Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra
    I think this might work actually and if the shields break at EXACT the same time, you will get rapture from all 10
    Actually it's not gonna work, because when shielding the tanks, your shield will be destroyed faster the the shields on the rest, and the 12 sec CD on rapture could screw up the mana return on infest!!!!! So i did only shield healers and dps and let the two other healers take care of the tanks in the period im shielding raid!!!

  2. #22
    Stood in the Fire Pyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonheiden, Belgium
    Posts
    381

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by wanijs
    Actually it's not gonna work, because when shielding the tanks, your shield will be destroyed faster the the shields on the rest, and the 12 sec CD on rapture could screw up the mana return on infest!!!!! So i did only shield healers and dps and let the two other healers take care of the tanks in the period im shielding raid!!!
    Well yes, that's what I thought aswell. So i was thinking downranking my shields for dps/healers and throw my highest rank shield on the 2 tanks

    Awesomely made by Caiti.

  3. #23

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra
    Well yes, that's what I thought aswell. So i was thinking downranking my shields for dps/healers and throw my highest rank shield on the 2 tanks
    I played around with shielding the tank on a couple of attempts and since the LK-encounter has a couple high-damage abilities I found it working quite nicely to just shield the tank when something like Infest or Soul Reaper is coming in. Weakened Soul will be fade off in time for the next Infest anyway, and in between there is no real point to reduce a single hit from Arthas. This may be more viable. But I still think downranking is stupid.

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire Pyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonheiden, Belgium
    Posts
    381

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminee
    I played around with shielding the tank on a couple of attempts and since the LK-encounter has a couple high-damage abilities I found it working quite nicely to just shield the tank when something like Infest or Soul Reaper is coming in. Weakened Soul will be fade off in time for the next Infest anyway, and in between there is no real point to reduce a single hit from Arthas. This may be more viable. But I still think downranking is stupid.
    The thing is, that i'm running oom way to fast. And not getting benefit from Rapture because the shields rnt getting absorber by Infest. Downranking for dps/healers will solve that since the shielding has to be done anyway. I dont know if you readed it but i used to shield party 2 and Inner Focus when ever its off cd together with PoH on one of the tanks in party 1, and that seemed to work way better and not that mana eating like i used to preshield the whole raid. But then again, since we only got to about 67%, i have no idea how that will work out towards the end of the battle. I'm not sure when to use fiend / hymn either. i try to use hymn of hope when the first transition takes place

    Awesomely made by Caiti.

  5. #25

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra
    The thing is, that i'm running oom way to fast. And not getting benefit from Rapture because the shields rnt getting absorber by Infest. Downranking for dps/healers will solve that since the shielding has to be done anyway. I dont know if you readed it but i used to shield party 2 and Inner Focus when ever its off cd together with PoH on one of the tanks in party 1, and that seemed to work way better and not that mana eating like i used to preshield the whole raid. But then again, since we only got to about 67%, i have no idea how that will work out towards the end of the battle. I'm not sure when to use fiend / hymn either. i try to use hymn of hope when the first transition takes place
    I did read what you said earlier (I commented a lot on page 1 if you don't remember). Okay, I don't want to be a pain in the ass and will just say: shield group 2 and PoH group 1 if you are fine with that. My whole and lone point is that your tricks in phase 1 become obsolete in the coming phases, especially in phase 3 where a PoH may just not be enough. This has two reasons: 1) your target party may be out of range 2) casting time may be too high since you most certainly need to a) move quickly interrupting your cast because of a AoE or rescuing someone b) have time to shield everyone running around and then focus-heal somebody (Soul Reaper, Offtank, Harvest, Spirit victims, Defile victims) because this will in my opinion save your raid in a better way then anything else. If you say your mana drops below zero while doing that I'm telling you as I did before: Yes, this encounter requires some mp5 outside Replenishment or Rapture. There is no point in denying this.

    Anyway, since the berserk timer is at 15min and you most certainly will need at least 14min at this point of gear you can safely use your fiend when you burn the Lich King into phase 1.5 since it will be up in phase 3 leaving your hymn for phase 2.5 for example. Make sure though you shield yourself right before you trigger the hymn to not lose a clip. Another possibility would be to take the fiend ending phase 1, be smart till phase 3 and then trigger the hymn pushing your mana pool while casting the fiend which will return more mana than usual.

    In conclusion I highly recommend any group a discipline priest for this encounter solely because of our shield mechanics. This simply takes so much pressure out of the fight for everyone. As I mentioned before, you could try and test how shielding the whole raid (talking 10man here) and reshield after the second Infest works for you. Eventually the absorb left on the shields might be enough to take you through the second AoE preventing dots. This would give you rapture and actually save you a great deal of mana.

    If Rapture is bugged and you'll get multiple return from an Infest while shielding ten people for example, this should be even more mana efficient than using a PoH. You probably need to work out your tactics. The first Infest can be fully absorbed and return more mana then you have when you preshield everyone except the tank and shield that tank when the LK is casting Infest. Your Rapture will be on cooldown. Repeat this (at least in phase 1) shielding your tank and your horror-tank while he's casting. You might come out of phase 1 with at least 90% hp since there isn't really anything else to heal.

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire Pyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonheiden, Belgium
    Posts
    381

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminee
    I did read what you said earlier (I commented a lot on page 1 if you don't remember).
    I'm sorry, i dont rly read the names of the ppl who post . But yeah, I guess theres no other way to try and sort it out anyway with preshielding evry1. Probably be the best of gemming some more mp5.. or Intelect perhaps

    Awesomely made by Caiti.

  7. #27

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra
    I'm sorry, i dont rly read the names of the ppl who post . But yeah, I guess theres no other way to try and sort it out anyway with preshielding evry1. Probably be the best of gemming some more mp5.. or Intelect perhaps
    You'll do that. Gemming straight for int may be a bit over the top (even though I currently gemmed for +20int/int+spell entirely), but replacing your +23spellpower with int+spellpower might do the trick. Don't gem for mp5 unless you need the meta requirements or socket bonus is >5spellpower, int gives you more regen than mp5 (considering Replenishment). Also think about how hard you want to be Kingslayer. If you seriously want to achieve this why not regemming your shadowgear for this fight? I mean.. what's gold these days?

  8. #28

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    You can definitely Disc heal LK without regemming for regen. You just have to be judicious with your throughput.

    In the first phase, you should be very conservative. Shield the tanks, penance the Shambling tank to keep inspiration up, PoM, that's about it. You want to enter P3 with full mana and fiend/HoH still available.

    P3 is your big mana dump. I don't quite understand the mechanism of Infest; that is, the first tick is less than my shields and it shouldn't tick twice if they stay at full health, but I have no problem getting Rapture procs. I always focus my shields on healers/range first. The melee are more likely to be clumped together and therefore generally well covered by various AOE heals.

    I usually pop fiend (and sometimes HoH depending on how my mana is doing) during the 3rd wave of Val'kyrs and the second P2 with near full mana.

    Then P4, obviously you need a shield+penance ready for harvest soul. Also, I spam shield the melee as they are most likely to get burst by the viles. If needed, I pop a mana pot here.

  9. #29
    Stood in the Fire Pyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonheiden, Belgium
    Posts
    381

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy
    You can definitely Disc heal LK without regemming for regen. You just have to be judicious with your throughput.

    In the first phase, you should be very conservative. Shield the tanks, penance the Shambling tank to keep inspiration up, PoM, that's about it. You want to enter P3 with full mana and fiend/HoH still available.

    P3 is your big mana dump. I don't quite understand the mechanism of Infest; that is, the first tick is less than my shields and it shouldn't tick twice if they stay at full health, but I have no problem getting Rapture procs. I always focus my shields on healers/range first. The melee are more likely to be clumped together and therefore generally well covered by various AOE heals.

    I usually pop fiend (and sometimes HoH depending on how my mana is doing) during the 3rd wave of Val'kyrs and the second P2 with near full mana.

    Then P4, obviously you need a shield+penance ready for harvest soul. Also, I spam shield the melee as they are most likely to get burst by the viles. If needed, I pop a mana pot here.

    - so you're saying in phase 1 I shouldnt preshield the raid for every infest?
    - and I have no idea how you get Rapture procs like that then
    - about the time to pop HoH / fiend. I'm sure you're able to pop it twice, no? 15min fight atleast, 6min cd on HoH and 5min on fiend

    Awesomely made by Caiti.

  10. #30
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    245

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminee
    This. Ever since we are trying Lich King I've put an end to my crappy discipline-gearing and am stacking spirit and int. Seriously, drop the spellpower gems if you should ever get low on mana and regen for full int while picking up some spirit through items. In this encounter it is essential to basically have a shield running on every character and to reshield before an existing partially absorbed shield may run out since damage is tough. In my opinion you should have 2000 int and ~400mp5 before raidbuffs for LK10. You'll need it. With 36k+ mana and various procs you'll end up with about 800 mp5 which works out well here. You do not have too much crit, yet too much haste. Try pulling back from that and take that crit rating through the roof.

    For your healing tactics: You're crippling your raid. You need a shield on every player preventing Infest, since it hurts you in phase two very much if someone gets infested but is out of range for whatever reason. You do want to wait with shields on the tank for Infest or Soul Reaper though. I recommend the fiend for beginning of phase 3, the Hymn correctly in phase 1.5 - save your focus for a Divine Hymn if things go south. Seriously, this can save a raid.

    Bottom line: No one should be without a full shield in this fight ever.
    Whats this bullshit?

    I did lk 25man as disc in my holy gear, which means 0 int gems and about 31k mana fullbuffed, 3-3.1k sp unb 20-22% holy crit,

    Mana management as disc shouldnt be a problem anyway... just play your shields smart..
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

  11. #31

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterwings
    Whats this bullshit?

    I did lk 25man as disc in my holy gear, which means 0 int gems and about 31k mana fullbuffed, 3-3.1k sp unb 20-22% holy crit,

    Mana management as disc shouldnt be a problem anyway... just play your shields smart..
    Well, then you must be very good at what you do. Anyway, I was clearly talking about 10man (as is this thread) where a discipline priest can do 50% of the healing tricks alone simply because there is enough time to hold shields up on every player while in 25man this is quite hard to achieve (kudos to you if you can pull this off). And please don't bullshit me, I'm just sharing my opinion in the best way to handle this fight as a discipline (in a small scale raid enviorenment). Without assistence like two group healers (shaman topping melee camp in one click, druids hotting like mad or holies throwing PoH around) you'll might just have to heal more in less time consuming more mana. Also you said you used your holy gear which obviously has a strong amount of spirit (as in regen) on it. Of course you should not regem for regen when you are playing with a spirit-base past 1000 or something, we're talking discipline (or partly shadow) gear here.

    And please don't place words in my mouth. I never intended to say that it's the only way to succeed in this encounter with a decent mp5 rating or this or that amount of intellect because that would be pretty ignorant. What I was trying to say is that you may succeed with low regen or bad operating- you may be not the strongest of your healing colleagues but your raid can still get him down, the only thing I tried to do was giving a reason for regearing regen in this fight: to maximize your performance. But again: 25m is really not in discussion here.

    However it looks like I'm sitting in my own boat here. If people say it's possible to do this without regen that's fine, I guess.

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire Pyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonheiden, Belgium
    Posts
    381

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterwings
    Whats this bullshit?

    I did lk 25man as disc in my holy gear, which means 0 int gems and about 31k mana fullbuffed, 3-3.1k sp unb 20-22% holy crit,

    Mana management as disc shouldnt be a problem anyway... just play your shields smart..
    Tell me how then

    Awesomely made by Caiti.

  13. #33

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyra

    - so you're saying in phase 1 I shouldnt preshield the raid for every infest?
    - and I have no idea how you get Rapture procs like that then
    - about the time to pop HoH / fiend. I'm sure you're able to pop it twice, no? 15min fight atleast, 6min cd on HoH and 5min on fiend
    No you should not in P1. It is easily healed by WG, CoH and CH since everyone is clumped up

    I do pop fiend again in P4.

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire Pyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonheiden, Belgium
    Posts
    381

    Re: Disc - Getting low on Spirit :o?

    Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy
    No you should not in P1. It is easily healed by WG, CoH and CH since everyone is clumped up

    I do pop fiend again in P4.
    We wont have a holy priest tho. we'll prolly have a holy paladin for sure and as raid healer a shaman or druid.
    But would you say pre-casting WG? or after its been aplied. ofc CoH would be better if it was pre-casted and hitting when infest hits but yea, WG iam asking about. becaus the hot will decrease over time if i'm right, or will it still be enough?

    Awesomely made by Caiti.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •