Haste and Feral Spirit.

Hey guys,

First off, I want to note that I am asking this from the perspective of a PvP Enhancement shaman. My interest is based on the concept that if I stack haste, my wolves will attack faster, thus heal me faster, and in turn my survivability will go up.

I was reading the enhancement FAQ to see if there was any information about haste effecting wolves attacks, and I ran into an interesting contradiction. Here is the post.

"Wolves have 331 base strength and get 2 x AP from their strength + 31% of the AP of the Shaman rising to 61% with the Glyph of Feral Sprits. They do 206.17 dps modified by AP at usual rate of 14 AP = 1dps. They have a base attack rate of 1.5 speed which is boosted by haste."

... several sentences later ...

"Wolves do NOT benefit from the Shaman's crit or haste ratings. They don't have hit and expertise per se instead their chance to hit is based on the Shaman's hit and expertise. If you are yellow hit capped then they won't miss (this is my experience further detailed testing is required to PROVE this is the case)."

I was looking at many top Enhancement shaman, and it appears some stack haste and some stack AP... Flexxi for instance is running with 400 haste. Any insight into this would be much appreciated.

Re: Haste and Feral Spirit.

Perhapse I am answering my own question here, but after contemplating it further, perhaps what this post is saying is that the wolves will benefit from things in a raid that increase melee haste, such as windfury totem, but that the SHAMAN's haste doesn't effect their attack speed at all?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ghrunt
    Perhapse I am answering my own question here, but after contemplating it further, perhaps what this post is saying is that the wolves will benefit from things in a raid that increase melee haste, such as windfury totem, but that the SHAMAN's haste doesn't effect their attack speed at all?
    This is correct.

Windfury, Boomkin aura/retribution thing. will increase there attack speed.

But they do not gain from your haste or critical ratings.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ghrunt
    Hey guys,

First off, I want to note that I am asking this from the perspective of a PvP Enhancement shaman. My interest is based on the concept that if I stack haste, my wolves will attack faster, thus heal me faster, and in turn my survivability will go up.

I was reading the enhancement FAQ to see if there was any information about haste effecting wolves attacks, and I ran into an interesting contradiction. Here is the post.

"Wolves have 331 base strength and get 2 x AP from their strength + 31% of the AP of the Shaman rising to 61% with the Glyph of Feral Sprits. They do 206.17 dps modified by AP at usual rate of 14 AP = 1dps. They have a base attack rate of 1.5 speed which is boosted by haste."
    I've modified the FAQ to clarify that their speed is boosted by their haste NOT yours. ie: any auras or buffs put on them after they are summoned.

They're effected by lust/hero as well, so if it's used early in the encounter be sure to have another shaman pop it again when your wolves are out.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    They're effected by lust/hero as well, so if it's used early in the encounter be sure to have another shaman pop it again when your wolves are out.
    Well DUH!!! Lust/Hero is a buff that applies to all friendly players & pets active at the time its cast. So what I said :
    their speed is boosted by their haste NOT yours. ie: any auras or buffs put on them after they are summoned.
    holds true. Their speed is boosted by any haste buffs put on them Lust/Hero is a haste buff put on them hence it works!!

To clarify, as you clearly didn't get it, they get any auras & buffs that are applied when summoned. So Bloodlust/Heroism, totem auras, pally auras, shouts and any direct buffs cast on them, which would include cast buffs such as MotW, pally blessings etc. In addition their attack power is directly linked to yours at a rate of 31% (or 61% with the Feral Spirit Glyph) and varies as your AP varies ie: you get a AP proc from trinket they get an instant AP boost too, you get an AP boost from berserking proc so do they etc.