Thread: warlock pvp

warlock pvp

so here i am writing on mmo champion about why lock pvp is frustrating

i play wow since the begining of bc and have continued during wotlk until s6

i have always played a lock aff with a holypala or resto druid

i have returned 2 weeks ago to wow i started doing arenas again, i was thinking things had changed, that resi had made a diference, but no.

i look at myself losing against classes that take no skill at all, i just played a game in which a ret pala killed my pet 8 times, yes i counted them, he killed him in a matter of seconds, over and over again, my healer trys to heal the pet but the guy just trains him until it dies and then does the same with me.

its god dam frustratin playing locks in 2's, the same happens with warriors, when they see me they just train me until i die, they dont switch they dont cc , they just bloody dps me , and they win.

same can be said with rogues,or ferals...these guys are even more frustrating.

i no longer even want to play 2's anymore my pala has to beg me to do it.

i am at 1800 and just cant get past it cause i dont play a facerolling class.

any locks feel the same or is it just me getting trained

Re: warlock pvp

try Destro out....all the cool warlocks play that these days and it destroys rogues

the only thing that frustrating me is when a warrior charge me and stuns me for 3seconds im dead, i think it the low resi, but i remember when i played on arena server (free premades) they killed me 2-3seconds after the stun

A link to ur armory would help... if u just started back 2 weeks ago I doubt ur gear is up to par.... mainly because with the current system it takes day's to grind the honor to get one piece...

Secondly locks are like the anti pally imo.... constantly in duels I beat pally's even after they blow bubble and lay on hands, so again an armory link would be nice to check out ur spec.

Warriors on the other hand are a bit tougher, but as long as u place ur teleport out of los and port when they bladestorm they are manageable...

U can pull ur pet back, use fear, and heal them yourself, + a % of all the damage u do heals them, so keep both targets fully dotted... I don't see how they can kill them with ur dots, channeled heal, and a healer spamming them =\

Personally I don't run with resto druids or pally's... I like resto shamans and preferably disc priest... the extra dots they provide + mana burn makes it easy to down healers quickly....

So to answer ur question, no, I don't feel like locks are gimp... Ur right tho, they are not a face roll class, like any other caster they take A LOT more finess to play than most melee... but when played right are pretty mean!

Link ur armory and you'll get a lot more helpful input from our community and I'm sure we'll be able to advise you in a direction to get u passed the 1800 max ur stuck at now...

Meh... I don't let myself get frustrated over 2s anymore. How much resil do you have? How decent is your gear?

Are you spec'd into improved health funnel? I usually enjoy watching people try to spank on my pet.. I can keep it up while my partner cc's their partner and then we can focus on the guy hitting the pet.

Yes I agree, rogues, and I'd even say moreso ferals, these days are absolutely awful to face in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Warlocks to tend to suffer a lot with melee since despite the damage mitigation of soul link, we are too squishy yet they often have the tools they need to counter any attempt we make to keep at range.
    They can dps on the move, we can only use a selcted number of abilities while doing so.
    The game is, and will continue to be heavily biased towards melee in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Thing thats really annoying is that our CC breaks with damage as most caster CC does so we cant keep dots rolling on all targets without breaking cc for the most part making it that much harder to apply pressure especially in 2s. I feel your pain entirely but if you are affliction for PvP you can have your felhunter in the stay position towards the back of where you are and have it eat/spell lock ppl from a distance but it must be used carefully.

Tbh it really sucks we get facerolled by warriors, rogues, UH DKs, and ferals... but blizz wont buff us so we are stuck atm

I play lock/mage for 2s and i honestly expected it to be a faceroll but paladin/(insert any melee class) just doesnt die against us even with poly and fear DR rotation. really annoying

just my thoughts hopefully you can form a better conjecture as to why locks suck vs melee

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Affliction is decent against melee. If it's a single one, you should be able to drain tank a bladestorming warrior, moreso if you're using the voidy and can get the shield up. DK's will always pop anti-magic cooldowns, and while i don't think a Felhunter will be able to steal them, once they're gone, you're able to drain tank them with great ease. If your DoT's are up before he pops it, he's still gonna be eating a helluva lot of damage.
    What server do you play on? Locks haven't bn able to drain tank a melee since Wrath, the only way I can beat a melee is if I kite the fool out of them, and I'm currently in a survival spec (25% siphon life glyph, 5% soul link glyph, 6% reduced damage talent in destro tree, usually use demon armour vs melee all on top of 1k res)... So if you've found a way to drain tank I'd like to watch so I can learn and improve my skills.