Thread: MM arp or agy

10+ Year Old Account

MM arp or agy

Ok guys,I made this topic because im really confussed.I was survival untill 3.3 stacked with agy,now i switch to MM because it's the best pve spec for hunters atm.I know if u are MM u must have gems with arp,but i use MM spec with agy stacked,i've also got 4 gemsx20 arp.My question is if MM arp is better than MM agy,i saw many hunters with agy gems while they`re are MM.MM agy>Survival,as i tested on dummy.I've got 2207 agy selfbuffed and arround 600 arp.If i get deathbringer's will i will have arround 60% arp or something like that.I'm playing this spec for 2-3 weeks and i love it,doing very nice dps on icc10/25.I also beat MM hunters staked with arp from guild in our weekly icc25 raids.Pls answer my question and give me some tips.Thanks.

Armory link:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...as&cn=Rilancio
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

Re: MM arp or agy

You do not have an ArPen trinket and do not have enough static ArPen to justify gemming ArPen.

Stick with Agility for a while.

And you said give you suggestions:

For the love of all that is holy, don't use that hit trinket. Every freaking terrible hunter uses that and they are ALL massively over the hit cap, like you. A Mirror of Truth is better than that; the trinket from Forge of Souls is probably better than that. You can drop allllllll of the hit from that trinket and be safe: you probably have a draenei and/or can switch out a point into Focused Aim if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarn
    For the love of all that is holy, don't use that hit trinket. Every freaking terrible hunter uses that and they are ALL massively over the hit cap, like you. A Mirror of Truth is better than that; the trinket from Forge of Souls is probably better than that. You can drop allllllll of the hit from that trinket and be safe: you probably have a draenei and/or can switch out a point into Focused Aim if need be.

But... But... But... Their gear score will be lower with Mirror of Truth! Itemization doesn't matter, only ilvl's do! Every good player knows that, scrub.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

10+ Year Old Account

Ye i know im overcapped ,i need to lower my hit,as i said i want to get NeS from FoS/Deathbringer's Will or Whispering Skull from icc10 Lady D.Im already farmming FoS but i have bad luck on roll/drop.
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

Dont gem ArP till you have 800-900 from gear alone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account

Well I`m open for more tips.Isn't 800-900 ArP from gear too high?
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rilancio
    Well I`m open for more tips.Isn't 800-900 ArP from gear too high?
    Nope, that's the least you'll go for before you gem for it.

you need 1400 to hit hardcap, and u wont feel much difference till u have about 1200+(with gems)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

but what no one is saying is with Arp MM you will have to be rooted to the spot and pray you dont have to move to hit the same figures as a AGI MM.

If you like flexibility stack Agi, if you like being a one trick pony stack Arp. Simple.

and what is the difference end game between agi mm and arp, sweet fa, nothing you would lose sleep over. i wish people would stop mis informing the general hunter world that MM = ARP because it really really really doesnt.

having to move as a hunter is always a dps loss, just because you get slightly more dps from arcane shot as an agi mm doesnt mean its any less detrimental to have to use it.

the only real difference between the builds is a lot weaker volley with arp gems. that and rotating around aimed and chimera i guess (though i've yet to see aimed to do enough damage to warrant caring)

Quote Originally Posted by huntz
    but what no one is saying is with Arp MM you will have to be rooted to the spot and pray you dont have to move to hit the same figures as a AGI MM.
    So, if you're an agility oriented MM you magically get to deal damage while moving? (Also, you are not forbidden from using Arcane Shot while moving even if you gem ArP. Nuts, I know.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori
    having to move as a hunter is always a dps loss, just because you get slightly more dps from arcane shot as an agi mm doesnt mean its any less detrimental to have to use it.

the only real difference between the builds is a lot weaker volley with arp gems. that and rotating around aimed and chimera i guess (though i've yet to see aimed to do enough damage to warrant caring)
    1.) Most agility MM's don't use Arcane Shot anyways. Once you hit 6-700 static ArP or 50% crit, fitting in another Steady Shot is more beneficial.

2.) You seem to not realize Aimed Shot benefits from Piercing Shots.

10+ Year Old Account

Ok,as i read all the messages you posted,I will stay MM agy untill i have 800-900 ArP from gear.Will be hard to switch MM arp or stay MM agy,cuz i like my dps.Will see then.
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

you don't seem to understand what i said. arcane shot is not being utilized for an agility marksman any more than it is for an arp marksman. you only use it while MOVING and not during steady-filler. and you may not realize, but chimera benefits from piercing shots as well, which is only modified by your agility (as it is not a physical attack like aimed is, benefiting from arp)

i mentioned arcane shot in the first sentence because it only gains dps from agility, and not arp. not whether or not it's used outside of movement. arcane shot has never been worth it to me since i had less than 30% arp but over 50% crit. the difference between having chimera shot take ISS procs and aimed taking them is minimal at most until you close the threshold of hard capping arp.

with all that said, i myself do not have anywhere close to hard cap, and am only somewhat close to soft-cap without gemming hence my "not caring" about prioritizing aimed over chimera in the amazingly difficult rotation of marksmanship

Ok I've been out of the raiding game for a while and I'm trying to get back in but can someone explain to me this about not using Arcane Shot? I have 3/3 improved arcane shot and it hits for about 6k while my steady shot hits for about 4.5k and thats not considering the whole Arcane shot is instant and steady I have to cast thing.

Armory is down I'll link my character soon.

"Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice
    Ok I've been out of the raiding game for a while and I'm trying to get back in but can someone explain to me this about not using Arcane Shot? I have 3/3 improved arcane shot and it hits for about 6k while my steady shot hits for about 4.5k and thats not considering the whole Arcane shot is instant and steady I have to cast thing.

Armory is down I'll link my character soon.

It's cause of the piercing shots talent. Also the 3 points from arcane can then be used for something else.