Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

Halls of reflection Heroic as warrior tank enough said?

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes
    Warriors actually have some of the best aoe tanking tools available.

Mine is more of a funny experience rather than a worst but i will post it anyway :P

Was in the occulus and with 2 other guildies, i was tanking and we had 2 random DPS from another server. One was a Enhancement Shaman and the other was a DK and overall we spent around an hour in there because their dps was only around 900. The Shaman gave us bloodlust every 10mins on trash but never on the boss and kept wandering off and getting killed on his drake (lolz).

While we were waiting for the shaman to ress again, we put down a fish feast on next to the first set of construct trash and i said to the DK that he should eat the fish and he said no because he doesnt need any buff food.

We were laughing so hard then the cleared the trash and moved onto the boss so we mounted our drakes and flew to him, out of amazement the shaman died on the way so we waited for him to come back but that took like 5 mins because he got lost inside, he eventually got to us and we cleared the boss and flew up to the mage boss. I hit him, the trash spawned and boom! we got bloodlust again on trash.

When we got to the boss and killed him, the shaman and DK stood in the frost aura thing and died, we ressed the DK but the shaman released, came in and got lost again. So we got to the last boss, the DK and shaman didnt use the temporal rift thing that amber drakes have, instead they just spammed shock lance then when the boss shifted into the astral plane the Shaman died from the orbs and fell to the bottom and asked for a ress, then the DK landed next to the boss and tried to loot the dragon instead of the chest. I really laughed so much and i will never forget it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes
    Its actually piss easy if you dont use line of sight tactic and stop trying to tank like a paladin.

HoR is actually an immense amount of fun tanking as a warrior, I generally dont tank heroics, even though my MS is Protection, I do it for a living in the guild raids, so I see heroics as a nice break to wip out some fury.... I will however, quite happily tank HOR.

My worst experience wasnt that far away, few weeks ago, I have been leveling a druid tree and pretty much been leveling it from healing services in groups. I've had some up and downs, we all do, but one that particular stands out was a lovely trip to black rock depths when I was freshly dinged to meet that level requirement (cant remember what it was).

I had already done 1 run, it went rather well healed a warrior only a level higher than me. I wasn't particularly geared well, I had not been that lucky with drops, which is my life story in this game... Anyway, the group was set up as a paladin tank, 2 mages, rogue and myself, I had been questing so I was using my boomkin offspec.

I joined the group, and said hi, 2 secs i need to switch to healing spec. I pressed enter, and noticed the paladin started to pull, 2 mobs at start, np in boomkin spec, but the twat decided to grab half the starting area, i managed to keep him alive just but both mages died...

I get a ton of abuse, the rogue pipes up and says guys he said he needed to change spec so why didnt you let him? A bit of bickering, and I had run back and quickly changed spec. I suddenly noticed that neither mage or the paladin had released. The rogue appears next to me who had also run.

So i sit down, start drinking. I tell the group "ffs guys run, its alot quicker than ressing" to which the paladin explains that I got a res button, so I have to make use of it. I just sigh and res them but while doing so express my feelings about the situation, and explain to the paladin that if he does a stupid pull like that again and we wipe, its his turn to res. I get called a variety of names by 1 of the mages. So we buff up and after given up asking for wisdom and not strength from the paladin, I give up and just get them to pull.

It starts of ok, Paladin pulls 1 group, No healing issues whatsoever, his life doesnt dip below 80%. Few more pulls, and he decides that because the fact he isnt dying or loosing much heal he would tank in retri gear. I ask him not to, but I am insulted and told to stfu and heal.

Suprisingly, and i seriously didnt see this coming :, not only did he go down like a sack of sh*t but he couldnt hold threat at all and after spam healing the entire group to the best of my abilitys both mages and the paladin go down. I then get spammed by "ffs heal!!!" type of messages, but I was able to keep the rogue up enough to avoid a complete wipe.

Completely out of mana, I try to calm the group, we was very much near the end as it was only the prison bit. I ask the 2 mages to use CC if the paladin really must go retribution as i cant keep 2 mages, a rogue and a paladin alive at the same time. This is ofcourse completely down to my skill level and I get told that if I fuck up again I will be kicked. I request the paladin change back to protection stuff and explain that unless he does im staying in cat form and invisible until they either leave, kick me or just fucking do this properly.

So he agrees, I res them and buff them. I literally click my drink button and he pulls. Neither mage has full mana, I have squat all either. I down a potion and manage to keep the group alive. I get told I was a sh*t healer again. I explain the mana mechanics to him and i get a ton of abuse about being a jew and how he had wished hitler was here. then both mages piped up and it all started to get out of hand with the insults.

The paladin pulls a massive group right by the boss agian, I manage to keep everyone bar 1 of the mages alive.

The mage absolutely flips at me and rage quits, I get abuse from the paladin, and the other mage, both quit leaving me and the rogue.

We have abit of a chat, and he is up for trying to tank the boss pull while i try to heal him.

We actually manage it, we got our daily done and we had a giggle about the nabs...

Definitely the hunter in my Heroic ToC 5-man that did 700 dps. At the end of the run, I wondered how this was possible so I look at his recount and I could not tell from his abilities what spec he was. He never used Black Arrow, Explosive Shot, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, and to top it off he had no pet. The only things he used were Auto Shot, Serpent Sting and Steady Shot. Not even Arcane Shot.

Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Technically this isn't my worst LFD ever but I thought it was post worthy. It might aslo give tanks a new opportunity to fail.

You know when you go into a dungeon and there's a rogue with a 5k+ gs pulling less than 3k on a boss? Or an elem sham pulling anything less than 3k on trash packs when he has icc10 gear? There's nothing you can do but yell at them and tell them to help, when they just reply "LoL heroics bro chill"

There is a solution, join them. Try keeping threat with only consecrate, if they pull threat, fuck it, it's a heroic they need to chill. If you keep threat, everyones happy, you get to half ass it, and they do to. It's really win win.

Works with healers to, dps doing sub par? Tank being a jack ass? Be lazy with heals. Just roll rejuvs, who needs to roll a rotation? The dps and the tank don't have to, why should you.

If I start healing less I'd actually be hurting my group tbh :P

Earth Shield > follow tank > watch tv
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I do not like that you cannot kick people until after at certain amount of time. I have had people join the group, and just autofollow for a few minutes, then auto-attack mobs and essentially contribute nothing to a group. It is nearly maddening having someone so blatantly just free-ride the entire instance because they cannot be removed.

10+ Year Old Account

The 71-talent tree dramabomb

I've noticed more and more in random dungeons that people like to have 71 talent points in a single tree.

Just the other day, I ran my random on my warrior tank just for the sake of speed. I'm not exceptionally geared or anything, but for a good 7 minutes I wondered why I was always the top damage/dps. I finally checked after the first boss, and of the 3 dps

One was a fresh 80. Like... FRESH. I have no problem with this, everyone goes through it at one point.

The other two were a 0/71/0 frost DK, and a 0/0/71 frost mage.

I'm not 'That Guy', so I decided not to point anything out until the end. When I did, I expected the whole "OMG STOP TELLING ME HOW TO PLAY MY CLASS", but it didn't happen. Instead, one of the two asked me for spec/class advice. I gladly pointed him toward EJ/MMOchamp/Tankspot, etc. The second one said nothing, and the fresh 80 was the one to freak out, surprisingly. "blah blah blah, tired of elitist, etc etc etc, I'd kick you if we weren't done."

I had a lol, and then the DK went off on him for bashing someone who was only trying to help. It's nice to see sensible people (especially in the Emberstorm battlegroup) once in a while

Tl;DR, someone was actually willing to accept class advice, and someone completely out of the conversation tried to freak out on his behalf, then got bashed by the person he was white-knighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".

As amusing as most of these stories are, it's kind of shocking how much abuse some players put up with. I love the convenience of LFD, but I'm realistic that a large portion of people in the system are just irredeemably bad at the game, and I'm not queued up to play teacher (I'm not there to deal with sociopaths either, but oh well).

That's why I can't imagine doing LFD without at least a couple of alts. It makes it much easier to just bail on a bad group before wasting more than a few minutes, then avoid the timer by queuing up on another character. Once that character's run is over, I switch back. Combine that with putting the really bad/obnoxious players on ignore (using an expanded ignore list mod), and dungeons are usually pretty enjoyable.

About the worst I get now is stuff like the following:
    > Loot whores
    > Melee Hunters (nuff said)
    > Non-tanks pulling
    > Tanks oblivious to healer mana
    > AoE DPS not waiting for consecrate/tclap/etc.
    > DPS my disc priest can beat with SwP and wanding between heals
    > DPS posting recount constantly... or worse keep asking someone else to post it since they're too
    lazy to bother downloading the addon
    > Mana-using DPS (mostly low level) wanting us to wait after every fight so they can drink to full
    (I feel for them about low-level mana regen, but still don't think it's worth slowing down the run)
    > People too lazy to buff/rebuff (especially Paladins... as someone who used to keep up 5 min
    Blessings in MC before Greaters, I find that extremely offensive)
    > People too lazy to cure debuffs, or who don't even have a mod to warn them of debuffed party
    members (see previous complaint... we're not talking about something like Chromaggus here
    people... it's not hard)
    > People who won't shut up, or who macro inane crap into attacks they SPAM
    (yes, yes... "Moonkin go BOOM!!!!1!!!", indeed... Moonkin go on /ignore now)

The best part is when someone warrants an ignore mid-run, but either can't be kicked or is just barely contributing enough not to bother kicking them. "Hope you don't have anything important to say later in the run, cause I won't hear it." ;p It's funny, but my ignore list has gotten fairly sizable this way, and I don't seem to find myself waiting any longer in the queue as a result (which makes sense... pretty big pool of players after all).

10+ Year Old Account

Although most of my runs are fine, I've had a few that were so terrible that you couldn't help but talk about them later.

My favourite is the CoT:Strat random I got recently as a healer. Two DKs queue'd together from the same guild/server, the rest of us random PuGs. One of them is mostly naked . He claims he just got his account back after being hacked and is trying to gear up again. It's an easy heroic and the rest of us were pretty laid back so we just shrugged and went with it.

In the middle of one of the waves, the half-naked DK disconnects. After a several minutes of him being offline, his guildmate says in party that the offline DK called him on the phone and said that his account had been suspended pending investigation because of being hacked. So, of course, the tank initiates a vote-kick so we can get another DPS in. By now the guy has been offline for <5 minutes and we know he's not coming back since his account isn't even in his control. (Any other group would have kicked the guy when he zoned in with half his armor missing and again when he disconnected, but we had been pretty damn nice thus far by waiting until we heard he definitely wasn't coming back before removing him.)

Well, the remaining DK flips out. Refuses the role checks, refuses to DPS, tries to cause us problems, and is ranting about how we're terrible, mean, evil people for kicking his friend. The tank explained that his friend isn't going to get credit anyway since he was offline and that he wouldn't make it back for the end if he had been suspended, but the guy will just not listen to reason at all. He is genuinely hysterical, unfathomably upset for reasons no one can really understand. I've had a lot of bad players and asshole players in my groups, but this is the first time I had someone like this.

Which means now we're down minus two DPSers, and one of them is trying to sabotage us. Of course, we just booted the offline guy, so we can't remove him, too.

I was pissed that this guy felt entitled to hold the whole group hostage, so I just let him die and we finished the dungeon with just three of us. Fun fact: still made the timed run.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account

Just finished up a retardedly back H UK run, which could have ended in a ball of flames, but was salvaged somehow.

Yeah, it was me (Frost DW DK Tank), Warrior, Mage, Warlock, Resto Drood.
    -Drood didn't have gems socketed in her chestpiece and other gear I think.
    -Mage and Warlock "DC" after just two trash pulls.
    -Mage gets back on, Warlock is votekicked for D/Cing.
    -Mage complains at group for votekicking friend, so he leaves too.
    -We get a hunter and mage as replacement DPS.

Now here's where it just goes all wrong.
    -At times, the druid went into bear form and taunted mobs.
    -I could have gotten her killed on Prince when she was frozen, but chose not to.
    -On the hallway to second boss, druid goes bear form, goes way ahead of me, pulls mobs, and gets herself and the warrior killed. She then asks for a res, when we had no ressing classes in the party that were alive.
    -The random bear (and cat) form popping continued all the way down the hallway.
    -We do the 2nd boss (Skarvald & Dalronn), drood goes bear form, gets aggro from one of them, dies, and leaves the group. The repalcement mage and the warrior also died during the fight, but we downed them.
    -We get a Resto Shaman as a replacement healer, and all went smoothly afterwards.

So yeah, those are a few things NOT to do as a healer.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

That reminds me of a few other bad druids I've been stuck with lately (mostly queued as dps). The common theme is their gear being all over the place (ie: a mixture of feral/moon/tree gear), and the druid splitting their time between nuking and cat/bear.

The cat/bear thing doesn't bother me as much... I suppose it might be a dps increase at certain level ranges to switch from cat to bear and swipe at groups of mobs, but there's no (decent) spec that benefits from trying to combine nuking & feral melee. I guess someone missed the memo about what 'hybrid' actually means. ;p Oh yeah, their DPS was predictably hideous.

1.Halls of Reflection

2.Death Knight Tank

> > >

Dont even need to combine em

Think I found a new one that lowered the bar. Joined UK hc together with a friend as DPS, and immediately after zoning in and before realising what the hell was going on, we died from Proto Drake frontal damage near the entrance. WTF? After asking if this was a failpug, I saw both the tank and the healer - aside from being idiots doing random /roll 10000s - were Kingslayers from the same guild so there must have just been some two idiot DPS that we replaced that pulled and wiped the party somehow, right? Even experienced players can't save some messy situations like two pets pulling an entire room of adds.

Getting back to the instance and into the Proto Drake room, the resto drood healer kept slacking behind. Ah well, a group or two can be handled with a Kingslayer even if he's in his offspec. It doesn't say too much but at least that he has half a brain - although his DW [Rimefangs Claw] raised some questions. "But he'll know what he's doing, I'm sure", since I haven't read up on Frost DW tanking for a couple of months.

After killing two groups and the tank nearly dying without the healer showing any signs of joining us - aside from half a dozen more /roll 1000s with his tank buddy, I popped a remark with the likes of "Did you guys get boosted to Kingslayer or are you just slacking?". Not nice, but UK should be like 10 minutes and I really didn't plan on spending two hours.

In the end the Resto Druid caught up, we went into the last group before Keleseth and apparantly the healer decided it was more special to help DPS in Feral spec. After dying I just gave up, realising the only thing they had probably been doing was to see how much DPS they were able to kill and force to /leave. Gotta love people nowadays...

10+ Year Old Account

Random Instances: Both a Blessing and a Nightmare.

I guess in a way this is a QQ thread, but hear me out.

I decided I wanted to roll a warrior tank to have some fun levelling while I was waiting for raid days to come along on my main. He's only about lv18 now so not that high and I expect to run into a lot of new players. That's also fine. I can deal with helping them out no matter what they queued as.

Thing is, when you get people who're queuing in heirlooms yet still manage to suck.. It just baffles me.

I queued as tank and got a group right away. Zone in, there's 3 hunters and a paladin. Paladin is prot spec yet is still healing. That's okay, spec doesn't really matter for the lower levels that much.. They're all from the same server except one of the hunters and they all have at least one heirloom piece on.

For the majority of the instance, the two hunters from the same server are standing around flirting with each other and the paladin is standing there /loling while I'm tanking ads and the other hunter is helping me solo it down. Most of the time I'm left with 20% health and have to bandage myself since the paladin doesn't seem to heal unless I ask him. Not only is he not healing but every so often he'll jump around, call his 'friends' homos and melee whatever I'm hitting. Kay..

The other two hunters from the same server decide to actually fight, but they both have growl turned on their pets and they constantly distract shot. I asked them not to do that, they stopped so that was nice. However I had to ask them 3x to turn off growl.

I eventually left the group after trying to talk to them nicely about what they were doing wrong and dying about 6 times from no heals.. They just ignored me and kept facepulling. I doubt they were trolls, they just seemed.. Stupid, for lack of a better word. I've had a few groups similar to this but none as bad.

Now don't get me wrong, randoms are great! I hated having to ask in trade for hours before getting a group. Rarely were instances ran on lower level chars because of that so it's nice to be able to get a taste of all the instances while I quest on the side. Maybe things would be better if blizz added small class tutorials when a person makes a new character, heh. If they already have it then I've missed it.

TL;DR- Low level instances suck with randoms, but randoms are still great.

Post some of your experiences?

Re: Random Instances: Both a Blessing and a Nightmare.

I've had similar experiences. Meleeing hunters has been incredibly common. Unfortunately the alt I'm currently leveling is on a BG where a lot of the people don't understand english, so even trying to communicate with the failures can be a pain.

The other issue we run into constantly is people who need on EVERYTHING. Fortunately I'm mostly leveling with a buddy. We kick anyone who is being an idiot. Occasionally we get them killed repeatedly first.

Hands down the biggest issue I have with random dungeons on low levels is the limit to the number of people we can kick. I've gotten "you cannot initiate any more vote kicks" before I've even initiated one. I've had times where we had to filter out 5+ different complete morons. I'm willing to accept noobs, but not people who won't attack, melee as a hunter and don't listen, or need on everything.

The biggest problem I remember experiencing as a low level was ret paladins. Just plain ret paladins. I don't even know why. Either I would be the tank and they would either a) have righteous fury on b) have a sword and board on c)pull things randomly. Or I would be a dps and they would be the tank and either a) NOT have righteous fury on b) try to tank with a 2hander c) not hold aggro... on anything. Consecrate anyone?

It just utterly baffled me. I couldn't understand why 9/10 ret paladins were so terrible. I mean I understand the class is stereotyped as being bad, but this was absurd. I couldn't even get a decent holy paladin for christ's sake!

This stops happening about level 60 though. Maybe it was just freak accidents... in all 30+ of my low level runs. ...

holy paladins who consecrate, hunters with growl on their pets, and not a one is focusing my target when I'm a tank.

You seemed fairly lucky in finding a group with stupids who, after about 3 times of being told, had actually listened and turned growl off. It's one thing to group with stupids who take a while to realize they're doing something wrong, and totally another thing when those stupids are opinionative to a point where they spite the group and start mass-pulling because you 'fail' to see their way.

10+ Year Old Account

It's the same with PuGs - They may have the gear, but they sure do lack the skills.

I were in an ICC25 pug yesterday - and we had a few DPSers only dealing ~5,5k DPS on Festergut, with a freaking 20% damage buff.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!