt do much damage (he did 1.9k dps but he had 2.5k GS), i thought this was fine however since the other guys made up for it and he was bubbling them when they pulled, dispelling and doing all kinds of neat tricks he had obviously took the time to learn from forums or friends, you know - one of those noobs who is really trying to get some gear and l2p. One pack before the boss he says "sorry guys i really need to goto the toilet, ill be 30secs max". Tank starts votekick. Other two morons click yes. I said in chat "guys wtf he said brb" the tanks only reply and the single word he said in the whole instance was "so?", we kill the boss - he needs to epic and the bop blue (orbs are all need on my bg). Im pretty miffed at this point, i asked why he was such an ass to random strangers and one of the dps just says "he's a tank man".

sadface?

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    something deep deep down inside me wants to call shenanigans. If the gear diff was ass huge as you say you would have to wait about 5 secs before even casting a spell/dot for him to keep aggro
    well, as affliction you don't have a ton of up front threat, and on bosses, like I said, I was very mindful of soul shatter. By no means was I saying his TPS was higher than mine, but the point I am trying to convey is that, that group ended up going much quicker, then most normal geared groups, and on top of that, it was a good experiance because they were friendly.

On a side note, I think everyone I've grouped with from illidan, has been an elitist, whiny, twat. A lot of "I could do more dps than you if I was trying" people. I don't understand the need to bring up dps in heroics, let alone be so offended that you're not on top, mention that you aren't trying.

because i iz ret paladin and like being on top in heroics. cause once i get in raid warrior/rogue/unholy dk kick my ass

This wouldn't be my worst experience, but it still qualifies since it ticked me off.

Now, I'm not a raider, unfortunately (RL doesn't allow it), but I can hold my own. I can even say I'm a pretty decent player, even though my gear might contradict me (GS BELOW 9000?!?!?!?!?! WTF R U DOIGN !=!)!)!)9")"(=="????!?!=?!?=!). Anyway, with the LFD tool I always get queued up as a healer since very few players actually want to heal these days. Fair enough, I can handle it.

The moment I zone into Gundrak, the group is way ahead of me, and a DPS (might've been a warlock, don't remember) starts yelling at me for not catching up. Well, since I'm running at the same pace as you guys are (I hadn't even buffed up, dammit...), you're not giving me a chance, are you?

At the start I had to blow a few cooldowns 'cause the tank had pulled the entire first hallway, and a DPS had pulled aggro and was insta-gibbed. So I start typing out an apology for not being fast enough, and the DPS starts yelling about reviving him so they can continue. Fine, jeez. So I revive him and off they run like a boulder is chasing them.

When I had the time to settle into their pace, the run went fast and smooth. They were guildies and knew each others' playstyles very well, and as soon as I caught up with them it got very much easier to heal.

Now, I don't mind people who do speedruns, but at the very least have the decency to ask the other players if they want to? Some people won't be experienced enough or even up for it. I'm an experienced player and it still caught me off guard. While I tank with my paladin I usually ask if people want speedruns, and ajust accordingly.

Oh, and another anecdote I'd like to share:

While I was gearing my tankerdin, I tried for ToC normal. Not a big deal, and sure it was hard back then, but most people took a single look at my healthbar and ended up saying (and it wasn't even this polite, I might add) something like "Are you kidding?"

I wasn't def-capped, and I ran around with 17k health. I figured it was plenty since I could hold threat well and I could still use defensive cooldowns. But no, the other people, mostly DPS, would ragequit about my stats. Those who stayed could testify that while it wasn't easy, it was certainly manageable.

And now I read threads about "terribads" (which is an awfully ugly word) who aren't even fit to tank heroics if they can't boast more than 30k health unbuffed. Sure, HoR is harder than most heroics, but I can tank it fairly easily. It'd be really fun to join a group with some of you people, since I probably scratch 33k unbuffed. I'd probably get vote-kicked before I can even say "ready?" (yes, I'm one of those old-skool gamers that like to be polite and have a good time while playing a game).

I think it's very fun to see people completely crippled if they're not carried in some way. If I have to actually work to keep people alive, hey, it's great! I might fail the first time, but that's 'cause I get complacent. I get better though. It's gonna be fun to level in Cata, when the new instances are kicking our arses since it's the first time we get there. I'll love to see people ragequitting since we can't carry more than ourselves.
    Bad, adj.: subjective word carrying a negative connotation, used to apply negative affections on another word; That was a bad film!

Not used as a noun; He's a bad.

Get your grammar on.

I was on my lock, and and his GS is roughly 5400, nothing amazing, but everyone in the dungeon was 3.2k and below, the tank was at 3k, I was like "I'm scared of doing damage " and he's like "Go ahead, I might surprise you.". That group not only did better than 99% of my geared groups, they were all extremely friendly, and the pulls were very quick. What a twist, eh?
    I've had that happen. In fact, I've been the tank saying something like it. It's fun to see how people get amazed by skill once they forget about GS.
    Bad, adj.: subjective word carrying a negative connotation, used to apply negative affections on another word; That was a bad film!

Get your grammar on.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX
    I'm going to try and say this as gently but directly as possible so appologies in advance if I offend you.

* Tanks at level 70 in black temple had 20k health.
    * All tanks should be defense capped or as close as they can get to it for raid content.

I would highly recommend trying to get to at least 25-30k unbuffed health, and 540 defense skill / 689 defense rating, before tanking ToC 10-man.

In my case I'd say "I'll get my tank, he can go dps" and keep you in the group but I can understand the dps wanting to leave if they saw a tank with those stats. They may be fine for heroics but you need to remember that while gear is very easy to get now ToC 10-man is 3-4 tiers above heroics.

Good luck in future tanking once your gear improves.
    My turn to apologise: I meant the 5-man dungeon, and not the raid. I'd never set foot in a raid if I wasn't def-capped. Trust me, I've been playing since the first beta, so I know I can't stand before something in a raid without the proper def. Heroics could work, but not a raid.

Again, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. :P

Get your grammar on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes

I really, really, REALLY wish there was a "no DK" button for random dungeons. I would GLADLY wait 20 minutes longer to be assured I would have no DKs in my group. What a worthless class played by complete idiots.
    Im not sure i hate DK's with as much passion as you obviously have lol ive met some great lvl 80 DK tanks in fact our RL is a DK tank and one of the best ive ever seen....

THAT being said when i run my alt lvl 60 and get a DK tank i die a little on the inside.......havent seen a decent one yet and has always ended in the group disbanding.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    I really, really, REALLY wish there was a "no DK" button for random dungeons. I would GLADLY wait 20 minutes longer to be assured I would have no DKs in my group. What a worthless class played by complete idiots.
    An 80 paladin with full emblem gear didn't know that he could dispel magic.
    "OMG, NO MORE PALADINS THEY R TEH SUX!"

I was tanking SM: Cathedral with my Druid alt. The group was pretty well balanced between classes, and everything seemed okay for the first couple of pulls. Then, the healer asked the mage for drinks. The healer wasn't really nice about asking it, and started dissing the mage when s/he didn't answer right away. The mage then refused to give water to this healer, and the healer refused to heal the mage. At this point, I did a small and quick facepalm, but let it be.

During the instance they made a small pact of peace, which didn't last really long. I started pulling the insides of the Cathedral, when the fight between the mage and the healer erupted again, seemingly over nothing. The healer then refused to heal anyone, we wiped, and s/he got kicked out of the group. Apparentley, a hunter that was also with us, was friends with the healer that left. We tried to put us in the que for another healer, but the hunter declined it twice, and refused to leave the group. We couldn't kick the guy, and so he started pulling and that lead to another wipe.

The group leader was a warrior, and for whatever the reason, he didn't put us back in the que. Instead, he pulled the boss, which resulted in another wipe. Needless to say, I was pretty stressed out at this point already.

Finally, after doing some angry whispers with the warrior, who thought I was the group leader, he put me in charge of queueing. We found a new healer, while we were killing some more trash inside the Cath. The moment the healer joined, warrior suddenly got the idea that he's an immortal soldier of death, and pulled the boss again, without letting the healer come inside first. We wiped, and at this point, I left the group. Some people.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips
    THAT being said when i run my alt lvl 60 and get a DK tank i die a little on the inside.......havent seen a decent one yet and has always ended in the group disbanding.
    Would guess that has something to do with them not having all their skills and not that much experience around lvl 60, try doing some RFC with lvl 15 toon and I guess youll meet lots of "interesting" people

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips
    Im not sure i hate DK's with as much passion as you obviously have lol ive met some great lvl 80 DK tanks in fact our RL is a DK tank and one of the best ive ever seen....

Some of the best players in the world are Death Knights. Most of the worst players in the world are Death Knights.

Well, I just started playing again a few days ago (my PC was down and I ended up upgrading it and replacing everything but my HD with better parts.) and it was the first I had used the dungeon finder tool. So mind you I hadn't played in 2 months. I am Resto/Boomkin on my Druid.

My husband has a Prot warrior (he re-rolled from Priest) and LOVES it, so we qued and did several dungeons in a row. Usually I'll go as Resto because I Love healing but sometimes when it gets late I worry about being too sleepy to heal an instance. Everytime I've queued as a Boomkin except twice (out of probably 10 times) The healer couldn't handle the pressure and either left or I got fed up and ended up switching to Resto and healing the rest of the instance. Mind you, that happened during Pit of Satheron or whatever it's called... The healer was a Resto Druid with better gear than me, (at least 1k GS better.) I took over as heals and we had no problems after that.

My hubby's warrior is Def capped with 41k HP unbuffed. I don't see why the other Druid was having a hard time, but really... Can't I DPS without having to change specs to save the group from terrible healers?

Oh, and the other day we did UK with a hunter who did less than 1k DPS the entire instance. He died once during the one boss that you have to shoot the harpoons at... He released then came back inside during the fight and reset the boss to full health... We downed him anyways even with the mage (who was doing the most dmg) and I oom. Then he didn't answer anyone when we asked where he was... Finally he sent a tell to my husband and said he was lost so my hubby went to go get him...

After we downed the last boss my husband realized that the hunter was botting... Smart actually, he had my hubby (the tank) on follow and anytime my husband attacked something he'd assist and auto shoot the mob... Mind you we didn't even realized that it had happened until we downed the last the last boss and the hunter didn't roll on loot at all even though the boss had dropped that nice hunter belt and the hunter was wearing that blue BOE belt.

Last night I joined a FoS(I'm a tank) and i get grouped with a guilded rogue and shaman, and random Druid heals/dk dps. I take a look at the Druids gear and start pulling, healing is smooth and everything, but I notice the pull is taking a really really long time. I pull up recount and see the dk dps and rogue hovering around 2-3k, not great but whatever, and the shaman down around 700.

So I inspect so shaman and the guy is in all enhancement pieces with a spell damage staff, specced elemental. I call him out on it, not rudely just asking if he maybe forgot to switch gearset or something. He says no, I'm just trying elemental for the night. I say something along the lines of, "itd be nice if you collected a gearset for a certain spec before you join random groups as it"

Nobody says anything, next pull I notice no totems down so I ask if the shaman would mind throwing them down to buff the groups dps a little. At this point the rogue from his guild goes nuts, calling me all sorts of names and saying I should chill the fuck out and stop rushing it's just a heroic. I respond that I was simply requesting a totem drop from a shaman, a pretty fair request IMO (I didn't press the shaman's gear issue any further, but I imagine he was butthurt over being called out on his enhance geared elemental set)

so in conclusion we limp through 3-4 pulls over 15 minutes, they try to votekick me and get refuted by the healer and dk, then we turn around and kick the shaman and the rogue drops. Funtimes.